* * * - - 16 votes

Super Smash Bros. Wii U GameCube Controller Bundle $99.99/$79.99 GCU [Best Buy]

Smash bros wii u

#871 cigaro   Constants and Variables CAGiversary!   926 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:01 PM

Someone sell me on amiibo. Im thinking about picking some up today, but I wanna know what the real draw is here. 

Keep in mind im the only one out of my friends with a wii u, so i would pretty much only be using it on my console. 

#872 uiengineer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   778 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

uiengineer

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:37 PM

Is the bundle hard to find? I bought an extra when I went to pick up my preorder, and they still had 5 bundles left for sale.

#873 RiceQuakes Classic   The One, the Only.....RiceQuakes CAGiversary!   3797 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

RiceQuakes Classic

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:42 PM

I just sold that coin that came with my preorder on eBay for $30. LOL WTF

I didn't get my coin. :(

#874 Ashlla  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:45 PM

Is the bundle hard to find? I bought an extra when I went to pick up my preorder, and they still had 5 bundles left for sale.

They are selling well above the 99.99 on Ebay, so they must be

#875 cigaro   Constants and Variables CAGiversary!   926 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:04 PM

Wtf is wrong with people lol 

#876 GreyFoxx2002   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   278 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

GreyFoxx2002

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:38 PM

How long does BB hold reserves for? Probably wont be able to snag this thing till next pay day.

#877 baboonfreak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1244 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

baboonfreak

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:38 PM

depends on your location

#878 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14848 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:10 PM

The Gamecube controller adapters are nowhere to be seen. Has anyone found them anywhere?

They were available on GameStop.com yesterday but not in store.

#879 OldSchoolGaming4Life   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   752 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

OldSchoolGaming4Life

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:45 PM

The shipment from my Best Buy pre-order has been delayed due to severe weather conditions. I just.. I just don't know what to say.

It was shipped on Thursday via UPS Next Day Air Saver, with a scheduled delivery on Friday by end of day, but last night it was delayed.. Just like that.. With no estimate given...

Of course, a screw up just had to happen in some capacity with one of the biggest, if not the biggest release of the year.. Why not? Lol...

#880 littledude702   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   69 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

littledude702

Posted 22 November 2014 - 10:13 PM

My in-store pickup got cancelled. I called and they gave me a $20 giftcard for my troubles. Also probably helped that I was stuck on the phone for an hour before getting bounced around. Hopefully I'll be able to go instore and they will help me piecemeal one together if they have any adapters.

#881 Pojo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   365 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 10:44 PM

I'm trying to understand how Wal-Mart works...you can order there for in-store pickup at a later date, but I can buy as many copies as I want. I have a feeling all of them will be cancelled, or do they know they will be getting more stock in?

Is this regular practice for Wal-Mart?

#882 blackwaltz34   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1335 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

blackwaltz34

Posted 22 November 2014 - 11:00 PM

So best buy has no idea where my villager amiibo is and offered to send me another one to my house for half off and free shipping (and obviously refund my lost one).

#883 CAGkrazy   Yeah Boi! CAGiversary!   2670 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

CAGkrazy

Posted 22 November 2014 - 11:25 PM

Wow! Feel bad for those that preorder for instore pickup and got burned. I always preorder instore through their kiosk. It registers to their store itself. Im bot sure how online>instore pickup work but feels like allotments are screwed by doing that.

#884 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10209 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 11:45 PM

Wow! Feel bad for those that preorder for instore pickup and got burned. I always preorder instore through their kiosk. It registers to their store itself. Im bot sure how online>instore pickup work but feels like allotments are screwed by doing that.

Didn't they have problems like this before? I think they've gotten a lot better but I don't think they realized how big Smash Bros really is.

#885 soonersfan60   Longing for retro CAG... CAGiversary!   4448 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

soonersfan60

Posted 23 November 2014 - 12:05 AM

Yes, I figured the in-store pre-order was almost fool-proof... :-(

#886 TheGlow   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   224 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2014 - 12:43 AM

Yes, I figured the in-store pre-order was almost fool-proof... :-(

Fool-proof, not bestbuy-proof.

#887 thedrizzle4   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   30 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

thedrizzle4

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:50 AM

I didnt think those bundles would sell out completely in a couple of hours. Not just at best buy but at every store that carried them. Does any one know when best buy or even gamestop might receive more in? Im hoping to get one by next weekend.

#888 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7720 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:52 AM

I didnt think those bundles would sell out completely in a couple of hours. Not just at best buy but at every store that carried them. Does any one know when best buy or even gamestop might receive more in? Im hoping to get one by next weekend.

Only thing we have heard is that maybe Tuesday they will get more in. I will be checking after work then myself.

#889 HydroX   Quintessential Studmuffin CAGiversary!   7240 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2014 - 02:52 AM

Guess I shouldn't have cancelled my pre-order. Whoops.

#890 Rudybegga   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   439 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2014 - 03:36 AM

which ones are exclusive?

Gamestop: Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles

Toys R Us: Lucario from Pokemon

Best Buy: Metaknight from Pokemon

Target: (Rumor) Rosalina from Super Mario Galaxy

Amazon: ?

Walmart: ?  (Rumor has it Amazon and Walmart are getting exclusives as well)

I think they're coming out in February 2015.  As part of the 3rd wave of Figurines.

As far as why someone would want to buy or collect Amiibos.  I'd like to collect them because 10 bucks is around what an action figure would be worth without any kind of additional functionality.  They just look neat on the shelf.  If you're not a fan of Nintendo characters or shelf adornments, they're not for you.

If you like additional (albeit small) content added to games, the announced content leaves something to be desired.  However, I feel like if they make Amiibos a priority, they can create some really great content based around them.

I've mentioned an example before that I'd like to see.  Use a Tingle Amiibo in Nintendo Land to play as Tingle in Balloon Trip Breeze.

Or you could use the Villager in Mario Kart and have the Animal Crossing Village as a playable stage or something.  Or the Wii Fit Trainer and your character could have a custom yoga outfit or something.

These aren't great examples, but with a small amount of effort from programmers, Nintendo could make a lot more money off of these figures with the incentive of DLC like extras that they could provide....

#891 Gamestop Clerk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   178 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Gamestop Clerk

Posted 23 November 2014 - 03:39 AM

I was able to score an adapter at a Best Buy today... They had 8 SB bundles in stock and supposedly they were pre ordered. It was kinda shady the whole way they handled it tho.

#892 unluckynumber11   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   276 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

unluckynumber11

Posted 23 November 2014 - 05:17 AM

So I take it this is more of a low stock first run kinda deal rather than they sold all of them that they are making right?

#893 scblueeyedguy   Future Gadget Laboratory Technician CAGiversary!   2739 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

scblueeyedguy

Posted 23 November 2014 - 05:41 AM

So I take it this is more of a low stock first run kinda deal rather than they sold all of them that they are making right?

Why would they make more? Game is $60, GC Adapter is $20, and GC controller is $30. This bundle saves $10. After the first wave, most people at least bought the game by itself if they couldn't find the bundle. Plus some people probably wanted the theme GC controllers more. I think this was one and done deal. They might have a few more they can make (clear out extra boxes), but they don't want these sitting on the shelves.

#894 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   7069 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:36 AM

Didn't they have problems like this before? I think they've gotten a lot better but I don't think they realized how big Smash Bros really is.

Their issue is normally w/ Japanese titles.  They'll have the item available for order via the kiosk and then tell people on release day that they wont be sending them and that its online only so they should cancel their in-store pre-orders.

According to their forum CS, they should be fulfilling all kiosk pre-orders for Persona Q on Tuesday, so fingers crossed.

#895 DetectiveConanA113  

DetectiveConanA113

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:47 AM

According to their forum CS, they should be fulfilling all kiosk pre-orders for Persona Q on Tuesday, so fingers crossed.

Persona's not out yet? Swear I just saw a few copies at my local best buy today.
(Don't all go crazy looking for it out there, my best buy is a mess)

#896 Oscar Explosion   Awesometastic! CAGiversary!   128 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Oscar Explosion

Posted 23 November 2014 - 04:57 PM

Persona's not out yet? Swear I just saw a few copies at my local best buy today.
(Don't all go crazy looking for it out there, my best buy is a mess)

It comes out on Tuesday

#897 roguejedi5   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1566 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

roguejedi5

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:16 AM

I guess i should have preorder the Smash bundle, it would have made a nice xmas gift.  Now it seems it is so hard to find.

#898 baboonfreak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1244 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

baboonfreak

Posted 24 November 2014 - 05:22 AM

Super Smash Bros Bundle currently in stock at Walmart

http://www.walmart.com/ip/40497701

and why was this thread moved to graveyard? it's going to be in and out of stock

#899 Rockefellow  

Rockefellow

Posted 24 November 2014 - 03:37 PM

Super Smash Bros Bundle currently in stock at Walmart
http://www.walmart.com/ip/40497701
and why was this thread moved to graveyard? it's going to be in and out of stock

I believe that Wal-Mart has been flipping between saying "in stock" and "pick up in store" for a couple days now. If you go through with it and end up at the checkout, you'll find it isn't actually available.

#900 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7720 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2014 - 03:55 PM

Ugh. I am still kicking myself for never preordering this. There was no real reason I didn't.

Ugh. Ugh.

I have been checking Best Buy's site regularly just in case it randomly flips to available. I am really hoping they have some in tomorrow. Has anyone heard anything more about the availability of this at Best Buy this week?

(now that this is moved to the graveyard I doubt anyone will know)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Smash bros wii u