Paper Mario Sticker Star, Prof. Layton Miracle Mask $10 @ Gamestop

Wow, those are great prices.  I wish I hadn't bought both of these previously.  I think they are still sitting in the shrink wrap.

Paper Mario is pretty fun I bought it when Best Buy had it on sale last year and I found it to be pretty good. Is Professor Layton any good?

Wow, those are great prices. I wish I hadn't bought both of these previously. I think they are still sitting in the shrink wrap.
exactly I bought miracle mask for $16 several months ago still shrink wrapped also cause I didn't think it would get any lower then $16 guess I was wrong

I really didn't like Sticker Star, though I did manage to slog through it. It took me less than 13 hours, too, no joke (I hear others say it took them quite a few hours more). They really sucked all of the soul out of the series with that game, which should be a crime.

That being said, I may just pick it up with that $5 coupon and gift it to someone.

If anyone here can check in-store for the used prices for the OP's titles since the others seem to have used listings, it would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up, OP.  Might grab Professor Layton for $10 (have been waiting on a drop on that...even though I still haven't finished the Last Specter).

Btw, Spirit Camera is pretty cool for $10, too, as long as you aren't expecting too much as a Fatal Frame fan.  Just make sure you have like surface-of-the-sun level lighting in the room where you play it or the AR gets touchy.

I really didn't like Sticker Star, though I did manage to slog through it. It took me less than 13 hours, too, no joke (I hear others say it took them quite a few hours more). They really sucked all of the soul out of the series with that game, which should be a crime.

That being said, I may just pick it up with that $5 coupon and gift it to someone.
I've been playing the series from its SNES roots all the way through, and I loved this game. Sticker Star simply retains the franchise's penchant for offering something different, as did Thousand-Year Door and Super before it. The game play is fresh, fun, and unique to the series. There's a good story, funny dialogue, memorable characters, and beautiful 3D effects. I spent about the same time exploring the game as you did playing it all the way through, and I have to say that you most likely missed a lot of its charm by blazing through it.

Going into the game with the mindset that it isn't as good as previous titles will obviously take away from your experience. It's not that it isn't as good as Super Paper Mario; it's just different. Definitely a game for open-minded people.

I've been playing the series from its SNES roots all the way through, and I loved this game. Sticker Star simply retains the franchise's penchant for offering something different, as did Thousand-Year Door and Super before it. The game play is fresh, fun, and unique to the series. There's a good story, funny dialogue, memorable characters, and beautiful 3D effects. I spent about the same time exploring the game as you did playing it all the way through, and I have to say that you most likely missed a lot of its charm by blazing through it.

Going into the game with the mindset that it isn't as good as previous titles will obviously take away from your experience. It's not that it isn't as good as Super Paper Mario; it's just different. Definitely a game for open-minded people.
I actually played it soon after it came out and didn't have any expectations going in other than that it was going to have the same level of writing and fun gameplay as the others, which it didn't live up to for me. It's great if you enjoyed it, but the majority opinion seems to be that it lacks much of the charm and witty writing that the older titles (especially the original and Thousand Year Door) had. The battle system was, in my opinion, horribly boring and pointless, to the point where I would go out of my way to avoid battles because there was just no reason for them. In addition, boss battles could be horribly difficult if you didn't know to look for a special hidden sticker in another area beforehand and try using it during the battle, which would then make them as pointlessly easy as the normal battles.

I feel like you can only truly enjoy this game if you haven't played the originals and/or don't want a similar type of experience.

dreamer131313, on 30 Jul 2014 - 1:15 PM, said:
yes when you click hold for instore pickup it will actually show you what the instore price will be
just did this for paper, at that price its worth it to get, to short of a game to pay big money for, not a Layton fan, also for curiosity, got spirit camera for 10 also,

Paper Mario SUCKS!!! It was ridiculously boring, but for $5 it may worth giving it a shot (if you haven't played it). Haven't played any Layton games, but I might get it since they look fun.

I will also agree that paper mario sticker star is terrible. I bought it for $8 when Best Buy was selling them for that price. It wasn't worth it.

Thanks OP, I'm going to get both of these after I get back from work. 

Got Layton 5: MM around Christmas. Maybe I'm the only one who bought the 3DS just to play the 3 Layton games on it; don't worry, I've still a backlog of 3DS games to play...Had Paper Mario at a point but returned it before opening it. Maybe I'll give it a go now...or maybe just hold onto it until it's discontinued by Nintendo and you know what that means...

Could a seven year old handle Prof. Layton?
maybe but probably not at a level where they'd enjoy it. I've immensely enjoyed helping my now 10 year old son with the tougher puzzles. He tried starting playing them earlier never really got into them until this last year. I think he's finished all of them except Last Specter this summer.

Sticker star isn't terrible but it's not amazing. It's adorable and charming with it's moments but it's extremely repetitive. I paid like $7 or whatever the BBY DotD price was a while back and it was worth that. So for $5 with the Kong coupon it is worth it.

Same here. Wish it were Prof Layton Last Specter as I still need that one.
Yeah, me too.

bread's done
Back