GameFly August 2014 Used Game/Movie Sale: Titanfall (XB1) $20 and More (8/14-8/20)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
GameFly's used game sale is back; featuring low prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.

Sale goes live 8/14 at 10AM PST - Ends 8/20

:360: Xbox 360
Dark Souls $9.99
Thief $9.99
Need for Speed Rivals $12.99
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist $8.99
Turbo: Super Stunt Squad $8.99
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag $9.99
Batman: Arkham Origins $9.99
BioShock Infinite $9.99
Madden NFL 25 $9.99
Kinect Sports Season Two $12.99
LEGO: Marvel Super Heroes $12.99
Saints Row IV $12.99
Zoo Tycoon $14.99
Zumba Fitness World Party $17.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z $19.99

:ps3: PS3
Beyond: Two Souls $14.99
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 $19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z $19.99
Fast & Furious Showdown $8.99
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag $9.99
Batman: Arkham Origins $9.99
BioShock Infinite $9.99
Call of Duty: Ghosts $9.99
Thief $9.99
Magus $12.99
Saints Row IV $12.99
Deception IV: Blood Ties $17.99
Dragon's Crown $17.99
Ragnarok Odyssey Ace $17.99
The Witch and the Hundred Knight $17.99

:xb1: Xbox One
Fighter Within $9.99
Thief $12.99
Angry Birds: Star Wars $14.99
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes $17.99
Zoo Tycoon $17.99
Titanfall $19.99

:ps4: PS4
LEGO: Marvel Super Heroes $12.99
Putty Squad $12.99
Thief $12.99
Knack $14.99
Killzone: Shadow Fall $19.99
The LEGO Movie Videogame $19.99

:wii: Wii
SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the... $7.99
Ben 10 Omniverse 2 $8.99
Just Dance 2 $8.99
Turbo: Super Stunt Squad $8.99
Despicable Me $9.99

:3ds:  3DS
Beyblade: Evolution $8.99
Sonic Lost World $14.99
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team $17.99
Mario Golf: World Tour $17.99
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon $19.99

:vita: Vita
Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate $9.99
LEGO: Marvel Super Heroes: Universe in Peril $12.99
Resistance: Burning Skies $12.99
Dragon's Crown $14.99
Toukiden: The Age of Demons $17.99

:br: Blu-ray
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues $9.99
Gravity $9.99
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 $12.99
Frozen $12.99
Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug $12.99

That's a rather tempting price for Assassin's Creed IV, but I really don't think I need to add more to my backlog, especially when I still have III sitting on my shelf, unplayed.

I don't recommend even playing it.  I played through the first chapter and instantly traded it in.  The story wasn't interesting and I thought the computer AI was pretty dumb.  It's a very poor version of Dishonored which I enjoyed very much.

No one notice dragons crown?

Shits free right now on the plus.

I might get arkham origins finally though. Got 5 coupon so 5 bucks should be good for that game.

Ughhhh thief for $13 or wait?
Slam your head into a wall and use the 13 on a six pack and some beef jerky.

You'll have a way better night than any time spent on that travesty of a game.
I got it for PS3 for $13 last month. Waste of fucking money. That game sucks. It is a complete piece of shit. Just play Dishonored, it's tons better.

Beyond two worth it?
I enjoyed it. It's a lot like Heavy Rain in gameplay style, by that I mean it's more like watching a movie than playing a game. You may have to hit a button here and there, and there is a bit of limited exploration.

I got it at Christmas for $30 and I was pleased with it. There is also a smartphone app to play the game with as well, I recommend that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't recommend even playing it. I played through the first chapter and instantly traded it in. The story wasn't interesting and I thought the computer AI was pretty dumb. It's a very poor version of Dishonored which I enjoyed very much.
And Dishonored is the next free Games with Gold game.

tempted by Thief and Knack for PS4 but already have a backlog and I'm hoping Knack becomes a PS+ game in the future. 

Anybody notice anything very unusual on the PS3 list of games? What is Magus? Anyone play it and could describe it? It's a Aksys game and those are a bit obscure.

now i wish i hadnt bought lego marvel super heroes digitally, sure it was 2 bucks less but id pay an extra 2 bucks for the disc.

I enjoyed Beyond: Two Souls. It wasn't stellar by any means and the story has some pretty stupid moments. But, it really is like watching a movie. I don't remember dying once in the game. If you plan on getting the platinum good luck. One of the trophies is to get all the endings and there is like 20 of them.

Thoughts on Luigi's Mansion and/or Mario & Luigi: Dream Team at those prices?
I'm surprised that Dream Team hasn't hit $15 new yet. Bowser's Inside Story went on sale quickly, but this one is taking forever.

Anybody notice anything very unusual on the PS3 list of games? What is Magus? Anyone play it and could describe it? It's a Aksys game and those are a bit obscure.
I think Magus may actually be shittier than Thief, based on what I have read.

Then again it could be a cult classic, very hard to find game one day, since it sold like crap and was made by Aksys.

I think Magus may actually be shittier than Thief, based on what I have read.

Then again it could be a cult classic, very hard to find game one day, since it sold like crap and was made by Aksys.
that is actually what i thought of nier, and mirrors edge, yet other people seem to love it.

Damn deception 4, marvel lego and thief are nice prices. Ill grab all 3, thanks Ive been waiting for these to drop.

Nothing for me. Titanfall was free with my Bone, and I got Zoo Tycoon back in June for $11, during the Target pre-order thing. Sadly, the prices are OK here on the Bone, but the games are crap choices.

Think titanfall will be cheaper Black Friday(or even same price)? I probably won't buy a x1 until december'ish

Check out a video of Magus. Looks like a low budget action RPG type game.
Its god awful.

I was max level of 30 after like 45 minutes of being right at the start of the game. There is a small section at the start where I killed guys and leveled up, but I noticed everytime you level up you get more experience regardless of the level of what you kill. So I ran up to where I saw a boss character and I saved it and started over, after a half hour I was like level 20 killing level 1 guys that were by then giving me like 5k of experience per kill.

If you can hold down the fire button and move around you can win the game, really that's all it takes. I beat it in 3 days of light play and never died once or even touched a special ability. I just picked the green shooty things and ran around holding down R1.

Firstly, since when does GameFly RENT blu-rays in order to sell them during these sales...?

Secondly... FROZEN is showing "buy" price at $24.xx for me, I'm not missing anything right? The sale began already, I've checked twice, and that's the price marked under "buy" so I know I'm not asking the noob questions here....

Edit: Blame exhaustion, I didn't realize I posted after midnight and thought yesterday was the 14th. I'm an awful person, yaddah yaddah yaddah.

Firstly, since when does GameFly RENT blu-rays in order to sell them during these sales...?

Secondly... FROZEN is showing "buy" price at $24.xx for me, I'm not missing anything right? The sale began already, I've checked twice, and that's the price marked under "buy" so I know I'm not asking the noob questions here....
Sale starts tomorrow at 10 am pst

bread's done
Back