* * * * * 3 votes

Batman: Arkham Origins(PS3/360) w/ Free Season Pass $19.99 @ GS (In-Store)

#1 Geco17   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2409 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:22 AM

I don't know if it is YMMV or not, but saw this up in-store today, and got it. I was told it was part of their new marketing material, so it might be good everywhere. Might be a good deal for anyone who is waiting for an Ultimate Edition of sorts. It is good for both PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game.

EDIT:

This is for a new copy, and the season pass automatically printed on the receipt.

337782.png

#2 pittsnoggle   Acting Lord CAGiversary!   2363 Posts   Joined 1.7 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:23 AM

this is very interesting. is can anyone tell me if the dlc is any good? with arkham knight being delayed i might grab this

690810.png

#3 JakeM17   Semper Fi CAGiversary!   729 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:37 AM

Thanks, i'm heading to GS tomorrow anyways so i'll check it out. 

#4 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   10961 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:40 AM

season passes.are evil period lol. at least deals like this make them easier to accept
Currently playing
:ps4: fez, strider, blacklight retribution, the transistor

games recently beaten: :ps4: assassins creed black flag, wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light

690739.png

#5 EldritchOnRye  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:42 AM

Sigh, just bought the game on PSN today too.  If it's a physical copy I suppose I can use the $5 coupon on it and get both for $15, keep the pass and sell the game.  Did they mention if it was new or used?

3ds120.gif Tales of the Abyss :mrgreen:   :pc: ESO   :wiiu: TBD :vita: TBD

:xb1: TBD  :ps4: TBD  :360: TBD   :ps3: TBD

Finished Games 2015: 31 - Recently Completed: :3ds: Picross 3D :hot:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#6 Dr0p119   Chief Red Thunder CAGiversary!   1239 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:43 AM

Complete edition soon, whether NA gets it is a mystery to me.

At first I wanted it but I'll probably be better off to not tarnish my good memory of the series while we await the release of arkham knight.

#7 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   10961 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:55 AM

you get the season pass on the recipt right ? cant you just buy the game,, keep the pass and return it ?
Currently playing

games recently beaten: :ps4: assassins creed black flag, wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light

690739.png

#8 Corgstradamus  

Corgstradamus

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:01 AM

Sigh, just bought the game on PSN today too.  If it's a physical copy I suppose I can use the $5 coupon on it and get both for $15, keep the pass and sell the game.  Did they mention if it was new or used?

The cons of digital. Things like this may be few and far between, but I am holding off on going digital for as long as I can. At least it was on sale.

Have Backlog issues? Need support? Come check out  The CAG Backlog Support Group

#9 plus1zero   Why did the chicken cross the road? To join the ACC. CAGiversary!   4704 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:02 AM

At first I wanted it but I'll probably be better off to not tarnish my good memory of the series while we await the release of arkham knight.

Still an 8/10. And even decent batman is still batman, which is great. The story is awesome too.

#10 EldritchOnRye  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:02 AM

The cons of digital. Things like this may be few and far between, but I am holding off on going digital for as long as I can. At least it was on sale.

Yeah but if it's a new sealed copy and I pay $15 I'll at worst break even on selling a sealed copy or be under $5 for the season pass which is acceptable.

Too bad the 50% bonus is over, would trade back for almost $13.

Trade List

#11 Corgstradamus  

Corgstradamus

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:06 AM

Yeah but if it's a new sealed copy and I pay $15 I'll at worst break even on selling a sealed copy or be under $5 for the season pass which is acceptable.

TIV is $9 at BB right now too.

Have Backlog issues? Need support? Come check out  The CAG Backlog Support Group

#12 Dr0p119   Chief Red Thunder CAGiversary!   1239 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:09 AM

It comes back the last week of August with a summer sale coupon lol.

#13 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:25 AM

also the complete arkham collection with all three games together might release to if this European amazon listing is any indication http://www.amazon.de..._sbs_2?pi=SS115

#14 Kev Cypunk   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   249 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Kev Cypunk

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:30 AM

you get the season pass on the recipt right ? cant you just buy the game,, keep the pass and return it ?

I'd be willing to do this, but I don't want to risk it since I already own the game. Can anyone confirm if this is possible?

#15 Ravenduo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   76 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Ravenduo

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:54 AM

So did they ever fix the bug that deletes your save games for this game?

#16 Corgstradamus  

Corgstradamus

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:18 AM

So did they ever fix the bug that deletes your save games for this game?

Nope. They developers came out and said they weren't going to patch a lot of the problems. I believe there were some patches, but according to this www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/02/no-fixes-are-coming-for-batman-arkham-origins/ they weren't going to fix some of the game breaking stuff.

#17 detectiveconan16   Batbutt. So Jealous. CAGiversary!   5616 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:25 AM

That's why I'm holding off on getting the game, even at $22. If there is no GOTY because the developers don't want to patch the game and a PS4 excuse, I'll probably reconsider.

Batsugunner.png

#18 detectiveconan16   Batbutt. So Jealous. CAGiversary!   5616 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:30 AM

also the complete arkham collection with all three games together might release to if this European amazon listing is any indication http://www.amazon.de..._sbs_2?pi=SS115

http://www.ign.com/a...ition-announced

Batsugunner.png

#19 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10156 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:29 AM

I waits for Complete Edition for $15 or less.  Already owned wii u version no rush getting PS3 or 360 version for cheap ;)

"Evil is Funs"

#20 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2278 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:11 PM

Is this for used also? I might be interested if I could use a b2g1 with it.

#21 rcerboss  

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:35 PM

I waits for Complete Edition for $15 or less.  Already owned wii u version no rush getting PS3 or 360 version for cheap ;)

FWIW you are missing out on some pretty interesting multiplayer.  I haven't even gotten to the single player game yet, but I've spent some time in the multiplayer and it is fun, there's really nothing out there like it.  

And has the complete version even been confirmed?  Honestly I never thought it was coming, or I probably would've waited too.  Either way, wasn't most of the DLC just skins, with one or two challenge maps and the Mr. Freeze story?  I mean, if I can find a half decent trade-in value for the original I'll make the trade if for no other reason than because I have the complete editions of Asylum/City.  

Then again, the season pass wouldn't unlock Deathstroke would it?  And the Wal-Mart exclusive skins were never released as DLC right?   Fuck, as much as I love WB this DLC crap really pisses me off sometimes.  I mean I'd be buying all these games on Day 1 if not for this bullshit, instead I can't bring myself to pay over $20 for any of their stuff.  

Anyways..... don't get the WiiU version lol.  Even if you ignore the framerate/graphical issues that version is said to have, the multiplayer is worth the money.  I don't think there's another game out there like it when you throw Batman/Robin into the mix.

well i asked whether you stood behind your opinions and you said "Always" so i offered up the same bet that i gave to Fire Thief. You think the price of the xbox one will drop to $300 + 2 games by end of year? Let's put a bet on it.

WHERE'S MY CHILDS PLAY DONATION CONFUCIUS!?

#22 Geco17   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2409 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:52 PM

It's a new copy.

It's on the receipt. And if you really wanted to do that, no one is stopping you.

337782.png

#23 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   4115 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:07 PM

Actually, I heard Gamestop is good about this kind of thing. Because what would stop someone from buying a new release just for the preorder bonus and then returning the game? I've heard people being banned from Gamestop doing just this, though I can't verify it myself.

#24 Royal High Knight   Be the Spiderman CAGiversary!   4847 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Royal High Knight

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:38 PM

I actually thought of doing this, but I just looked up what's included in the season pass. Its just mainly costumes, the mr.freeze dlc (which I heard isn't that great) and then the combat challenge map. Honestly the season pass is just like the game, lackluster.

For anyone that has the game, is the online dead? I never bothered to touch it when I had my copy. Seemed like a stupid decision to include multiplayer.

#25 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   10961 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:56 PM

I actually thought of doing this, but I just looked up what's included in the season pass. Its just mainly costumes, the mr.freeze dlc (which I heard isn't that great) and then the combat challenge map. Honestly the season pass is just like the game, lackluster.

For anyone that has the game, is the online dead? I never bothered to touch it when I had my copy. Seemed like a stupid decision to include multiplayer.

i hate season passes as you are buying them without knowing what content you are getting in the future. its a real crap shoot
Currently playing

690739.png

#26 wingzero16   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   235 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

wingzero16

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:10 PM

one of the challenge maps is free

mister freeze is 10

i got a free dlc from gamefly when i bought it

the other challenge pack is 2 

id rather pay 12 instead of 20 since the dlc only includes 10 skins and mister freeze 

#27 rcerboss  

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:35 PM

No, the multiplayer is not dead (at least not on PSN).  It is pretty fun.

well i asked whether you stood behind your opinions and you said "Always" so i offered up the same bet that i gave to Fire Thief. You think the price of the xbox one will drop to $300 + 2 games by end of year? Let's put a bet on it.

WHERE'S MY CHILDS PLAY DONATION CONFUCIUS!?

#28 ORGAN1ZAT10N_13  

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:13 PM

I wish I had more time to play games. I beat this game in early December and have been meaning to play new game + for the past 8 months. I don't get the hate this game gets. It's fine. People are just pissy because it doesn't have the voice actors from the animated series like the last 2 games.

857971.png

Currently Playing: :xb1: Sunset Overdrive :xb1: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt :xb1: Titanfall

#29 EldritchOnRye  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:28 PM

Has anyone confirmed this is going on elsewhere today?

Trade List

#30 ultramanJ   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   519 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

ultramanJ

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:14 PM

Do you have to beat the campaign to unlock the bonus costumes like in Arkham City?