* * * - - 16 votes

Super Smash Bros. Wii U GameCube Controller Bundle $99.99/$79.99 GCU [Best Buy]

Smash bros wii u

#811 typesdragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   204 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

typesdragon

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:15 AM

Came home and this was waiting for me.  The box was mint too and I ordered this 3 days ago.  Sweet heaven!!  20141121_210904.jpg

#812 bokiloki   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   98 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

bokiloki

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:25 AM

Has anyone walked into bestbuy and bought the bundle?

#813 judyjudyjudy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3593 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

judyjudyjudy

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:32 AM

My order was delivered today. Strange thing is, not only did I not get a shipping confirmation email, I got an email saying my order was delayed with an estimated delivery of 12/24. It was in a bubble envelope, but the box is thankfully in okay shape. Can't complain!

#814 cigaro   Constants and Variables CAGiversary!   926 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:35 AM

Yes 

#815 Keith1980   Cheapstiffy CAG in Training   34 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Keith1980

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:43 AM

Went to 6 best buys, came away with one bundle. There sold out everywhere else as well, target, toys r us, gamestop etc.

#816 Hielostar   The Never-Ending Baaaaacklooooog CAGiversary!   153 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:45 AM

I pre-ordered in store about a month ago. I was able to pick up my bundle today without issue. All the copies at my store were the actual bundle and not a pieced together set. There were no copies of the bundle out on the floor; pre-orders only.

#817 BitReplay  

BitReplay

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:46 AM

The adapter itself is starting to sell out everywhere too

#818 AAVBB   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   57 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:48 AM

Well, I didn´t have the bundle, but I still got the game lol. In a another story, I saw two people with bags full of smash, pokémon and smash bundles. What the heck Best Buy?

#819 Lil Frier  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:53 AM

Odd to hear that someone couldn't find a Link amiibo. I mean, there were probably 20+ of those at my store. Shoot, they had so many freaking amiibos that they just set a few on the bottom of the display. Billions of Mario, Yoshi, Pikachu, Star Fox, Donkey Kong, Link, Peach, and the other common ones. Like I said, I'm surprised that there was an issue finding Link.

Also, with the frequency of complaints, I'm questioning the displeasure with Best Buy. Maybe they oversold their allotment, but it sounds more like Nintendo failed to deliver the expected quantities. Well, except the store that lost the pre-orders. Screw those guys.

#820 PlanarPotence   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   19 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

PlanarPotence

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:57 AM

Pre-ordered last week for in-store pickup. Got an email yesterday saying it'd be ready today. Come today, they tell me it was cancelled but couldn't tell me why. Of course, they had none left to sell me, saying the ones they had were set aside for pre-orders. I am livid but I try to be calm since I also work a form of retail and the last thing I need is for karma to send me a bunch of irate customers at my own workplace. They tell me a store 10 miles away had it. I confirm if it's the right SKU, the customer service rep says they have 8 over at the other store, but can't hold it for me. I was apprehensive but decided to try the other store.

Go there, lady has no idea what I'm talking about. Show them the SKU, and their system says they have it. She checks the floor, it's not there. She checks the back, they do have it. She rings me up and of course I'm not getting my GCU discount. I ask why, and the lady explains it's because it's already at a promotional price (wtf?). I'm too exhausted to argue and get it anyway. I'll just try to return it tomorrow and have them fix it. But seriously, what an ordeal.

#821 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4863 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:02 AM

Yep, along with my pre-order. 

#822 soxxx   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   868 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:09 AM

Pre-ordered last week for in-store pickup. Got an email yesterday saying it'd be ready today. Come today, they tell me it was cancelled but couldn't tell me why. Of course, they had none left to sell me, saying the ones they had were set aside for pre-orders. I am livid but I try to be calm since I also work a form of retail and the last thing I need is for karma to send me a bunch of irate customers at my own workplace. They tell me a store 10 miles away had it. I confirm if it's the right SKU, the customer service rep says they have 8 over at the other store, but can't hold it for me. I was apprehensive but decided to try the other store.

Go there, lady has no idea what I'm talking about. Show them the SKU, and their system says they have it. She checks the floor, it's not there. She checks the back, they do have it. She rings me up and of course I'm not getting my GCU discount. I ask why, and the lady explains it's because it's already at a promotional price (wtf?). I'm too exhausted to argue and get it anyway. I'll just try to return it tomorrow and have them fix it. But seriously, what an ordeal.

Thats BS, I would have gotten a manager. For some of us, a trip to bestbuy isnt easy, if I had to take an extra trip I would be pissed. (I have to pay a toll to get to mine, and its on a busy road so I dread driving there when I have to).

#823 PlanarPotence   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   19 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

PlanarPotence

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:28 AM

Thats BS, I would have gotten a manager. For some of us, a trip to bestbuy isnt easy, if I had to take an extra trip I would be pissed. (I have to pay a toll to get to mine, and its on a busy road so I dread driving there when I have to).

At the first place, the employee initially helping me had to bring a manager over. He didn't seem to know what he was doing honestly. The first employee disappeared and the manager said he'd look into my situation and left as well. I stood there for 15 minutes waiting for them to come back until another employee who had no idea what I was there for had to ask. That manager told her to tell me they didn't know why my order was cancelled but that they could do the bundle separately or I could try the other store. Honestly, that 'manager' didn't even have the integrity to come back and tell me that himself. The employee was nice though and tried to double check for me and brought back... New Super Mario Bros Wii and a Wii Mini. She explained they didn't have the 'bundle' but had the individual components. I told her that wasn't even the right game. I apologized for being a problem customer and thanked her for her understanding and that I'd try the other store which she told me had 8 of the bundle.

#824 DirtyLarry  

DirtyLarry

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:33 AM

lesson learned, buy online and do in store pickup. My bundle was put aside on Thursday and walked in today with no problems. 

That's what I did and was still told there are no bundles for pre-order pickup... Sacramento Arden Store.

So much for ordering 4 months out to insure I get one before the floor stock is sold.. 

Ill call their 800 number tomorrow and whine , try to get expedited shipping to my home.

#825 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6722 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:34 AM

Was picking up my copy tonight. Person in front of me asked if they had the GC bundle and bought the last one. Kind of a bummer as I thought about getting it but oh well. I rarely do local multiplayer now that I live 2 hours from all my college friends :(

#826 RiceQuakes Classic   The One, the Only.....RiceQuakes CAGiversary!   3797 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

RiceQuakes Classic

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:35 AM

Welll, I wallked into Best Buy to buy my preorder and they did indeed allow me to return the basic game and swap it for the bundle. They had ten bundles in stock; 8 were apparently preorders and the other two went to myself and another gentleman who was doing the same thing I was.

I'm glad I got to keep my coin and get a bundle, because it was pretty packed. If I hadn't lined up outside ten minutes before opening someone else would have snagged the bundles.

I feel bad for the last person to show up to grab their bundle, though. While I was buying my game, a guy walked up and said he didn't have a pre-order but wanted to get the bundle, and an employee just grabbed one off of the shelf with all the preorders. Since I bought the last one in stock, they're going to get fucked.

I didn't get a coin. ;_;

Gg phone

Gg phone

#827 Pradbitt  

Pradbitt

Posted 22 November 2014 - 04:04 AM

amazon and frys has them availiable now. secured an amazon bundle. My buddy an employee from best buy said they might restock next week. 

#828 TheGlow   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   224 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 04:13 AM

Yea, UPS says ETA Monday.

I like how the "From" field points to the location I pass by daily on the subway. I can be there in 20 mins.

But no, lets just ship it blind to the store, and then have them ship it again.

I have an inquiry put into UPS now about picking up at the facility tomorrow.

I did get that 38 day late reply about my tv pricematch. They said thanks for the info that I'm upset and that it was a one off situation.

No word about the pending $100. So I tossed in the Smash debacle info as well.

So annoying that my friend just waltzes into gamestop and they have several, and I'm sitting with my thumb up my arse.

#829 soxxx   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   868 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 04:26 AM

Was picking up my copy tonight. Person in front of me asked if they had the GC bundle and bought the last one. Kind of a bummer as I thought about getting it but oh well. I rarely do local multiplayer now that I live 2 hours from all my college friends :(

Same man, wish I had this two years ago when I was living in the college dorms. We used to play Brawls all hours of the day, my dorm was like the party room, people played Brawl from morning till night. This game would have been so much fun with the 8 player mayhem.....

#830 MayorMagikarp  

MayorMagikarp

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:29 AM

After hearing all this horrible news about people not getting their preorders, I'm so fortunate to have mine (that was already paid off). But I can't always be too fortunate, since the Wii U I ordered is literally stuck in Buffalo, NY due to the storm. fffuuuuuu :(

#831 Rudybegga   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   439 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:44 AM

Went to my Best Buy to pick up my bundle pre-order.  Not only did they sell all the bundles, they didn't even have any adapters to piece together.

What they offered was this:

I buy the game and controller, they give me a 10 dollar off coupon for the adapter when they get it in, and they also give me a 20 dollar gift card to say "Sorry" I guess.  I left, saying I'll just hold onto my pre-order until you get some more bundles in, if not I'll refund it.

I wish I'd crunched the numbers before I left, because it would have went something like this....

48 for the game after GCU, controller for 30, adapter for 10 after coupon... 48+30+10=88-20=68.  Possibly 63 if the 5 I spent for a pre-order slip is taken off the total.

68 bucks for a game, controller, adapter, and 1/2 of a Club Nintendo soundtrack is a-okay with me.  Do you think I should go back tomorrow and jump on a 68 dollar bundle deal, or wait it out for a week?

#832 SuperMario64   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   862 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

SuperMario64

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:53 AM

The Gamecube controller adapters are nowhere to be seen. Has anyone found them anywhere?

#833 bokiloki   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   98 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

bokiloki

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:55 AM

Went to my Best Buy to pick up my bundle pre-order.  Not only did they sell all the bundles, they didn't even have any adapters to piece together.

What they offered was this:

I buy the game and controller, they give me a 10 dollar off coupon for the adapter when they get it in, and they also give me a 20 dollar gift card to say "Sorry" I guess.  I left, saying I'll just hold onto my pre-order until you get some more bundles in, if not I'll refund it.

I wish I'd crunched the numbers before I left, because it would have went something like this....

48 for the game after GCU, controller for 30, adapter for 10 after coupon... 48+30+10=88-20=68.  Possibly 63 if the 5 I spent for a pre-order slip is taken off the total.

68 bucks for a game, controller, adapter, and 1/2 of a Club Nintendo soundtrack is a-okay with me.  Do you think I should go back tomorrow and jump on a 68 dollar bundle deal, or wait it out for a week?

What good is being being  a cheapass if you can't crunch the numbers in high pressure situations....you panicked bro...just kidding but seriously that would have been pretty good.

#834 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11447 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:57 AM

What good is being being  a cheapass if you can't crunch the numbers in high pressure situations....you panicked bro...just kidding but seriously that would have been pretty good.

He's failed the test, I vote we ban him.

#835 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:00 AM

He's failed the test, I vote we ban him.

it would suck to since he declined there offer and then decide to go back tomorrow to be told it was a one time offer and that he refused it and told him to just wait on his preorder like he stormed off telling them he would lol

#836 DetectiveConanA113  

DetectiveConanA113

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:06 AM

The Gamecube controller adapters are nowhere to be seen. Has anyone found them anywhere?

I saw them at every store I went to this afternoon. Also saw plenty of all amiibos. Considering all the bundles are sold out, I guess everyone around here bought those and barely anyone bought adapters alone or any amiibos.

#837 SuperMario64   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   862 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

SuperMario64

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:17 AM

I saw them at every store I went to this afternoon. Also saw plenty of all amiibos. Considering all the bundles are sold out, I guess everyone around here bought those and barely anyone bought adapters alone or any amiibos.

Well that's good to hear because all the stores I went to had no adapters so hopefully I can find one in another area. I mainly want it to play 8 player Smash with friends. In the meantime, I'm pretty happy playing with my Pro controller.

#838 Rudybegga   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   439 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:23 AM

To be fair, I didn't know what the components by themselves were worth until I looked it up recently.  I'm pretty good at spontaneously crunching numbers.  I should have asked, though, you're right.

#839 Rudybegga   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   439 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:23 AM

And the thought that the deal might not be good tomorrow is going through my head right now.  If I can't make this deal happen, oh well.  The trade credit might be better served on Black Friday, buying a few of the 20 dollar awesome games.

#840 Darthlain18   Zeldaholic CAGiversary!   1303 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Darthlain18

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:31 AM

It's rough seeing everyone have all these issues when all I had to do was walk in, hand over my preorder receipt, sign a paper and walk out with 2 of my amiibo and bundle. They said right away that they hadn't gotten marth in yet so that was my only issue but they told me right away and I said ok cool be back when its in!
  • R4L likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Smash bros wii u