What are your thoughts on the kindle hdx ?

squishface

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Time to buy a new tablet, I see Amazon has the hdx 7 on sale. The 32gb is $219.99 and the 64gb is 239.99

I have recently found out that the kindle doesn't have full access to the android apps.

I currently has an iPad and was thinking about possibly getting a kindle so I could watch my digital movies and shows. I have a bunch of ebooks that I have been told I can import to the hdx.

Currently there is only a few android apps and games that I use consistantly and  all but one are available from amazon's app store.

Soooo Kindle people, what is your experience with these ?

It's great if you have Amazon Prime.  But not worth it if you don't.    You really need to have prime to get the full benefits of the device.

Amazon does give out a lot of free apps, that work on all android devices. You just have to download there app.

If you don't have prime, I would just get a android device like the Nvidia Shield.  

If you plan on only watch stuff on amazon prime video, and read books only on amazon as well, it is pretty good.  But if you plan on doing anything else, app wise, don't buy it.  I bought one for my wife, and had it for 3 days and sent it back.  I'm happy with the surface pro I got for work and play, it just costs a lot more.

Thanks for the info. I think I will stick to my ipad for now and when I can no longer update or run out of storage on it. I will look again at tablets.

A Nexus 7 is a good tablet to get. But I imagine they will be releasing the 2014 model soon. Or check craigslist for them, there always seems to be a ton on there for around 100 bucks.

bread's done
Back