Robin Williams dead at 63

Dear god I hope it is as Jeff Goldblum in a skydiving accident in New Zealand. From what I'm reading not enough sources are being attributed, and all we get is a Cali Sheriff Department and a "publicist."

Guess we'll find out the truth tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got the update. It's true, sadly. Looking like it may have been suicide. Damn.

Dear god I hope it is as Jeff Goldblum in a skydiving accident in New Zealand. From what I'm reading not enough sources are being attributed, and all we get is a Cali Sheriff Department and a "publicist."

Guess we'll find out the truth tomorrow.
loved the dude on the nightly news. 2 mins before it was to go off. reports robin williams dead at 63. More info tomorrow people cause we all know when the CLOCK HITS 5 ITS

PARTY TIME WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

sort of found that funny like they wont update it on the 11 news you got to wait till tomorrow

It's hit most major outlets so I would guess it to be true. 63 isn't young but I would have liked to see him in a few more major roles

That's sad ... learned this from fb and cnn. Cancer, heart attack, car accident I can accept...but not suicide..... not a good way to remember him.

Mental illness continues to be a big issue in our society. It's a shame Mr. Williams couldn't get help even if he voluntarily went to rehab.

This is a celebrity death that hit me hard.  He always seemed like he had inner problems to me, but I never knew it was that serious.  RIP and condolences to his family.  As a celebration of his comedy, here's a clip that I just ran across that I always liked https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcnFbCCgTo4

I think the last thing I remember seeing him in was an episode of Louie where he played himself. After a funeral they go to a strip club for drinks. Good episode, but I got a vibe that Robbin did look a bit sad and defeated in his scenes.

I guess I'm the only that doesn't care.  I liked his work and it sucks he's gone, but I just can't give a shit when it's suicide.  Things get bad and everyone has times in their lives that just suck.  You have to have some sort of hope or at least tell yourself what the hell lets see where it goes.

I guess I'm the only that doesn't care. I liked his work and it sucks he's gone, but I just can't give a shit when it's suicide. Things get bad and everyone has times in their lives that just suck. You have to have some sort of hope or at least tell yourself what the hell lets see where it goes.
Oh man, you so get it. I can't imagine why you haven't written a book, gotten a doctorate, and cured it yet.

Don't have to be an ass.  It's just an opinion.  I don't care when someone kills themselves.  To me it's just what the hell was the point of all them years.  It was just a waste and that's all.

His music touched many hearts.  RIP!

B00061I0VO.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Don't have to be an ass. It's just an opinion. I don't care when someone kills themselves. To me it's just what the hell was the point of all them years. It was just a waste and that's all.
If you don't care, then kindly fuck off. Thanks. We don't need ignorance in this thread.

Rest in Peace, Robin. Thank you for all the smiles you brought me and countless others.

I guess I'm the only that doesn't care. I liked his work and it sucks he's gone, but I just can't give a shit when it's suicide. Things get bad and everyone has times in their lives that just suck. You have to have some sort of hope or at least tell yourself what the hell lets see where it goes.
If you liked his work and think it "sucks" he's gone then I guess you care a little bit. But then you go on making it a point to sound insensitive which comes across like you're trying to convince yourself of something. Deep down you want to cry. I know it. Just let it out. Give ol' Rod a good cry.

so, I live in one of the towns that Jumanji was filmed in (Parrish shoes sign is in my town and my dad was actually an extra in the movie) and a candlelight vigil was started there a couple hours ago.  Pretty cool to see some of the community coming together like that in the midst or such a sad situation.

He did one of the funniest things I've ever seen on live television. During a Golden Globes broadcast they started panning the room going to commercial. They get to Robin Williams and he starts to make a blowjob gesture quickly rolling into spreading his middle and index finger apart and putting it to his mouth with his tongue wagging through. My brother and I have been looking for footage of it ever since and it's no where to be found.

Mods, go ahead and lock this thread. I can already see how it'll just attract alot more assholes going "Oh, so what? I didn't think he was funny." Whether you did or did not appreciate him, is irrelevant. It's just plain fucking, human decency to offer condolences no matter how it is that someone left this world. A simple Rest In Peace would suffice or don't bother posting at all. He may not have meant anything to you, but the world lost an incredibly talented person, today, and the least you could do is respect that, for fuck's sake.

Mods, go ahead and lock this thread. I can already see how it'll just attract alot more assholes going "Oh, so what? I didn't think he was funny." Whether you did or did not appreciate him, is irrelevant. It's just plain fucking, human decency to offer condolences no matter how it is that someone left this world. A simple Rest In Peace would suffice or don't bother posting at all. He may not have meant anything to you, but the world lost an incredibly talented person, today, and the least you could do is respect that, for fuck's sake.
Yeah, that's the internet for you. And the real world. Full of diverse thoughts rather than cookie cutter responses.

*smirk*

I can't say I was ever a very big Robin Williams fan, but his death seems to have hit me quite hard. I guess it's because I've always seen him as such a nice, down-to-earth kind of guy.

I know I'm going to get a lot of shit for this, but I do respect the man's wish to die. I fully believe that there are mental illnesses out there that can't be cured, and that some people can't be helped. And I personally can't imagine a worse torture than suffering inside of your own mind.

Maybe he made the right decision, maybe not. Either way, he's gone, and I will pass no judgements. RIP.

Yeah, that's the internet for you. And the real world. Full of diverse thoughts rather than cookie cutter responses.

*smirk*
I guess your mom never taught you if you have nothing nice to say, know your role and shut your mouth.

This is an important discussion because it also shines some light on depression itself.  It's a serious illness that many have no clue about.  I have a close family member that's dealing with it and I can tell you that I never understood it well until a loved one became diagnosed.  It's not just the mental symptoms, it has a physical effect on the body as well.  Most people are naturally ignorant of depression and just correlate it with somebody being sad all the time, but it's a lot more complicated than that.  As I've grown older and wised up, I've learned to empathize with people dealing with depression.  I feel bad for what he went through.  Some people just have natural thoughts about suicide but never take action.  So for him to go through with it highlights how his disease was as serious as it gets. 

RIP Robin Williams.

Rod - I always found that hot dog scene to be funny. 

*smirk*
You're a dipshit. Someone just killed himself. But you have to play the "I'm more enlightened and cooler than everyone else here" card?

This isn't about not offering opinions. This is about people who want to acknowledge in this thread the death of a man who did affect a lot of lives

If you don't care, then move on. Otherwise you're just trolling.

I can't say I was ever a very big Robin Williams fan, but his death seems to have hit me quite hard. I guess it's because I've always seen him as such a nice, down-to-earth kind of guy.

I know I'm going to get a lot of shit for this, but I do respect the man's wish to die. I fully believe that there are mental illnesses out there that can't be cured, and that some people can't be helped. And I personally can't imagine a worse torture than suffering inside of your own mind.

Maybe he made the right decision, maybe not. Either way, he's gone, and I will pass no judgements. RIP.
As someone who has personally struggled with depression and suicidal thoughts, I'm deeply upset by his actions, but I completely understand them. From what I've gathered, he'd battled with deep depression for most of his life.

*smirk*
As for you, your opinion wasn't diverse, just disrespectful. Were you born an asshole or do you have to work at it?

When I was a kid in elementary school, I used to love Mork and Mindy. I guess I enjoyed watching people high on coke as a youngster? You'd think we'd be able to recognize the signs by now.

Depression sucks though. Too bad he wasn't able to get the help he needed and wanted.

Cause of death was hanging himself using his belt. Police also found several cuts on his wrist and a knife nearby with dried blood.

bread's done
Back