Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series - Amazon Exclusive Edition (Blu-ray/DVD Combo) - $70 ($30 off)

$70 for 24 episodes is still overpriced in my book.
Well, this is the collector's edition, so it's going to have some extras

Of course, you can wait for the standard set to go up on Amazon, but the collector's edition is not going to get cheaper than this

A long time ago, I bought Prefect Session DVD set for 100.  It was a limited edition with number/10000.  No idea if it's worth anything anymore

Note that this set is for a special, Amazon-exclusive Premium Edition. Check out the Attack on Titan PE for a general idea of what may be in it.

FUNimation WILL release a standard edition, likely 3 Blu-ray discs and 4 DVDs, that will be priced like normal, though the way the announcement slide was worded made it seem like they will be separate releases instead of a combo pack (I hope so).

Contents of either PE have not been revealed but you can probably expect at least one of them to include digibook packaging, multiple soundtracks, keychains, an art book, another book with interviews/crew comments, perhaps a pair of Ed's goggles, and I bet we'll see some kind of display piece (whether it be the Bebop or the Swordfish, a figure, an Ein plush, or a bust of some kind). Part of me hopes one of the PE will be a Steelbook.

This is probably my favorite tv series of all time. It got me into anime and honestly, nothing has even been close to as good. I know they have tried to get a live action movie made, but a Netflix series would be better if anything. I'd rather it stay as is.

I'll probably pay for this.

Might as well as put in a pre-order to lock in the reduced price and decide by release time if you want to keep it or not.  Won't hurt anything by doing it that way.

Might as well as put in a pre-order to lock in the reduced price and decide by release time if you want to keep it or not. Won't hurt anything by doing it that way.
That's what I did.

Here's the full dirt:

Four versions are planned: A DVD standard edition, a Blu-ray standard edition, an Amazon-exclusive BD/DVD combo premium edition, and a second BD/DVD Combo premium edition that will be exclusive to the FUNimation.com site. The exclusive versions will include different packaging and collectable swag items TBA. The exact street date and further details will follow in the weeks ahead, so we’ll be sure to update when they do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm waiting until I hear about the extras. I really like me some Cowboy Bebop. But I still have all of the original discs from the first print run of this series. Since there will be a "standard" Blu-Ray release, I would need for there to be some significant extras before I opted to buy a special edition release. And for $70, they would have to be more than just a keychain.

That said, I will almost certainly acquire one of these versions. Cowboy Bebop had some fantastic animation, and is definitely a series I would want to have on Blu Ray.

I may end up cancelling and getting the standard version depending on what is included in the LE but I locked in a pre-order for now.
Thanks for the heads up, OP! :D

Looks like Amazon made a mistake on their part and have made the set cheaper than it should be (doesn't come out till December, but you might as well pre-order it now, so you can get it for $70)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00MMOZ1SS/212-53-20/
I pre-ordered it to lock in the price but what leads you to believe that the price is incorrect? Is the list price supposed to be higher? Most Amazon pre-orders for DVDs and Blu Rays start at 30% off and then slowly dwindle down to 10%.

And none of them were bad by any stretch.

If the soundtrack is included, I'll keep a preorder on the Amazon version. And speaking of soundtrack costs, holy crap:

http://www.amazon.com/Cowboy-Bebop-Box-Limited-Edition/dp/tracks/B000065EFX/

http://www.amazon.com/Cowboy-Bebop-Various/dp/B000058A76/
I have the second one, though I thought it was released domestically at one point (?). It's quite good; I'm not sure where my physical copy is, but luckily I ripped it to the PC awhile back :)

Locked it in, gonna wait to see if the extras are any good, if not I'll just cancel and wait for the price to go down on the regular Blu-Ray set.

Funimation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSxTcaDBPbs

Me:
groudon_zps47d4df2e.gif

good grief the quality is amazing!

This is probably my favorite tv series of all time. It got me into anime and honestly, nothing has even been close to as good. I know they have tried to get a live action movie made, but a Netflix series would be better if anything. I'd rather it stay as is.

I'll probably pay for this.
Same here as for being my very late foray into anime (after not caring about Akira or Ninja Scroll) with nothing ever beating it. Samurai Champloo (the next series after Bebop made by the same guy) was really good, too.

Same here as for being my very late foray into anime (after not caring about Akira or Ninja Scroll) with nothing ever beating it. Samurai Champloo (the next series after Bebop made by the same guy) was really good, too.
Cowboy Bebop was one of my first foray's into anime and it's still my favorite. I also enjoyed (from the same general time-frame of release), Outlaw Star, Evangelion, and Trigun.

The prefect sessions is the set I have. Good thing that it's stll worth something. I bought it for 99 bucks.
I can't remember how many, but Right Stuff offered an unnumbered box (same as the numbered one w/ Perfect Sessions) for those who already had the original DVD releases. So that's the one I have. I doubt the lack of a number makes it more special, but I've had it since the original release.

[quote name="strait edge follower" post="12010275" timestamp="1408066117"]toonami with coyboy beebop, outlaw star, dbz, yu yu hagasho and samurai shamploo got me to fall in love with anime. i need all of these on blu ray btw lol[/quote]
They all are except outlaw star I believe.

I couldn't get into Champloo at all. Although I think I only watched 2 episodes

This is the one that I got waaaaay back in the day and still have.

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/XhELPbrCY7rXbK7SBE/browse/item/56201/4/0/0

Except mine is numbered and came with the first DVD and OST1.  I had to buy each subsequent DVD separately as they were released, since they weren't all released at once.  I paid a LOT more than $70 to complete the set so this Blu-ray set is a great deal for me, especially since I've been waiting for it for a long time.

Package would have to be awesome for me to not switch to the standard blu-ray edition. I would look at the art stuff once.

Didn't even know this was in the works.

What a pleasant freaking surprise!

One of my favorite series ever.  Outstanding show, well worth the money and then some. 

What do you think the price difference is? I'm buying this without ever seeing it based on recomendations and would prefer to spend less.
Since it is a split release, I am betting on $40-$45 for the DVD version and $50-$55 for the Blu-ray version. MSRP, of course.

Also, if the Premium Edition is indeed 9 discs, I bet 2 of those discs are extras discs (1 of each format) with interviews, promos, etc. Meanwhile,the Standard Editions would get trailers, textless songs, and maybe a commentary or two.

bread's done
Back