PSP GO Piano Black & Pearl White Refurbished Systems $59.99 Shipped @ GameStop.com

swatman27

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
I have a go its pretty neat and definitely was ahead of its time. A few years later with ps+ and more people willing to buy digital today and im sure the system would of done better. I really love its form factor though and its very portable.

You can't use your PS3 controller and get video output from the Vita. Plus, you can PAUSE a game and play another game, something Sony promised with the PS4.

It's a great system for RPGs.

Just got one for myself :)

I was sitting there for like ten minutes debating on whether I should get a black or white one. I ended up getting the black one though.

I own a white one the go is a nice device.  I lucked up when I bought mine it had like 10 games on it. Although I believe you cannot change the battery.  I think theses are probably new ones marked to move.  I have big hands and the controls are not made for long term gaming. 

anyone know if this psp is hackable?
Yes. I bought a Sony refurb'd PSP Go a few months ago for $60 and was able to easily add CFW to it on the newest firmware.

Amazing little handheld with a massive library of great games. I have 91 PSP games in my backlog currently.

I actually owned a Vita before getting a PSP but I prefer playing PSP games on the PSP screen in their original size/resolution and the hackable potential made it well worth the $60.

Fantastic little handheld. I have several, got them from GS last year; some came with games installed too. Main reason to get them is for CFW though, especially for older arcade/console games.

I recommend getting a PSP Go, pair it with a Dual Shock 3/needs a PS3, PSP Go component cables, PSP Go dock, and a PSP AC adapter for the dock. Also, a PSP to rip all of your UMDs. 

The only thing I didn't like about the PSP Go is that the largest M2 memory card that I have seen was 16GB. Honestly, at this point I kind of want the PSP Street/E-1000 at this price.

I recommend getting a PSP Go, pair it with a Dual Shock 3/needs a PS3, PSP Go component cables, PSP Go dock, and a PSP AC adapter for the dock.
Though by the time you buy all that stuff you might be better off just putting it toward the purchase of a Vita TV, I imagine the display of PSP games will be much cleaner via HDMI with a machine specifically designed to display on TV than one which it is a secondary function, especially if you don't intended to root the firmware. If I remember right, the PSP image on the TV has a lot of unused black space around the entire image and the only way to have it fill more of the screen is if your TV has a zoom function.

Doesn't the Vita do everything the Go would do?
No, FF Type-O full fan translation is out, with the GO you can play in on full screen and with controller. Japanese developers are still making games for it. If you want to play japanese RPGS on this that never came out for the US on your TV, you basically have to get this model hacked is your only option.

Go is easily hacked, just put customfirmware or whatever it is on it. No actual modding at all. Though when I had mine the game would sometimes crash and turn off or bug out, but it wasnt often and wasnt sure if it was a memory error or my hardware.

I'd get a PSP 2000 first, then consider a PSP Go later. Bigger screen and UMD support for the 2000, no UMDs for the Go. I have all models of the PSP, love them all.
Not going to happen. If anything everyone will convince you to buy the 2000 instead.
Supposedly if you hacked the Go, you could play ISOs from the UMDs...of course, I'd need a PSP 1-3K first anyway.

Custom things you can do and its small.
I think all of them have been hacked, the 3000 being the hardest to do it looked like.

Uh, I was actually going to stop in a GS today to pick up a PSP 2000? Can someone convince me to buy the GO instead?
Might be a little too late now it looks like they are OOS, but the go is one of my favorite systems. A tiny handheld with a decent screen that can play just about any PS1 title that you could desire (lots on the PSN, lots available elsewhere) and with an M2 card, it has a pretty decent amount of storage available. My PSN PS1 classic collection is now larger than 16 gigs, so I can't fit them all on either the on board storage or the card, but regardless, the battery (after two years of owning a pre-owned one) and at least 300 hours on it, the battery is still holding a fairly good charge.

I have a Vita and a go, and I still use my go almost daily. It's great to toss in an extra 10 minutes of a game then snap the screen shut when you get a few moment available.

I loved my white GO, bought mine for $60 when they clearance them out in GS brand new, I think it was 2 years ago.  I had 2 cases, cables, and memory card.  I ended up selling it all on eBay for $111 w the memory filled w games.

The vita is so much better I can't recommend the PSP in 2014 due to graphics @60. I did play a bunch of games on my PSP GO and enjoyed many of them, but I think $40 or less would be the sweet spot for a PSP.

Might be a little too late now it looks like they are OOS, but the go is one of my favorite systems. A tiny handheld with a decent screen that can play just about any PS1 title that you could desire (lots on the PSN, lots available elsewhere) and with an M2 card, it has a pretty decent amount of storage available. My PSN PS1 classic collection is now larger than 16 gigs, so I can't fit them all on either the on board storage or the card, but regardless, the battery (after two years of owning a pre-owned one) and at least 300 hours on it, the battery is still holding a fairly good charge.

I have a Vita and a go, and I still use my go almost daily. It's great to toss in an extra 10 minutes of a game then snap the screen shut when you get a few moment available.
I wonder how the images of PS1 games would work...I want to play that old classic Spider-Man game again (form Neversoft).

I loved my white GO, bought mine for $60 when they clearance them out in GS brand new, I think it was 2 years ago. I had 2 cases, cables, and memory card. I ended up selling it all on eBay for $111 w the memory filled w games.

The vita is so much better I can't recommend the PSP in 2014 due to graphics @60. I did play a bunch of games on my PSP GO and enjoyed many of them, but I think $40 or less would be the sweet spot for a PSP.
I do agree the price isn't that good on them, but I did see a sign at a GS that as of September 1, they will no longer take PSP stuff.

If anybody interested, I have an OEM PSP Go (PSP-N1000 series) Traveler Case (in clam plastic box/sealed/uopened) that I picked up at Sears for $0.97 cent. Asking $3 shipped via PayPal. LMK.

traveler-case---blackspgo.jpg

I recommend getting a PSP Go, pair it with a Dual Shock 3/needs a PS3, PSP Go component cables, PSP Go dock, and a PSP AC adapter for the dock. Also, a PSP to rip all of your UMDs.

The only thing I didn't like about the PSP Go is that the largest M2 memory card that I have seen was 16GB. Honestly, at this point I kind of want the PSP Street/E-1000 at this price.
Yep, I just checked my PSP-Go and it's maxed out at 16Gb internal / 16 Gb Expansion. I never understood the storage limitation either.

I got all of my accessories for dirt cheap at Toys R Us.. it may be too late for some to find accessories there anymore.

Does anyone know where I can find a (CHEAP) PSP 2000 Power supply? I need one for my PSP-Go dock.

I'd get a PSP 2000 first, then consider a PSP Go later. Bigger screen and UMD support for the 2000, no UMDs for the Go. I have all models of the PSP, love them all.
Funny, I prefer not to carry around a bunch of UMDs & possibly damage them in my bag.

They're oos right now, but they keep getting restocked randomly. I was going to buy one a few weeks ago but got hesitant, and then the next day they were gone. I almost cried.  But when I checked last night they were back. A lot of them will probably be brand new (not in original box) since GameStop has a habit of marking their old new products as used. GameStop is a silly place.

I have a go its pretty neat and definitely was ahead of its time. A few years later with ps+ and more people willing to buy digital today and im sure the system would of done better. I really love its form factor though and its very portable.
If PSN didn't suck it would've done well. I bought one two months ago and it was quicker to jail break it and bootleg games then download the games purshaed when I had a PSP3000.

I just picked one up at my local gamespot.  Called ahead to make sure they had one.  Nifty little system for $60, the unit had no scratches, just a little bit of wear on the "Sony" label at the top.  Ordered a 16Gig m2 card, which spiked the price since those cards seems fairly hard to find at this point.  Sony loves dat proprietary memory shit.  In any case I'm looking forward to this being essentialy a portable emulation machine for all the classics.

I just picked one up at my local gamespot. Called ahead to make sure they had one. Nifty little system for $60, the unit had no scratches, just a little bit of wear on the "Sony" label at the top. Ordered a 16Gig m2 card, which spiked the price since those cards seems fairly hard to find at this point. Sony loves dat proprietary memory shit. In any case I'm looking forward to this being essentialy a portable emulation machine for all the classics.
if you can find the av cables you can play it on your tv using your DS3, really small and really good emulator machine ;)

Make sure you guys hold onto your receipts, I bought a PSP GO used once from Gamestop, and the battery stopped holding a charge one day before I could return it for a full refund.

This so much. I have just about every CPS1 and 2 arcade game and Neo Geo game on my Go. Used an Axisadapter to stick a Sixaxis pcb in a Madcatz SE case and paired it with the Go so I can play them on my tv.

Return period remains 30 days for this, correct? I have no idea why I ordered one and I wanna make sure I have plenty of time to check it out and make sure it works properly and I actually will use it

bread's done
Back