- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (8/31 to 9/6)

Best Buy weekly ad gcu labor day promo

#121 Gdogg   Scarlett Johansson's future ex-husband CAGiversary!   517 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:13 PM

If my CS is willing is it possible I could use multiple reservation cards with Destiny. I have a lot for one system from that deal several weeks ago.

Negative, its one pre-order card per game.    We would have all bought 12 preorder cards if we could have applied them to one game ($5x12=$60)

If you meant more than one game then my bad, yes you can buy 3 games with 3 cards etc

#122 Gdogg   Scarlett Johansson's future ex-husband CAGiversary!   517 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:19 PM

Just got back from target, interesting promo this time around!

I traded in one game worth over 5 and got my coupon.

The thing I found interesting was that before the trades start, there are two bonus options to choose from.   One just for the bonus coupon, and one for the $20 games plus the coupon.    I had assumed that the games listed as getting $20 would actually be listed as worth $20 in the TIV calculator website.   But after seeing this on the trade in kiosk, I looked on my phone and sure enough, the $20 promo games are listed significantly lower values on the website.    

SO..... If you are looking up your values beforehand, keep this in mind!    The promo games won't be $20 until they activate the promo at the trade in register.

#123 nviz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   199 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:20 PM

If I can, I would like to add an addendum. The LG G Watch is on sale for $179.99 at Best Buy, which would work well with Tablets or Smartphones with apps like Smartglass and what not. It's open source and using a launcher helps with apps. It might seem irrelevant to many posters, but I thought I would like to help people out with a nifty sale.  

#124 EveningNewbs   ! CAGiversary!   495 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

EveningNewbs

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:59 AM

If I can, I would like to add an addendum. The LG G Watch is on sale for $179.99 at Best Buy, which would work well with Tablets or Smartphones with apps like Smartglass and what not. It's open source and using a launcher helps with apps. It might seem irrelevant to many posters, but I thought I would like to help people out with a nifty sale.

That's because nobody will want it once the Moto 360 drops.

#125 RyanAlucard   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   48 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

RyanAlucard

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:58 PM

Does target allow you to trade in multiples of the same game? I've read the thread but have seen nothing about it.

#126 poorgamer01  

poorgamer01

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:07 PM

Does target allow you to trade in multiples of the same game? I've read the thread but have seen nothing about it.

Not at the same time...system doesn't allow it.

#127 RyanAlucard   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   48 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

RyanAlucard

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:15 PM

Not at the same time...system doesn't allow it.

So once per visit? Or you can goto multiple targets and trade in, correct? Thanks for the reply dude.

#128 poorgamer01  

poorgamer01

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:41 PM

Not sure if you can go the same day to a different one or not and still make another trade, all I know is that when I tried to do 2 of the same game in one transaction, the system blocked it. I did go to another target a few days after and it let me do the trade. In the same game, I'm thinking that if the employee is willing to try, it might go through if he does the trade in a different transaction.

#129 jrec15  

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:48 PM

Can someone please confirm whether or not the destiny deal is dead for COD ghosts for 360? Im at Target now. They couldn't find it in the trade in list anymore and im pissed because the site says guaranteed $20.

Edit: Pretty sure it's either dead or wasn't ever totally eligible in the first place. Same goes for other games listed in the promotion but not in the trafe in catalog. Screw you target don't call it a "Guaranteed $20"

#130 dorkyden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   838 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:38 AM

Can someone please confirm whether or not the destiny deal is dead for COD ghosts for 360? Im at Target now. They couldn't find it in the trade in list anymore and im pissed because the site says guaranteed $20.

Edit: Pretty sure it's either dead or wasn't ever totally eligible in the first place. Same goes for other games listed in the promotion but not in the trafe in catalog. Screw you target don't call it a "Guaranteed $20"

how are they trying to search for it? the easiest way is to scan the barcode, or search by "ghosts". I have met a few CSRs that tried to browse thru the games to find them and it took forever. i wont be surprised its a human error

#131 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2380 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:49 AM

There are 2 tabs in the beginning. They must select the first one only. The tab says 20% off and a guaranteed $20 Title. The other tab is for the other titles.

#132 m0therbrain  

m0therbrain

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:58 PM

kmart SYWR 9/2 and online only... $5 off $50 use code LABORDAY5OFF50

#133 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6323 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:15 PM

Do I have to pre-order madden for the 50% or can it be Destiny or something?

Also, do I have to buy the game when it comes out or do I just get credit for it?

#134 LoveDragonDon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   693 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

LoveDragonDon

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:51 PM

Yeah I think I will pass on Sims 4 CE for now... I don't think the contents are really all that.

#135 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6323 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:18 PM

When does the destiny trade in bonus end? And is it only for Destiny?

#136 jrec15  

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:49 AM

how are they trying to search for it? the easiest way is to scan the barcode, or search by "ghosts". I have met a few CSRs that tried to browse thru the games to find them and it took forever. i wont be surprised its a human error

She scanned by barcode. Ghosts for 360 happened to be legitimately out of the trade catalogue for a 8-hour window or so when i went (couldn't see it looking it up myself either). It is now back up (for now).

#137 jr233270   Esquire CAGiversary!   2779 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:22 PM

I have to buy a Wii U tomorrow for my brother and I'm looking for the best deal available. He's insisting on the premium model (I don't blame him) and he wants Mario 3D World and Mario Kart. Amy bundles available to minimize cost?

#138 tearsintherain  

tearsintherain

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:33 PM

walmart will be selling an exclusive MK8 bundle next-next week for $299 that includes MK8 and Nintendoland

http://www.cheapassg...art-ad-914-920/

WpIuCgJ.jpg

#139 jr233270   Esquire CAGiversary!   2779 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 05:23 PM

walmart will be selling an exclusive MK8 bundle next-next week for $299 that includes MK8 and Nintendoland
http://www.cheapassg...art-ad-914-920/

WpIuCgJ.jpg

Unfortunately, I can't wait until then. Its a gift for my brother for him being my best man at my wedding and that releases after the wedding. Any promotions with 3D World that you know of? I could just pick him up a copy of Mario Kart too.

#140 ghost1914  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 06:39 PM

Unfortunately, I can't wait until then. Its a gift for my brother for him being my best man at my wedding and that releases after the wedding. Any promotions with 3D World that you know of? I could just pick him up a copy of Mario Kart too.

I'm sure he would understand waiting a little for it and man that's a super expensive gift lol. My best man got a travel bag with his initials engraved from some wedding site.

#141 tearsintherain  

tearsintherain

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:47 PM

Best Buy has a 3D World and NL bundle that will be available 9/15, you can go in store preorder it pay full money (get a 10% movers coupon if you want) and have it shipped to him

http://www.bestbuy.c...8&st=categoryid$pcmcat274600050016&cp=1&lp=3&ref=199

I'd also recommend buying $60 or $100 or Nintendo gift cards and handing that over as well and letting him buy MK8 digitally, get back a few bucks with the DDP Wii u promo and don't have to have extra discs.  

#142 JW1023   The Cookie Monster! CAGiversary!   223 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:33 PM

So Target is the best place to go if you have a copy of COD:Ghosts and only want to buy a single copy of Destiny, right?

The X1 with a free game is super enticing though. Haven't made the jump to next-gen yet, but I'm strongly thinking about it.

#143 tearsintherain  

tearsintherain

Posted 06 September 2014 - 04:12 PM

Destiny on next gen is way better, if you can drop $400 I say go for it.  Best Buy xbox bundle is the best deal imo if you buy a few games a year, free GCU is worth $120 (20% discount on all games for 2 years) and you also can choose Destiny as your free game I believe.  Get Madden bundle, sell off Madden if you don't want it, get Destiny, get GCU, and use 10% USPS movers coupon if you can.

Also I think the free GCU is with PS4 bundles so you can buy the PS4 destiny bundle and get free GCU, but no free extra game (thats xbox one promo next week).  PS4 is a slightly superior console but the difference is honestly tiny.

Best Buy is also doing 50% trade in bonus starting sunday so probably will get higher than Target value there but ymmv.