Iraqi Re-engagement.

UncleBob

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/08/world/middleeast/obama-weighs-military-strikes-to-aid-trapped-iraqis-officials-say.html

President Obama on Thursday announced that he had authorized targeted American airstrikes against Islamic militants in Iraq, scrambling to avert the fall of the Kurdish capital, Erbil, and returning the United States to a significant battlefield role in Iraq for the first time since the last American soldier left the country at the end of 2011.
Wonder what kind of pathetic memes this thread will see posted.

83196-kraken-corgi-meme-n2ro.jpeg

That meme is pertinent actually seeing as Obama has released his "Kraken" of repeated lies.

Last edited by a moderator:
We could start by not selecting two different Secretaries of State and a Secretary of Defense who all three voted in favor of giving authorization for military action in Iraq.

I find it hard to believe that they didn't foresee that the rebels we armed in Syria and Libya would eventually make it to other unstable countries in the region. Even if the fighters themselves weren't likely to move, at least the influx of weapons and ammo would.

In honor of Robin Williams I'll paraphrase my favorite quote from him...

We can't just bomb Iraq back to the stone age, they will just go "Oh upgrade!"

Maybe if Obama wasn't so weak and made up his mind on Syria 3-4 years ago when it mattered this mess wouldn't have spread.

bread's done
Back