* * * - - 5 votes

Gears of War: Judgment (360) $9.99 @ Amazon

#1 marineal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1100 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

marineal

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:41 AM

Amazon is selling Gears of War: Judgment for $9.99. It might be the lowest it's been in (NEW) condition, correct me if I'm wrong. 

Gears of War: Judgment 

#2 dreamer131313   Has been playing Dying Light
XONE

dreamer131313

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:44 AM

its a Gamestop Price Match $9.99 New/$8.99 Used http://www.gamestop....judgment/105966

#3 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   8166 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:46 AM

Was this game THAT bad? I remember hearing lots of bad things from fans. My cousin has a 360 I could play it on, and I have been hankering for some Gears lately.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 Rozz   OG CAG CAGiversary!   9484 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago   Has been playing NBA Elite 11
PS3

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:47 AM

Best in the series.

CAG support:

Spoiler

#5 pittsnoggle   Acting Lord CAGiversary!   1849 Posts   Joined 1.3 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:48 AM

I think they just produced a shit ton of copies and it didn't sell well. multiplayer wasnt great so tons of copies traded in resulted in a quickly dropping price

690810.png

#6 hero913   MAZZAFAKKA CAGiversary!   1899 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:50 AM

Best in the series.

You must be on dog food....

Game was ok but you can't expect the game to do as well as the others when you're missing the 2 lead characters.

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#7 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   639 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:50 AM

ewwwwww $5 shipping

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk… Have at you!

#8 gwolf07   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   40 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:51 AM

Of all the games for Amazon to match, they pick this. I was not happy with this game unlike gears 3.
Posted Image
:360:: AC:R/MW3
:ps3:: Dark Souls
:ds:: Black Sigil

#9 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:00 AM

This game is bad. The whole game is based around challenge levels that tell the "real story" except a bunch are too hard and it's a fucking lame way to make the game longer. The story isn't good. It's not worth playing unless you're desperate.

#10 marineal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1100 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

marineal

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:02 AM

ewwwwww $5 shipping

new account = 1 month Free Shipping xD

#11 Donald Exit  

Donald Exit

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:05 AM

this game sucks crap, literally only like 6 multiplayer levels and it just overall sucks. do yourself a favor and dont buy this.

#12 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8032 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago   Has been playing Dead Rising 3
XONE

cancerman1120

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:07 AM

My only reason for maybe buying this is I only have like 250 achievement points for it because I rented it and blew through the game. It is not "bad" but really it is like an endless horde mode but with a story mode in between.  I need to look at what achievements are doable that I have left and then decide.

EDIT: Just looked quickly and Fuck that.  Seems there was a reason I only got 250 (I guess it was more like 385).  There are some left that may be easy to get but the majority look like a grind or just not possible

at my skill level.

EDIT: Looking at these achievements just reminds my how much I hate EPIC's idea of "cool" achievements.

Golden Artifacts

Won public/ranked game of Execution on Museum with all players using Gold character and weapon skins

I don't have time to put that kind of shit together.

Posted Image

#13 DarkRider23   hates hoarders CAGiversary!   3414 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

DarkRider23

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:10 AM

Was this game THAT bad? I remember hearing lots of bad things from fans. My cousin has a 360 I could play it on, and I have been hankering for some Gears lately.

The campaign was so-so. I don't think the game is worth picking up for the campaign unless you actually liked the Gears of War setting/story. The multiplayer was horrible. I don't understand why they tried to change a already proven formula just for the sake of it. It was a pretty dumb move on their part.

#14 Donald Exit  

Donald Exit

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:13 AM

the only reason this game was released was to be a cash cow. if your planning to get all the achievements dont forget about the 20 dollar dlc that only comes with like 3 packs of dlc. this game is such a money grab.

#15 plus1zero   SEC! SEC! SEC! CAGiversary!   3836 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:20 AM

Hankering for Gears? Play 1 or 3. 2 was completely terrible after the majesty of Gears 1, but even it was better than Judgment. The campaign was okay and the challenges were kind of fun, but multiplayer went from robust in gears 3 to simpler than gears 1

#16 icemangooch   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   40 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

icemangooch

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:25 AM

Won't this be free with GwG soon?

#17 Groo The Wanderer  

Groo The Wanderer

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:33 AM

it was OK. The entire game is like Horde Mode wave based challenges with the story being told around them. If you're a big Gears fan like me then its worth playing, but its a huge drop-off from the epicness that was Gears 1/2/3.

#18 zyk   Has been playing Dying Light
PS4

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:04 AM

Its an arcade version of Gears of War, probably the simplest way I could put it. IMO its a decent pick up at $10.

#19 ps2emotions   8 bit heaven CAGiversary!   856 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

ps2emotions

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:33 AM

It's not bad at all. I've played through all the gears games and certain parts of this one I like better. Having said this part 3 was probably the best as far as the amount of content but judgement is really fun as well and for the price you can't go wrong. I read that the reason judgement has gotten so much bad press is because when the game launched the online multiplayer was messed up and it took them 6 months to fix it which really left a bad taste is people's mouths but by the time I picked it up the problem had been fixed because I've had no issues. 

Mattblazing78.png?5614

#20 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   9258 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:56 AM

I played the campaign in co-op and thought it was pretty fun. I never played the multiplayer of any GoW game so can't comment on that. I would recommend it at $9.99.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#21 Tenchi_Ryu  

Tenchi_Ryu

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:59 AM

Dammit, and I just bought it for 16 last week.

524978.png

#22 boylover   Vampire Killer CAGiversary!   232 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:04 AM

Excellent game, tied with Gears 3 as best of the series.

Even the campaign was great. Anyone saying that it was just a Horde mode has obviously never played it. There are only a few levels where your goal is to defend a spot. The rest of the game is just like other Gears campaigns: you push forward towards a goal, while fighting through cool setpieces. There are even new types of enemies and new weapons. The end boss is awesome, too. The game also added a ranking system so you have incentive to replay and aim for 3-star ranks, plus optional objectives ("Declassified") which make the game harder (example: fight using only certain weapon, clear mission within X amount of time, no health regen, etc.)

As for bonus modes (besides the normal multiplayer), Survival is a lot of fun. It's a class-based Horde mode, basically. Then there's also Overrun, which lets you play as the Locust as well (and it's wayyyy better than Beast mode was in Gears 3).

#23 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   2096 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:09 AM

It took much longer for Judgment to hit $10 than Gears 3, but at least it finally happened.

#24 DieGo2SHAE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   802 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:11 AM

its a Gamestop Price Match $9.99 New/$8.99 Used http://www.gamestop....judgment/105966

Sweet, with the birthday coupon that puts it below $8 even with taxes. It is finally at the price point I was willing to pay for this when it came out  :rofl:

#25 Groo The Wanderer  

Groo The Wanderer

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:11 AM

Excellent game, tied with Gears 3 as best of the series.

Even the campaign was great. Anyone saying that it was just a Horde mode has obviously never played it. There are only a few levels where your goal is to defend a spot.

beat it on Insane and got the extra three stars on every single stage. Saying its just like the first 3 games, level design-wise, is just being flat out disingenuous.

#26 Strider Turbulence   Son of the Old Gods CAGiversary!   5960 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Strider Turbulence

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:12 AM

GoWJ is ok but there is one problem - Gears 3 exists.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#27 The 7th Number   Lambent CAGiversary!   6435 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:13 AM

I think the main campaign is worth 10 bucks. Especially if you like gears of war, or are mildly interested in it. The game looks beautiful for last gen. The thing thats really bad is the Multiplayer unless you love spamming nades and throwing melee attacks. But the Overrun mode is pretty fun. But honestly the online community is really low, so you might end up playing with or against bots.  If you are an achievement whore steer clear of this game. It might be a GWG game but i would rather see MS give Gears 3 away, you know a game that still has a pretty good online community. Would be nice to see a lot of new people jump into MP in Gears 3 and see the population grow, even if its just a bit.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#28 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   1921 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

kayne2000

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:14 AM

best in the series? no not even. a bad game? nope, its still a solid game. easily worth 10 dollars and certainly worth the 37.99 I got it at launch via newegg because I forgot I had ordered it lol

#29 vivafriend5  

vivafriend5

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:22 AM

Amazon is fluctuating between $9.99 and $31.95, straight from Amazon. Deal may be dead.

#30 dreamer131313   Has been playing Dying Light
XONE

dreamer131313

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:26 AM

Yea deal is dead on amazon but it still alive in store at gamestop