Hyrule Warriors Direct

shaggy16

CAGiversary!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_DZtTR3zu0

Nintendo just posted the Hyrule Warriors Direct to YouTube. The game comes out September 26 in North America.

I'm a huge Zelda fan, but I've never played a Warriors game, and I'm not a big fan of "hack and slash" games. When it was first announced, I figured it would be the type of game I'd buy once it hit the clearance bins. The E3 presentation and live streams convinced me to pre-order when Best Buy Canada offered 30% off on games shown at E3. This Nintendo Direct sold me.  I won't spoil it, but they revealed a few things that I think will appeal to Zelda fans that were on the fence about this one.

Any other Zelda fans getting this?

I will probably pick this one up day one.  The hard part will be which DLC to get with which retailer....decisions decisions....

I'm reading no online co-op for this game. If true, My day one buy goes to "wait until $29.99 (or less)". :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I know anyone that plays online co-op for this game, so I think it was good decision for them to not include this mode for more single player modes.

It was a good decision to not include a mode based off you not knowing anyone that would play said mode ..... lel

I'm sorry but I'm going to call out all of you people that said that you were going to buy this game if it had online coop; you weren't going to buy this game anyways.  

It's getting pretty crappy with all the special/limited editions not coming ot the US.

The treasure box with Link Between Worlds.

The Blue Shell Mario Kart was only released at one single store in NYC.

Now the special editions of Hyrule Warriors are only Japan and Europe.

Add that to the digital only direction of Club Nintendo and I'm pretty disappointed. Hoping eventually there is a way to get the WiiU region free. Some of the best games for my Wii were imports (Fatal Frame, Taiko Drum Master, etc.).

I am very excited for this game.

Just how different it is from the normal Dynasty Warriors yet still keeping the core elements of Dynasty Warriors. Day One for me easily. Anyone got a list of retailer exclusive DLC aka what retailers have what?

Then the jokes on you.
You can play by yourself 100% of the time, but you can't always find someone else to play with. If I were a developer this would be the first feature for me to cut also for a single player game.

This is definitely not a game I would coop online with random people. I've played the Warriors series since DW2 and I've played online coop(when it's available) 0 times. Hot-seat coop I've played many, many times with friends.

Koei/Nintendo probably figured that the majority of the people would not play this title online from past statistics of the 'Warrior' games.

I have friends I could have played it online with.

I of course wouldnt have been playing online 100% of the time, but it's far better for the option to be there than not.

Nintendo has no idea how to capitalize on online multiplayer anyway. Mario Kart 8 was a huge step forward for them. I hope that with it being a fairly large success, they will decide to add it to more of their first party games. There's only so many more iterations I can play of my classic retrofests, even in HD.

Most Wii U games that should have online multiplayer/co-op, do not. It's really a mind boggling thing. Someone else said in the CN thread that Nintendo is both greedy and stupid, and they couldn't have hit that nail on the head any better than that.

Most Wii U games that should have online multiplayer/co-op, do not. It's really a mind boggling thing. Someone else said in the CN thread that Nintendo is both greedy and stupid, and they couldn't have hit that nail on the head any better than that.
You mean like how Sonic Lost World has online on 3ds but not the Wii U?

Doesn't get more mind boggling than that.

I have friends I could have played it online with.

I of course would have been playing online 100% of the time, but it's far better for the option to be there than not.
I also have friends I could have played WiiU games online with, except they're too busy posting on the forums about how they won't buy any WiiU game without online coop and they don't even have a WiiU system and they don't plan on buying one anytime soon.

I also have friends I could have played WiiU games online with, except they're too busy posting on the forums about how they won't buy any WiiU game without online coop and they don't even have a WiiU system and they don't plan on buying one anytime soon.
So you don't have any friends to play with.

Don't worry. I'll play Hyrule Warriors online with you.

Oh wait...

I am very excited for this game.

Just how different it is from the normal Dynasty Warriors yet still keeping the core elements of Dynasty Warriors. Day One for me easily. Anyone got a list of retailer exclusive DLC aka what retailers have what?
Updated August 8, 2014 2:57 PM

Amazon.ca has the Twilight Princess costumes. http://www.amazon.ca/Nintendo-of-Canada-E3HyruleWarriors-Warriors/

GameStop has the Ocarina Of Time costumes http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/hyrule-warriors/

EB Canada also lists the Ocarina Of Time Costumers http://www.ebgames.ca/nintendo-wii-u/games/zelda-hyrule-warriors-with-exclusive-bonus/

That sucks... I hope we can at least buy them all at some point. Not sure how to decide which pre-order to go with, so now I'll probably wait a bit.

So you don't have any friends to play with.

Don't worry. I'll play Hyrule Warriors online with you.

Oh wait...
I actually hate playing these types of games coop with a friend because half the time they're looking at the map trying to figure out where to go, and by the time they're aware I've already killed all the generals other than the last one.

That sucks... I hope we can at least buy them all at some point. Not sure how to decide which pre-order to go with, so now I'll probably wait a bit.
I can almost guarantee that these will be available to everyone at some point, and may even be free.

Well, I've been thinking that if these pre-sale bonuses are all just download codes anyway, I'm sure there will be some for sale at cheap prices, too.

Retailer-exclusive DLC in my Wii U games now?! Damn it, Nintendo. I thought you were better than this. :wall:

Unless these "exclusives" make it to the eShop later, I'm skipping Hyrule Warriors.

Retailer-exclusive DLC in my Wii U games now?! Damn it, Nintendo. I thought you were better than this. :wall:

Unless these "exclusives" make it to the eShop later, I'm skipping Hyrule Warriors.
I agree completely. I had been debating a pre-order when K-Mart still had the $20 in points with pre-order deal but I'm thinking this is a wait until it hits $20 or so game. Will see how the reviews look but I have enough games to play now as it is and of the games being released this year, I think I'm actually now more interested in Captain Toad and Bayonetta 2.

Gonna wait on reviews for this one.

I've never been able to play a DW game.  But, I did like Heavenly Sword (if that's similar?). 

That exclusive retailer DLC frustrates me though.

This looks good.

Which is to say it's not a real Zelda title, and it's not worth $60, but it still looks like good fun.

Club Nintendo has an offer going where if you register the game within the first month you get Ganondorf's Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time's DLC costumes for free.

After seeing more footage of this game, I'm sold. I won't get it at release because it's not a good time for me to be spending $60 on a single player Wii U game, but the game looks very fun. I love Zelda. Haven't played the DW series, but I enjoy beat-em-up style games.

Anybody else pick this up? I already sold off my best buy preorder costumes for $25 and bought the season pass. It's crazy how people are paying so much for two alternate costumes that will be released to everyone later on.

I realize this is the wrong place to ask, but if someone wants to trade me the Skyward Sword costumes for the Ocarina of Time costumes, shoot me a PM.

I must admit, playing this game, it oddly works. Putting Zelda in the Warriors style of game is quite refreshing.

Although I do not appreciate the game updating once, entering the game and then in game saying I need to update again. It's not that I need to download two updates, it just I have to exit the game, update...

I hope they make more Hyrule Warrior games!
And also the guy who was in charge of making this one said he would like to make a Mushroom Kindom Warriors. At first I thought it was a terrible idea, now I really want to see what they could do with it.

It depends on the balance between Koei and Miyamoto. Koei wanted to make a more traditional Zelda game with Dynasty Warriors-style fighting but Miyamoto wanted the game to be a typical DW game with Zelda skins.

I've been really enjoying the game.  I've basically been playing the Legend mode while playing the game on TV, and then doing the Adventure mode on the gamepad while watching movies/tv shows. 

This game is surprisingly addicting. More so than I thought since I have trouble getting into Dynasty Warriors.

Beat Legend Mode on normal. I think I'll continue to try and unlock stuff.

EDIT: If anybody wants to add me for a chance to Network Link in Adventure Mode, my Wii ID is the same as my forum name.

I knew I'd enjoy this game based on the fan service alone, but I'm very pleasantly surprised how fun the game is. It's not nearly as "mindless" as even fans of the game let on. 

Did anyone buy the Prima hardcover guide? I don't use guides to help with the games, but I bought the Zelda box set, and I'm considering this one. I'm wondering if the quality is similar and if the production art and coverage is worthwhile.

bread's done
Back