Dualshock 4 for PS4 on sale for $44.99 FS, Xbox One controller for $44.99 also at Rakuten

Actually, I just saw this and cancelled my order..

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Rakuten
I'm not sure if those reviews are legit, but I know a lot of shady third party sellers have been on Rakuten for a while and they (Rakuten) didn't do anything about it, which might explain the bad reviews.

Buy.com and a bunch of other retailers merged to form Rakuten, so I'd think that buying from Rakuten itself would be ok.

All I know is their checkout and signing up process was a pain in my ass, and they now have two of my emails to spam at their leisure, so I'm going to take the chance and keep the dang order.

Regardless of the quality of the site, thanks for the deal guys, I really needed a second controller.

I'm not sure if those reviews are legit, but I know a lot of shady third party sellers have been on Rakuten for a while and they (Rakuten) didn't do anything about it, which might explain the bad reviews.

Buy.com and a bunch of other retailers merged to form Rakuten, so I'd think that buying from Rakuten itself would be ok.
honestly if you use Paypal you should be alright I ordered a DS4 for 35$ PS controllers usually never go on sale unless you do the deal where you buy a new ps4 and get a new controller for 20$

I was sold a knock off PS3 controller from that place when it said it was 100% Authentic from Sony. It wasn't. Lucky for me I got my money back because I used Paypal. I never shopped there again, avoid it. It's not worth the hassle. 

I was sold a knock off PS3 controller from that place when it said it was 100% Authentic from Sony. It wasn't. Lucky for me I got my money back because I used Paypal. I never shopped there again, avoid it. It's not worth the hassle.
can you knock off the touchpad easily?

lots of reports of stolen cc in the past if you check slickdeals. Make sure to use paypal if you decide to buy.

I still have 60$ newegg gc from the 25/5 deal few wks ago so I just bought ds4 with free turtle p4c. Maybe I can sell p4c to keep the ds4 cost down or use it...

can you knock off the touchpad easily?
The rumor back in 2008 for a PS3 controller with a touchpad isn't true. At least from what I gathered before back in 2008 or was it 2009,

Also my local Costco had Dualshock 4s for $47.99 and a PS4 bundle for 470ish. I'm not sure what was in the bundle but if you want one quickly it might be a good deal for a controller.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP, grabbed one.  I never had a bad experience with Buy.com so I'll take my chances..  Great price for a 2nd DS4.  Final price $34.99.

I picked up a Xbox One controller for $34.99 shipped. If there are any issues I can just file a claim through my credit card company. 

Still too much for a controller that has peeling analogs. Happened to two of my controllers in less than a week of use.

Last edited:
ordered one using the welcome $10 off code. Finally got that second controller:) I also used my cc in hopes that my account gets stolen and my credit history forever ruined

Thanks, OP. I picked up the PS4 camera for $33.xx shipped after using $11.xx Rakuten points I had leftover from buying my PS4 from them. Already have two DS4s.

My 2 launch controllers are still 100 % intact. I know some seem to have softer rubber but in a week? Do you ever cut your nails?
I frequently cut my nails, and I've never had defective controllers for any other system (I've owned almost every console since the NES). It has nothing to do with carelessness or misuse.

Last edited:
bread's done
Back