Best Buy Ad 8/17-8/23

Twitter

Banned
save $30 when you buy 2 select ps4 games 

^ shows the following games which are $39.99 each: killzone shadow fail, knack, lego marvel, and nba 2k14

+ more titles in store.

not sure what this deal is, some of these games are already $20 off so don't ask me how its $30 off if you buy 2 or ill hurt you

thats it #twitter #out

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting for Stick of Truth to drop to $29.99...
It already did. Personally I'd hold out for the $20 mark, surprised it hasn't hit that yet but it's coming. Like the dragons it's on it's way.

Last edited:
The other games that are apart of the PS4 offer are:

Infamous: SS

MLB 14: The Show

The Amazing Spiderman 2.

There's nothing indicating that those are $39.99, too though. It's a shame the selection is shit, because this could be a pretty sweet deal stacked with GCU: $80 for two games - $16 GCU- $30 offer =$34. Still might be worth it to some.

At BB? I know it did at Amazon and GameStop but I wanted to use GCU at BB...
Man, Best Buy got their claws into you didn't they? Thanks for pointing out the number 1 reason I despise programs like GCU....

In all fairness, this IS a Best Buy thread...
BB thread or not, I find "loyalty" to any given retailer to be (excuse my frankness) downright moronic. Which is what programs like GCU are designed to do.... people will skip deals they want from other retailers because they are "loyal" to one in particular.

It's no different than console fanboyism and how some people will only play a certain game if it comes to WiiU, refusing to acknowledge any potential benefits in, say, a PC or PS3.

That's my 2 cents anyways..... I mean I know I prefer Amazon for various reasons, but if Best Buy or Wal-Mart or whoever has the item's price + shipping lower than the prime membership I pay for I'll buy from them rather than wait and hope that Amazon PM's it.

Last edited:
I think you're missing his point though.  He wants the $30 at BBY, because his GCU would make it $24.  He doesn't want to pay the $30 that other retailers have had.

BB thread or not, I find "loyalty" to any given retailer to be (excuse my frankness) downright moronic. Which is what programs like GCU are designed to do.... people will skip deals they want from other retailers because they are "loyal" to one in particular.
:applause:

I think you're missing his point though. He wants the $30 at BBY, because his GCU would make it $24. He doesn't want to pay the $30 that other retailers have had.
Then in that case, he's not really waiting for a $30 price like he said above. He's waiting for a $24 price, which he would get with a $30 price + GCU. That's totally different.

I'm waiting for a $20 price point. Whether I get it for $20 from Amazon or a use my roomates GCU and buy the game at $25 at Best Buy, I don't care. Had my price point been $30, I'd have bought from Amazon (or Gamestop) back then.

Last edited:
I think you're missing his point though. He wants the $30 at BBY, because his GCU would make it $24. He doesn't want to pay the $30 that other retailers have had.
Went back to $40 everyday at Amazon and GameStop. $27 preowned at BBY with your GCU discount.

It's no different than console fanboyism and how some people will only play a certain game if it comes to WiiU, refusing to acknowledge any potential benefits in, say, a PC or PS3.

That's my 2 cents anyways..... I mean I know I prefer Amazon for various reasons, but if Best Buy or Wal-Mart or whoever has the item's price + shipping lower than the prime membership I pay for I'll buy from them rather than wait and hope that Amazon PM's it.
I'm confused as to where I said that I was strictly loyal to only Best Buy...?

I am loyal to no one company, just as they are not loyal to me. Had the game been $25 or less (my sweet spot -- and yes, I am cheap enough where the $5 is a make-it-or-break-it kind of deal) at Amazon or GameStop, I would have bought it. The reason I brought up GCU, and d8onausa nailed it on the head, is because I could get the game for $6 less when it drops to $29.99 at Best Buy. Bringing it to my sweet spot of $25 or less. Not to mention a gift card I have for there as well.

I'm confused as to where I said that I was strictly loyal to only Best Buy...?

I am loyal to no one company, just as they are not loyal to me. Had the game been $25 or less (my sweet spot -- and yes, I am cheap enough where the $5 is a make-it-or-break-it kind of deal) at Amazon or GameStop, I would have bought it. The reason I brought up GCU, and d8onausa nailed it on the head, is because I could get the game for $6 less when it drops to $29.99 at Best Buy. Bringing it to my sweet spot of $25 or less. Not to mention a gift card I have for there as well.
I think it's all been a misunderstanding lol. I thought $30 really meant $30, not $30 pre GCU (or $24). Forget I said anything?

I'll be all over this if infamous & PvZ or maybe Murdered are part of it. With second light coming out I gotta get another copy of infamous anyways.

Some people prefer different retailers for various reasons.

I personally don't support Target and have not purchased a single item from them in almost 10 years now. Not that I'm "too loyal" to other stores, I just don't like their corporate practices and will refuse to support it.

Man, Best Buy got their claws into you didn't they? Thanks for pointing out the number 1 reason I despise programs like GCU....
GCU is currently the best gamer`s sub out & it`s not even close hasn`t been for close to 4 yrs now. Target pm/pre-order, triple TIV & some kmart credit double dips are the only other things that can be put in the same breath as GCU.
Free games check
Cheap games check
Highest TIV`s consistantly check
Price match/return policy check
Non Game promos that benefit gamer check
Consistant pre-order credits check
Glitches check
Day to day sales check
Coupons check, check check

Plus by being brand loyal you keep most of your credit/pts @ 1 store thus ensuring total cheaper OOP cost going foward. With the exception of the recent target events I doubt most ppl here have had more credit @ any 1 retailer than BB. GS maybe but it would be foolish to compare the two since they offer a small fraction of what BB does.

As for this deal it`s all about who has the eligble games cheaper to pm from first then let the pc auto discount the promo. If the sales are there losing the 20% GCU won`t even matter.

At least gamestop actually has a used game selection.
Agreed, but new > used & if done correctly the true cost of new copies is under $15 per game @ BB. Look at Wolfenstein $48 w/$25 credit & $40ish TIV that purchase along could become 3 games with no extra money needed.

I mainly use them to ensure all my used copies are complete & as a credit builder but GCU can fully pay off a PUR sub in just one trade.

GCU is currently the best gamer`s sub out & it`s not even close hasn`t been for close to 4 yrs now. Target pm/pre-order, triple TIV & some kmart credit double dips are the only other things that can be put in the same breath as GCU.
Free games check
Cheap games check
Highest TIV`s consistantly check
Price match/return policy check
Non Game promos that benefit gamer check
Consistant pre-order credits check
Glitches check
Day to day sales check
Coupons check, check check

Plus by being brand loyal you keep most of your credit/pts @ 1 store thus ensuring total cheaper OOP cost going foward. With the exception of the recent target events I doubt most ppl here have had more credit @ any 1 retailer than BB. GS maybe but it would be foolish to compare the two since they offer a small fraction of what BB does.
While best buy normally has the best or almost best trade in values, they've been really weak recently without any promos. I traded cod ghosts and assassins creed black flag for $47 at GameStop without pro. I think cod was $9 or $10 at bb and black flag was $10, so even with gcu I still would have gotten less than half. Its only when they have promos that its the best place to trade

In-store, I agree. However, it's not too tough to just do ship to store with Best Buy, though it can be a bit slow. I got SM3DW and Tropical Freeze for about $60 combined during a buy 2, get 1 free (got Titanfall and traded it back for $30). However, our store's selection is crap. In the Wii U section, they had about 15-20 games, and I swear that all but maybe 5 were Just Dance 2014.

I'll be all over this if infamous & PvZ or maybe Murdered are part of it. With second light coming out I gotta get another copy of infamous anyways.
I hope murdered souls and lego marvel are a part of it. I want to play them but im unsure on pulling the trigger till they are cheaper.

While best buy normally has the best or almost best trade in values, they've been really weak recently without any promos. I traded cod ghosts and assassins creed black flag for $47 at GameStop without pro. I think cod was $9 or $10 at bb and black flag was $10, so even with gcu I still would have gotten less than half. Its only when they have promos that its the best place to trade
Since GCU causes BB to offer lots off games super cheap/free the TIV for those will certainly take a hit. Ghost was free w/system purchase along with 2-3 other sales since launch. BF had @gamer coupon stacks + sale prices too. There was a time when BB was SLOWWWWWW to react to everything regarding trades but those days are over. Outta 52 weeks other retailers may own 10-15 BB got the rest & may cherry pick afew of those 10-15 via pm some YMMV ones much better than the original deal.

quick question are the online prices from gamestop the same at the stores? Because it seems like I can get a new game cheaper at best buy or from amazon (i do mean amazon not some 3rd party or someone who sells on there website) than a used one at gamestop.
My nephew wants tomodachi life 3ds. Its 37.99 pre-owned from gamestop. At best buy it's 35.99, amazon 33.06 both new. Maybe its just the games I look at.

quick question are the online prices from gamestop the same at the stores? Because it seems like I can get a new game cheaper at best buy or from amazon (i do mean amazon not some 3rd party or someone who sells on there website) than a used one at gamestop.
My nephew wants tomodachi life 3ds. Its 37.99 pre-owned from gamestop. At best buy it's 35.99, amazon 33.06 both new. Maybe its just the games I look at.
With newer games, that's going to be pretty common, if you have Gamers Club Unlocked. GameStop will drop used copies of new $60 games to $55, while GCU at Best Buy will drop them to $48. In a similar fashion, those $40 3DS games will usually be $38, while GCU would make them $32 for a new copy.

If you have no subscription at Best Buy or GameStop, then it's just probably just an atypical occurrence where a Best Buy sale undercuts a standard used copy's price of that same game.

With newer games, that's going to be pretty common, if you have Gamers Club Unlocked. GameStop will drop used copies of new $60 games to $55, while GCU at Best Buy will drop them to $48. In a similar fashion, those $40 3DS games will usually be $38, while GCU would make them $32 for a new copy.

If you have no subscription at Best Buy or GameStop, then it's just probably just an atypical occurrence where a Best Buy sale undercuts a standard used copy's price of that same game.
I have gcu from best buy and a 10% employee discount on items sold by amazon. The employee discount is only good up to $100 and resets every year.

To save money, it's the amazon way. I heard they used to give employees free 2 day shipping. If you want that now you have to buy prime out of pocket.
Youre lucky you get anything. You WORK for them meaning you work and they pay you, that's pretty much it. You give them your time and they compensate you for it, they don't owe you any discounts or whatnot.

And a company trying to save money?!!!!! Why that's completely unheard of! Why should a company save money when they should be showering employees with gifts so you will stay and continue to keep doing your invaluable service of putting small packages into larger packages.

So many americans think they should be entitled to things when in reality they aren't. Any other country in the world workers are glad to even have a job they can make money at. Yet in America working for money isn't enough without getting extras for no reason.

Youre lucky you get anything. You WORK for them meaning you work and they pay you, that's pretty much it. You give them your time and they compensate you for it, they don't owe you any discounts or whatnot.

And a company trying to save money?!!!!! Why that's completely unheard of! Why should a company save money when they should be showering employees with gifts so you will stay and continue to keep doing your invaluable service of putting small packages into larger packages.

So many americans think they should be entitled to things when in reality they aren't. Any other country in the world workers are glad to even have a job they can make money at. Yet in America working for money isn't enough without getting extras for no reason.
please. tell us how you feel about celebrities dying....

bread's done
Back