* * * - - 2 votes

Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because IDK! 3DS Collector's edition on Amazon for $13!

#31 ElektroDragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   835 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

ElektroDragon

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:51 PM

I'm a huge Adventure Time fan.. and this game is really a slap in the face to fans. Boring, repetitive, and uninspired. Don't waste your time.

Actually, its the closest true roguelike I've ever seen since the real roguelikes (Moria, Angband, etc). I think its brilliant.

#32 alextastic   keepin' it real. CAGiversary!   1066 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

alextastic

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:24 PM

I want Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?!! Any deals on that?

#33 Neuropod   Such a lust for revenge! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO?! CAGiversary!   2363 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:26 PM

Ha, heck no, the CE for that game has inflated in price, probably why they produced so many of this version. Standard ed. has been very cheap though, I remember $10 from gamefly among other deals.

Wayforward has a third Adventure Time game coming out this year, wonder if it'll get a CE too. Or be half-decent.

#34 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14162 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:31 PM

I don't follow the show all that much tbh, at least not since the end of Season 4, but it sucks how they've backed off on stuff like the Marceline/Bubblegum relationship.  

Oh yeah, I had to re-watch that video on Youtube. Maybe they dropped it because the lesbian undertones were too risky and they didn't want to lose fans. It's apparent that Bubblegum likes Marceline as more than just a friend given that she wears Marceline's shirt all the time and snorts it when she gets up in the morning.

There are a lot of good ideas in the show. I would love to see more of Marceline and the Ice King. And it was brilliant when they defined gender roles in romance with Marshall Lee seducing Fionna and then having her reject him. Females always play the submissive it seems, and it was a nice feminist lesson for kids. Ice King always kidnaps them, and they always refuse, but that's besides the point.

#35 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2602 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:20 PM

I went ahead and picked it up. The game might not be very good, but at these prices it's worth it for the collector's steel case. I just want that B-MO on my shelf.

#36 gamersss101  

gamersss101

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:32 PM

the price already 11$... :( too late to grab it.. :(

#37 thehoweller   IllegalCouponPrinter CAGiversary!   1280 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

thehoweller

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:51 PM

the price already 11$... :( too late to grab it.. :(

Be happy...do not buy this junk.

#38 PetersHere   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2652 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:49 PM

This is a deal?  =;

#39 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3583 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:32 PM

When the reason to do something is IDK.. abort. Abort immediately.