Dell: $25 gift card with every video game order, 72 hour sale

tearsintherain

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/sna.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~topic=gaming-deals

72 hour sale, $25 gift card with all games bought.  Can order multiple games in a single order, should see a $25 gift card promo underneath each one.  Free shipping.

Couple caveats:

- gift card is usable at dell only

- online you can only apply one gift card to a new order.  If you call in you can use up to 3.

- it takes 10-20 days for them to email you the gift card after the item ships.

- the gift cards expire 90 days after issue

- their prices are usually meh

- they are terrible at shipping pre-orders, you will get them usually a WEEK after release date

Here is the link to see all their games, its not just the ones list on the lander page above

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/category.aspx?c=us&category_id=6488&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

their website is pretty terrible but its Grandpa Dell.  lol at them taking bitcoin though...

I think some of the 3DS, 360, and ps3 games are pretty good deals especially the ones $20-30 like Dishonored GOTY, Mario Kart 7 3DS, most of the Wii U games, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the T&C for the gift card promo:

Receive a $25 Dell PROMO eGift Card with this purchase sent via email in 10-20 days. TERMS & CONDITIONS APPLY**

Limited Time Offer!

Promotional Gift Card Offer: Offer contingent upon purchase of eligible product; Promotional card not valid if eligible product is returned for a refund. If eligible product is returned for a refund after the card has been redeemed, the value of the redeemed card will be deducted from the refund amount. Promotional Gift Card ships separately from purchase and typically arrives in 10-20 days from ship date via email and carries a 90 day expiration (except where prohibited by law). Dell can only accept a limited number of Promo Cards per purchase and funds may not be consolidated with Prepaid or other Promo Cards. Multi-card payment can be requested by phone sales only. Terms and conditions apply. See "http://www.dell.com/giftcard/promoterms"

I ordered wonderful 101 for wii u (never found a $6 toys r us clearance)

also the ps3 dualshock controller has a $15 discount and the $25 gift card applies, but not to the xbox one controller.  dunno about wii u accessories

Lolwat. I put a $19 game in my cart and it qualified for $25 gift card .... so potentially free game? (Assuming you shop at dell...)

Edit: dang, ninja-ed by 2 minutes...

not exactly free, you put down that $7 for something that you never really intended to buy, and when you do redeem that $25 gc you will likely be paying more.  If you use it on something you really want and its not a lot cheaper elsewhere it can be a good deal, but if the Dell price is a lot higher than amazon etc then you may have fallen into Dell's trap!

gift cards are a retailers wet dream since so many go unredeemed

From SD

I didn't review every single option but a few of the notable ones follow, assuming you use the promo card:
Xbox One
Preorder Destiny for Xbox One, $59.99 + $25 promo gift card = $34.99
Preorder Madden NFL '15 for Xbox One, $59.99 + $25 promo gift card = $34.99
Preorder The Elder Scrolls Online for Xbox One, $59.99 + $25 promo gift card = $34.99

Xbox 360
Dishonored Game of the Year Edition for Xbox 360, $24.99 + $25 promo gift card = "free"
Square Enix Dead Island Riptide for Xbox 360, $19.99 + $25 promo gift card = ($5 net gain)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, for Xbox 360, $19.99 + $25 promo gift card = ($5 net gain)
Minecraft for Xbox 360, $19.99 + $25 promo gift card = ($5 net gain)

Playstation 4
Preorder Destiny for PS4, $59.99 + $25 promo gift card = $34.99
Preorder Madden NFL '15 for PS4, $59.99 + $25 promo gift card = $34.99
Preorder Driveclub for PS4, $59.99 + $25 promo gift card = $34.99
Preorder The Elder Scrolls Online for PS4, $59.99 + $25 promo gift card = $34.99

Playstation 3
Preorder Madden NFL '15 for PS3, $59.99 + $25 promo gift card = $34.99
Minecraft for PS3, $19.99 + $25 promo gift card = ($5 net gain)

Nintendo
PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures, for Nintendo 3DS, $19.99 + $25 promo gift card = ($5 net gain)

If you have a Discover card, use their shopping website to gain 10% bonus cash back. Other cash back sites offer 4%.

lol why is PS4 Last of Us still 59.99?

Edit: Apparently it's also not included in the 'ALL GAMES' promo. lol.

Couple caveats:

- they are terrible at shipping pre-orders, you will get them usually a WEEK after release date
Weird I ordered Mario Kart 8 through them because of the same deal and I got it on release day.

Though I wish I waited on using it on Mario Golf if I could have gotten another 25 card but such is life

lol why is PS4 Last of Us still 59.99?

Edit: Apparently it's also not included in the 'ALL GAMES' promo. lol.
I preordered it at that price when they were offering a $25 e-GC a month or two ago, and I contacted a Dell CS rep yesterday about refunding the $10+tax difference since every other retailer is selling the game for $49.99 MSRP. Since the game had shipped, he said he'd process the refund.

I've added a few games to my cart to see if they qualify.  Some did, some didn't.  You'll have a message under the game about the $25 gift card if it is eligible.  Might be able to argue with CS since it says "all games".

Lolwat. I put a $19 game in my cart and it qualified for $25 gift card .... so potentially free game? (Assuming you shop at dell...)

Edit: dang, ninja-ed by 2 minutes...
I was gonna get 3 copies of that 7.99 game and get 3 GCs with my $25 GC but alas, that didn't work. xD

...If there was a single game I wanted, this would be tempting.  As it stands, I'm looking at paying $20 for Minecraft on a system that I don't own it on yet just to get a $25 GC for a site I can't mind another game on it I want.  Dell is out a huge discount, I buy games on deal I don't want/need.

Lose/Lose.

My kids like Minecraft, it turns out. We rented it from RedBox for a day and they are asking to get it again.  As for the $25 gift card, I would probably end up using it to buy Microsoft account funds. Considering it.

Picked up Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon. 

ShopDiscover gives back 10% at Dell, so that kinda covers the tax. 

I was pondering MK8 for the free download game but I have little interest in MK8 or any of the free games they're offering (besides WW, which I already have). 

I was pondering MK8 for the free download game but I have little interest in MK8 or any of the free games they're offering (besides WW, which I already have).
crazy, MK8 is easily one of the most fun games I have played in the past 5 years and I've played almost everything. I love online racing though makes me feel like a kid

I see PS+ subs listed there, but I suppose they don't work?  

Thanks OP, grabbed Bravely Default and Wonderful 101. I'll probably get Tropical Freeze tonight as well, with a $10 off coupon I have at home.

not exactly free, you put down that $7 for something that you never really intended to buy, and when you do redeem that $25 gc you will likely be paying more. If you use it on something you really want and its not a lot cheaper elsewhere it can be a good deal, but if the Dell price is a lot higher than amazon etc then you may have fallen into Dell's trap!

gift cards are a retailers wet dream since so many go unredeemed
Lack of selection does restrict the deal quite a bit. I'll give you that - but I would hardly call it a "trap". It's legit deal, just depends on if you can find the games you want, and then can use the GC on.

No true CAG will let a GC go "unredeemed". :shame:

Would i be able to get two $25 gift cards for buying two games on that list in one order? or would i have to buy them in different orders?

Would i be able to get two $25 gift cards for buying two games on that list in one order? or would i have to buy them in different orders?
I bought six on one order. I sure hope that wasn't stupid. My order indicated a GC under each item, so I assumed it would be fine.

From SD

I didn't review every single option but a few of the notable ones follow, assuming you use the promo card:
Xbox One
Preorder Destiny for Xbox One, $59.99 + $25 promo gift card = $34.99
Preorder Madden NFL '15 for Xbox One, $59.99 + $25 promo gift card = $34.99
Preorder The Elder Scrolls Online for Xbox One, $59.99 + $25 promo gift card = $34.99

Xbox 360
Dishonored Game of the Year Edition for Xbox 360, $24.99 + $25 promo gift card = "free"
Square Enix Dead Island Riptide for Xbox 360, $19.99 + $25 promo gift card = ($5 net gain)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, for Xbox 360, $19.99 + $25 promo gift card = ($5 net gain)
Minecraft for Xbox 360, $19.99 + $25 promo gift card = ($5 net gain)

Playstation 4
Preorder Destiny for PS4, $59.99 + $25 promo gift card = $34.99
Preorder Madden NFL '15 for PS4, $59.99 + $25 promo gift card = $34.99
Preorder Driveclub for PS4, $59.99 + $25 promo gift card = $34.99
Preorder The Elder Scrolls Online for PS4, $59.99 + $25 promo gift card = $34.99

Playstation 3
Preorder Madden NFL '15 for PS3, $59.99 + $25 promo gift card = $34.99
Minecraft for PS3, $19.99 + $25 promo gift card = ($5 net gain)

Nintendo
PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures, for Nintendo 3DS, $19.99 + $25 promo gift card = ($5 net gain)

If you have a Discover card, use their shopping website to gain 10% bonus cash back. Other cash back sites offer 4%.
I hate when people use that line of logic. Getting a gift card with something doesn't negate or lower the price you're paying for the original purchase. In reality, it's more like [insert amount of money] for your original purchase plus an additional amount of money for a discounted item that you had to purchase to justify your first purchase.

"PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures, for Nintendo 3DS, $19.99 + $25 promo gift card = ($5 net gain)"

I love the "net gain" part. At best you can get a decent B1G1 price for two 3DS games, should they stay in stock, and also only if the prices don't change 10 to 20 days down the line. There's no "net gain."

I really shouldn't care though... :wall:

By the way, does anyone know if Dell.com price matches?

Pretty sure they don't price match since TLOU is still $59.99 and the preordering people had issues.

I used my MK8 GC on the PS4 controller charger.  Oh well guess I'm out on this.

I want to get MK7 and Minecraft 360 but not sure wtf I would get with the GC when it arrives seeing how all their stuff is pretty much MSRP.

Just used a $24 Dell Advantage Award that was expiring next week. Pre-ordered Destiny and will receive the $25 gift card.

crazy, MK8 is easily one of the most fun games I have played in the past 5 years and I've played almost everything. I love online racing though makes me feel like a kid
Yeah, I played it at a friend's place for a few hours and I liked the game and MP is damn fun (local, didn't go online) but it's still just Mario Kart for the most part. The only major new thing seems to be the laughably cheap AI in the 150CCs. And I don't really care for all the nostalgic levels (something Nintendo seems to rely way too heavily on these days) but those levels are so much better than the new ones.

Still, I should probably consider it since the MP makes for a great drinking game.

This offer sounds really good but their selection is just far too limited.

Either their selection of games for this deal is horrible or all the good games are out of stock either way looks like I missed out =/

Im still waiting for my 100 dollar GC from buying a PS4, hopefully that comes before this sale is over so i can put it on Destiny and idk maybe Watch_Dogs and get 50 more in GC. Not really sure which second game i should get. But it sucks that i cant use both 25 dollar GC at once on the website. I was thinking of using them both for 50 on a year of PS+.

So if I made 5 different orders,  would I get 5 different gift cards? Is there something wrong with doing that, like will they catch on? I guess what I'm asking is, is this MEANT to be a 1 gift card and done thing or can I milk it?

For those considering Mario Kart 8...to get the free game, you need to register the pin by the end of July (2 days from now).  You will need some fast shipping to happen if you want that free game.

deal is only good if you have a GC already...doing the math, 2 retail PS4 games would cost $95 + tax.  A whopping $1 savings over GCU.  How is that a deal lol...

What's with Dell always offering $25 gift cards? lol...

Has anyone had any problems getting these gift cards in the past or do they usually hand them out on time?

Is there

What's with Dell always offering $25 gift cards? lol...

Has anyone had any problems getting these gift cards in the past or do they usually hand them out on time?
I'm wondering the same thing. And is there a limit on the number of gift cards that you can use in a single transaction?

you can only apply one gift card when you place an order online.  if you call in your order you can use 2, maybe 3 i think (no more than 3 though) and pay any balance with a credit card.

bread's done
Back