Debating on Re-Buying the 360

Marbles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Last year after the debacle of E3 and the Xbox One, Microsoft lost quite a bit of my favor.
6months laters, I noticed I hadn't touched my 360 at all save for 1 game.. so I sold it and a large collection of games and got a hefty sum which I was happy with.

However like a fool, I got rid of the few games (RPGs, Vesperia, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon) that I absolutely adored, along with a few other console exclusives.

So, with the deal for $229 you get the 360 + 2-4 games under $20 each at Gamestop and the fact this weekend is a tax free holiday.. I am wondering if I should rebuy the console just for the games I remember fondly.

Even rebuying the console, I am still 3-4 times profit of what I sold it for.

Any thoughts or words of advice?

I could just use my roommates 360, but someday I feel it's better to own my own for years down the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sold off mine a couple times and rebought. I think I'm getting ready to sell again and I have the r2 one so its like its my buddy and not just an xbox...I just dont play it anymore.

Just wait until Black Friday... chances are, there's going to be a pretty good bundle. 

MS knows it fucked up with the Xbone but also knows the 360 has an established library and is very profitable. 

I went to the site but couldn't find the deal you mentioned. I would buy new or refurbished but not used. The games you can probably find around - Amazon has Blue Dragon for $11 and Lost Odessey for $13+, Tales and Eternal Sonata were on sale for $5/each on GoD, etc. If you don't plan on playing anytime soon I would recommend waiting until Black Friday (only 3.5 month away) for a deal on a new system and probably bundled with some games.

I went to the site but couldn't find the deal you mentioned. I would buy new or refurbished but not used. The games you can probably find around - Amazon has Blue Dragon for $11 and Lost Odessey for $13+, Tales and Eternal Sonata were on sale for $5/each on GoD, etc. If you don't plan on playing anytime soon I would recommend waiting until Black Friday (only 3.5 month away) for a deal on a new system and probably bundled with some games.
It was on their Summer Sale's flyer over the weekend, but you're right.. it's not there.

I went to the site but couldn't find the deal you mentioned. I would buy new or refurbished but not used. The games you can probably find around - Amazon has Blue Dragon for $11 and Lost Odessey for $13+, Tales and Eternal Sonata were on sale for $5/each on GoD, etc. If you don't plan on playing anytime soon I would recommend waiting until Black Friday (only 3.5 month away) for a deal on a new system and probably bundled with some games.
FOUND IT!

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/xbox-bundle

But the site only allows you to select instock games, where in store you might get a better selection.

OP just rebuy it and never sell it again, lol.

How dare you sell your 360. :p

I have an X1 as well but we actually still play the 360 sometimes.

It says choose two games, not 4. At least it's refurbished but I'd wait and buy new.
I said 2-4 on the original post because I didn't remember which it was.

I did say under 20 though, I also thought it had 2 controllers.

Isn't Refurbished their PC way of saying "used" now?

I am still questioning.

I got Vesperia cheap and unopened at a local store (Wal-Mart had it on clearance for $5 in one of their below $20 bins)

But how much will I play it.. and how much will black friday change things?

I am still questioning.

I got Vesperia cheap and unopened at a local store (Wal-Mart had it on clearance for $5 in one of their below $20 bins)

But how much will I play it.. and how much will black friday change things?
Refurbished is "supposed" to bring the system back to original factory specs but who knows what GS really means. Do they get these "refurbished" systems from a licensed vendor or do they just clean the case so it's shiny? Hence the reason I say go new.

Really up to you. I've only replayed probably a handful of RPGs - FFVIII, Lunar I & II, Vay, Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, and Chrono Trigger off the top of my head. I have a bunch more which are still factory sealed and afraid to open cuz I know I don't have time to finish them.

Refurbished is "supposed" to bring the system back to original factory specs but who knows what GS really means. Do they get these "refurbished" systems from a licensed vendor or do they just clean the case so it's shiny? Hence the reason I say go new.

Really up to you. I've only replayed probably a handful of RPGs - FFVIII, Lunar I & II, Vay, Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, and Chrono Trigger off the top of my head. I have a bunch more which are still factory sealed and afraid to open cuz I know I don't have time to finish them.
Same... and RPGs have really lose quite a bit of luster.

Looks like I was right.

Their consoles all say "Refurbished" and not "used" anymore

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/consoles/xbox-360?nav=28-xu0,1385-ffff2412-50-1d9

If you scroll to the final page they have "Pre-Owned" consoles there.

Just wait, 3.5 months is not far off and you'll prob get a few free games you can give to me for free for posting so much on this thread. :whistle2:

just kidding. O:)

bread's done
Back