$25 statement credit for $25+ purchase w/citi wallet & citi bank mastercard newegg tiger direct rakuten

srac84

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
if you have a citi bank card which has to be a MASTERCARD goto the link below log in with your usual citi bank info and link your card

www.citi.com/citiwallet

then go to either newegg, tiger direct, or rakuten ...there are other sites but those are the only 3 with video game related stuff and add something to your cart for 25 buck and check out with "master pass" choose citi wallet on the next page, log in with your info and complete check out..you would receive a one time $25 dollar statement credit within 2 billing cycles..

my wife and i both have citi cards, soooo i used 1 for newegg to get a email delivered 25 dollar xbox card for free technically, and thennn rakuten has xbox one controller on sale for 45 so they essentially will be 20 dollars each, other good deals are battlefield 4 for xbox one for 2.99 (its currently 27.99 on rakuten but with the $25 dollar statement credit it will become 2.99)

sorry if this is confusing but i am sleepy haha..too much studying for board exams :(

oh and it only works once for your first purchase per citi wallet account.. and expires 9/14/14

Last edited by a moderator:
This is confusing, but not through your fault.  The underlying deal is confusing.  A virtual wallet within a virtual wallet?  It's-- no, I won't say it.

Sounds like the deal is worth the trouble, though.  Thanks.

Thanks OP. Happened to have an old Citi Mastercard sitting on my desk that I'd forgotten about and never use anymore.

Got the $25 Xbox code. Waiting on the email from Newegg.

Says it has to be a MasterCard branded Citi card. Mine is a Visa. Bummer.
What cards are eligible for Citi Wallet?

Right now you can use Citi Wallet with any Citi branded consumer credit card, including Visa, MasterCard and American Express.

What cards are eligible for Citi Wallet?

Right now you can use Citi Wallet with any Citi branded consumer credit card, including Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
*You will receive a one time statement credit after you make your first purchase of $25 or more and checkout using Citi Wallet with a Citi branded consumer MasterCard by 09/14/14.

EDIT: Thanks for sharing OP, but my Citi card happens to be a Visa, myabe you can edit the title?

I was able to redeem this twice, so thank you OP.

I got two Zeevex cards, which can be redeemed for Sony Entertainment Network among others.

Haha not gonna turn this into a fan boy war but I have both ..of course I like my ps4 better but I'm currently playing ryse on Xbox one and I love it, it's like I'm in a movie haha like gladiator or something :D

it wont let me check out with masterpass on newegg pre-orders but the purchase has to be made by 9/14, i assume if you wait for destiny to release on 9/9, you should still be credited with the $25

Anything worth buying for Pc?

On sd they said it cant be Debit :(

I got two Zeevex cards, which can be redeemed for Sony Entertainment Network or Steam credit, among others, for those with better taste than Xbox. :twoguns:
I dont see steam credit on zeevex

It used to be, but I don't see it anymore.  I'll edit the above post as not to misinform anyone.

edit: I suppose you could get GameStop credit and then turn that into Steam credit, if you want to make the process even more complicated.

Thanks OP. Happened to have an old Citi Mastercard sitting on my desk that I'd forgotten about and never use anymore.

Got the $25 Xbox code. Waiting on the email from Newegg.
Did you add a filler? Mine came to $24.99 so I added a $3 HDMI right angle adapter (which I can kinda, sorta use).

Hmm, weird. Tried it with newegg, but it doesn't seem it takes MasterPass (yet)?

Will try redeeming with Destiny and let you guys know. 

Hmm, my main Citi MasterCard doesn't show up on the Citi Wallet site under "Your Citi Credit Cards" but a different one I have does.

Beware.  Did a newegg order for a 20 psn and 10 xbla.  Newegg split it into two separate orders.  Then they voided the 10 xbla.  So I'm probably screwed out of this deal.....

I got two Zeevex cards, which can be redeemed for Sony Entertainment Network among others.
Thanks for the Zeevex heads up. Probably going for $25 Gamestop card and combining it with those Kongregate coupons for super savings.

Ya my newegg order got cancelled I called citi they said don't worry it'll work if I place another order I placed an order chatted with newegg and they made sure it was verified so worst case I have a note on my citi account .. but of course it is a hassle :p that I probably have to call again to get it credited ..

Ya my newegg order got cancelled I called citi they said don't worry it'll work if I place another order I placed an order chatted with newegg and they made sure it was verified so worst case I have a note on my citi account .. but of course it is a hassle :p that I probably have to call again to get it credited ..
Thanks, I may do the same.

It used to be, but I don't see it anymore. I'll edit the above post as not to misinform anyone.

edit: I suppose you could get GameStop credit and then turn that into Steam credit, if you want to make the process even more complicated.
Is there a gamestop gift card anywhere? I found all the gift cards in newegg, but found playstation and xbox cards.

be warned: citibank is being a bit slimey and added a * clause on the page stating the offer is only good for the first 4000 redemptions, so its a big ymmv on whether you will get this or not.  almost certainly not if you try now

way to fail, shittybank

be warned: citibank is being a bit slimey and added a * clause on the page stating the offer is only good for the first 4000 redemptions, so its a big ymmv on whether you will get this or not. almost certainly not if you try now

way to fail, shittybank
In for $25 newegg card for 26.99 (stupid shipping since you cant check out with wallet for email code).

Anyways since there is no way of us really knowing how many people did this offer citibank could just tell everyone that they are all redeemed.

be warned: citibank is being a bit slimey and added a * clause on the page stating the offer is only good for the first 4000 redemptions, so its a big ymmv on whether you will get this or not. almost certainly not if you try now

way to fail, shittybank
wow what a fail, im glad i revisited this thread again

In for $25 newegg card for 26.99 (stupid shipping since you cant check out with wallet for email code).

Anyways since there is no way of us really knowing how many people did this offer citibank could just tell everyone that they are all redeemed.
I actually ended up doing the same.

Now to see if Citi screwed me over or not.

way to fail, shittybank
wow. shady as f**k.

Did you add a filler? Mine came to $24.99 so I added a $3 HDMI right angle adapter (which I can kinda, sorta use).
I bought the emailed XBL code which was precisely $25, not $24.99 (which I think was for a physical mailed card). Haven't checked but hopefully it will work.

Took a couple hours for Citi MasterCard to verify but once it did everything went through.

I bought the emailed XBL code which was precisely $25, not $24.99 (which I think was for a physical mailed card). Haven't checked but hopefully it will work.

Took a couple hours for Citi MasterCard to verify but once it did everything went through.
Everything went through as in? Did you get anything back from citi yet? Just curious.

Thanks in advance

way to fail, shittybank
If they don't honor all the orders made before the first 4,000 disclaimer was added, they will get bitched at by a lot of people!

DOH! Was it really that easy...can't believe I didn't see the emailed XBL code

/smh

Just checked my balance ... Citi did not give me the $25 statement credit despite placing the order before they introduced the limit of 4000. Going to call and cancel the card outright. Don't need to deal with crappy banks like this, and I have more than enough credit cards already.

Just checked my balance ... Citi did not give me the $25 statement credit despite placing the order before they introduced the limit of 4000. Going to call and cancel the card outright. Don't need to deal with crappy banks like this, and I have more than enough credit cards already.
has it been 2 full billing cycles for you? that was mentioned in the deal.

I just got my credit this week.  Didn't think it would come through, but it did.  Did mine before the put the 4000 limit.  Looks like my copy of PvZ Garden Warfare did end up free after all :)

bread's done
Back