Kmart Super Luigi U $24.99 plus $30 in SYWR points YMMV

Liquid Metal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
44 (100%)
Went into Kmart and saw they were offering bonus points for certain game purchases. One of the was Super Luigi U. It had a sticker that said it was on sale for $24.99 and you would get $30 in Shop Your Way Rewards with ts purchase. Limit 2.

It didn't ring up at $24.99 and the points did not get put into my account either. Manager had to manually adjust the price to $25 and then gave me a number to call and tell them to add the points to my account. It took a bit of time but I got the points added.

Good luck to all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that's not really free. You have to spend $25 plus tax in real money to get $30 in Kmart points (which probably expire in 2 weeks).

You can't find $30 worth of anything in kmart? Seriously? Soda? Get $30 in xbox points or nintendo credit or buy some of those cheap $5 games. There is something you can get.

You can't find $30 worth of anything in kmart? Seriously? Soda? Get $30 in xbox points or nintendo credit or buy some of those cheap $5 games. There is something you can get.
I think he is sort of suggesting just adjusting the title to Kmart Luigi U $24.99 + $30 SYWR YMMV. If there is money invested, it is not free. It doesn't matter if you come out with a Gift card, Reward Zone, SYWR or whatever else exists.

Its not free if you have to spend something to get something back (Even if its more than what you spent).

Especially if its at K-Mart.

If you already have the $25 in points at Kmart / Sears, it is free and is effectively paying you $5, since you would go from $25 in points to $30 in points + game.

So it wasn't automatic at either store?  Both had to be done manually but both had signage for it?  Haven't seen anybody else replicate yet.

Too bad the points don't work on things like XBL/PSN/eShop credit or or it would be so much easier to use these points where they're about to expire.

This is incredibily YMMV. Maybe as YMMV as it gets for Kmart.

First, they don't PM. And it's YMMV to get them to PM other stores. Most are good about honoring signage if it hasn't been removed from a prior sale but that would mean you'd A) have to find a location that had the product tagged incorrectly and B) get someone to honor the price.

Second, most anyone you'll find at a Kmart store can NOT add points to your SYWR account. They were talking about giving store level employees the ability to do that but last I knew they had not rolled that out. So you'd have to either get them to give you a gift card, subtract it from the price (good luck getting someone to subtract $30 in points from a $24.99 game) or call the SYWR and beg for them to honor something in which they can't confirm.

For nearly all this will cause more frustration then it'd be worth

Well went to 3 local Kmarts and all had Super Luigi U for $29.99 with no points. How ever I did find one single black Pro Wii U controller marked on clearance for $30. The other two stores had them still at $49.00. Thanks OP!!!

bread's done
Back