* * - - - 8 votes

Best Buy Ad 8/17-8/23

#1 Twitter   Banned Banned   1346 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:53 AM

save $30 when you buy 2 select ps4 games 

^ shows the following games which are $39.99 each: killzone shadow fail, knack, lego marvel, and nba 2k14

+ more titles in store.

not sure what this deal is, some of these games are already $20 off so don't ask me how its $30 off if you buy 2 or ill hurt you

thats it #twitter #out

cumerently playing: w/ your moms boobs, smash bros wii u, capt toad
amiiboo cumlection (24/29): donkey kong, fox, samus, kirby, villager, zelda, link, p diddy kong, little mac daddy, pit, capt falcunt, bowser, toon link, rosalina, shulk x2, peach, yoshi, sheik, metaknight, king DDD, mega man, sonic, ike, lucumrio

#2 nextisland  

nextisland

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:06 PM

the games are going to be at msrp that's how you get $30 off 2 games.

#3 ritchardf   add ritchardf on psn and xbox live CAGiversary!   2965 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:10 PM

the games are going to be at msrp that's how you get $30 off 2 games.

wouldnt that make it $40 off 2 games?

#4 Vigilante   Kept You Waiting, Huh? CAGiversary!   27735 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:11 PM

OP, do you mean that this ad is for 8/17-8/23?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Pokemon Y :ps4: Geometry Wars 3; Shadow Warrior :ps3: MGS: Peace Walker HD  :vita: La-Mulana EX; Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus; Shutshimi

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games:  :ps4: Kung Fury: Street Rage (4.5/5) :vita: Kung-Fu Rabbit (3.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

So the moral of the story is Vig is awesome; all glory to the master flipper.

#5 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   6523 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:20 PM

Might be a good deal with GCU. We'll see.

Borderlands 2 Vita Download Code - $20 (PayPal)

MKX w/ Kombat Pass PS4 - $80 (PayPal)

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer." YouTube

#6 TheGeonaut  

TheGeonaut

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:28 PM

Putty Squad!

#7 Havok83   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1684 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:44 PM

wouldnt that make it $40 off 2 games?

$39.99 is their current MSRP. $40 x2 = $80 - $30 = $50.

Posted Image

#8 redreflect   I am the Wolf CAGiversary!   1096 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

redreflect

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:47 PM

Still waiting for Stick of Truth to drop to $29.99...

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#9 rcerboss  

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:20 PM

Still waiting for Stick of Truth to drop to $29.99...

It already did.  Personally I'd hold out for the $20 mark, surprised it hasn't hit that yet but it's coming.  Like the dragons it's on it's way.

well i asked whether you stood behind your opinions and you said "Always" so i offered up the same bet that i gave to Fire Thief. You think the price of the xbox one will drop to $300 + 2 games by end of year? Let's put a bet on it.

WHERE'S MY CHILDS PLAY DONATION CONFUCIUS!?

#10 SuperMario64   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   809 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

SuperMario64

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:31 PM

$39.99 is their current MSRP. $40 x2 = $80 - $30 = $50.

GCU should make it cheaper, hopefully it will work with this. $32 x 2 = $64 - $30 = $34.

#11 mpaullin   Sure plays a mediocre pinball CAGiversary!   3578 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:31 PM

The other games that are apart of the PS4 offer are:

Infamous: SS

MLB 14: The Show

The Amazing Spiderman 2.

There's nothing indicating that those are $39.99, too though. It's a shame the selection is shit, because this could be a pretty sweet deal stacked with GCU: $80 for two games - $16 GCU- $30 offer =$34. Still might be worth it to some.

MPaullin.png

#12 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   1841 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:47 PM

:o shadow fail! Hahahaha.. its like titan fail!!! XD oh god I need friends..

#13 mitch079   Slaving away at Vandelay Industries. CAGiversary!   9353 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

mitch079

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:49 PM

Hopefully GCU will make one game like a buck.

mmitch079.pngmmitch079.pngmmitch079.png

#14 redreflect   I am the Wolf CAGiversary!   1096 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

redreflect

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:07 PM

It already did. Personally I'd hold out for the $20 mark, surprised it hasn't hit that yet but it's coming. Like the dragons it's on it's way.

At BB? I know it did at Amazon and GameStop but I wanted to use GCU at BB...

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#15 rcerboss  

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:32 PM

At BB? I know it did at Amazon and GameStop but I wanted to use GCU at BB...

Man, Best Buy got their claws into you didn't they?  Thanks for pointing out the number 1 reason I despise programs like GCU....

well i asked whether you stood behind your opinions and you said "Always" so i offered up the same bet that i gave to Fire Thief. You think the price of the xbox one will drop to $300 + 2 games by end of year? Let's put a bet on it.

#16 redreflect   I am the Wolf CAGiversary!   1096 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

redreflect

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:43 PM

Man, Best Buy got their claws into you didn't they?  Thanks for pointing out the number 1 reason I despise programs like GCU....

In all fairness, this IS a Best Buy thread...

#17 rcerboss  

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:49 PM

In all fairness, this IS a Best Buy thread...

BB thread or not, I find "loyalty" to any given retailer to be (excuse my frankness) downright moronic.  Which is what programs like GCU are designed to do.... people will skip deals they want from other retailers because they are "loyal" to one in particular.  

It's no different than console fanboyism and how some people will only play a certain game if it comes to WiiU, refusing to acknowledge any potential benefits in, say, a PC or PS3.

That's my 2 cents anyways.....  I mean I know I prefer Amazon for various reasons, but if Best Buy or Wal-Mart or whoever has the item's price + shipping lower than the prime membership I pay for I'll buy from them rather than wait and hope that Amazon PM's it.

#18 d8onausa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   201 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

d8onausa

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:09 PM

I think you're missing his point though.  He wants the $30 at BBY, because his GCU would make it $24.  He doesn't want to pay the $30 that other retailers have had.

#19 SneakyBeast   Confabulator's Naiveté CAGiversary!   53 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

SneakyBeast

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:11 PM

BB thread or not, I find "loyalty" to any given retailer to be (excuse my frankness) downright moronic.  Which is what programs like GCU are designed to do.... people will skip deals they want from other retailers because they are "loyal" to one in particular.  

:applause:

#20 rcerboss  

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:19 PM

I think you're missing his point though.  He wants the $30 at BBY, because his GCU would make it $24.  He doesn't want to pay the $30 that other retailers have had.

Then in that case, he's not really waiting for a $30 price like he said above.  He's waiting for a $24 price, which he would get with a $30 price + GCU.  That's totally different.

I'm waiting for a $20 price point.  Whether I get it for $20 from Amazon or a use my roomates GCU and buy the game at $25 at Best Buy, I don't care.  Had my price point been $30, I'd have bought from Amazon (or Gamestop) back then.

#21 dc delta90   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   321 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

dc delta90

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:19 PM

Went back to $40 everyday at Amazon and GameStop. $27 preowned at BBY with your GCU discount.

#22 redreflect   I am the Wolf CAGiversary!   1096 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

redreflect

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:21 PM

It's no different than console fanboyism and how some people will only play a certain game if it comes to WiiU, refusing to acknowledge any potential benefits in, say, a PC or PS3.

That's my 2 cents anyways.....  I mean I know I prefer Amazon for various reasons, but if Best Buy or Wal-Mart or whoever has the item's price + shipping lower than the prime membership I pay for I'll buy from them rather than wait and hope that Amazon PM's it.

I'm confused as to where I said that I was strictly loyal to only Best Buy...? 

I am loyal to no one company, just as they are not loyal to me. Had the game been $25 or less (my sweet spot -- and yes, I am cheap enough where the $5 is a make-it-or-break-it kind of deal) at Amazon or GameStop, I would have bought it. The reason I brought up GCU, and d8onausa nailed it on the head, is because I could get the game for $6 less when it drops to $29.99 at Best Buy. Bringing it to my sweet spot of $25 or less. Not to mention a gift card I have for there as well.

#23 rcerboss  

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:26 PM

I'm confused as to where I said that I was strictly loyal to only Best Buy...? 

I am loyal to no one company, just as they are not loyal to me. Had the game been $25 or less (my sweet spot -- and yes, I am cheap enough where the $5 is a make-it-or-break-it kind of deal) at Amazon or GameStop, I would have bought it. The reason I brought up GCU, and d8onausa nailed it on the head, is because I could get the game for $6 less when it drops to $29.99 at Best Buy. Bringing it to my sweet spot of $25 or less. Not to mention a gift card I have for there as well.

I think it's all been a misunderstanding lol.  I thought $30 really meant $30, not $30 pre GCU (or $24).  Forget I said anything?

#24 redreflect   I am the Wolf CAGiversary!   1096 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

redreflect

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:28 PM

I think it's all been a misunderstanding lol.  I thought $30 really meant $30, not $30 pre GCU (or $24).  Forget I said anything?

Fair enough, I think there was a misunderstanding on my end as well. I apologize. Thank you for being civil :)

#25 YellowGameboyColor   CAGBooty CAGiversary!   2095 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:19 PM

:o shadow fail! Hahahaha.. its like titan fail!!! XD oh god I need friends..

Dude I see you post something like this on every thread do you actually need friends?

#26 stev0n  

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:27 PM

I'll be all over this if infamous & PvZ or maybe Murdered are part of it. With second light coming out I gotta get another copy of infamous anyways.

#27 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   8872 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:29 PM

You dont need to have infamous to play the dlc. Its stand alone

Deader2818.png

#28 panda911   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   981 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

panda911

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:31 PM

Hope they have a surprise deal for Diablo

#29 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   1841 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:36 PM

Dude I see you post something like this on every thread do you actually need friends?

:D/ A cool guy like me? NO way.. I have tons of friends.. hahaa... Mario, Luigi.. Lara Croft.. haha.. /runs away crying

#30 Raikouen  

Raikouen

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:01 AM

BB thread or not, I find "loyalty" to any given retailer to be (excuse my frankness) downright moronic. Which is what programs like GCU are designed to do.... people will skip deals they want from other retailers because they are "loyal" to one in particular.

That's my 2 cents anyways..... I mean I know I prefer Amazon for various reasons, but if Best Buy or Wal-Mart or whoever has the item's price + shipping lower than the prime membership I pay for I'll buy from them rather than wait and hope that Amazon PM's it.

Some people prefer different retailers for various reasons.

I personally don't support Target and have not purchased a single item from them in almost 10 years now. Not that I'm "too loyal" to other stores, I just don't like their corporate practices and will refuse to support it.