GameStick Console - Stick and Controller for $20 with S&H @Gamestop

AznDragon89

CAGiversary!
here gamestop

What's Under The Hood

Processor - Amlogic 8726-MXS

Memory - 1GB DDR3 / 8GB FLASH

Content Download Manager w/ cloud storage for games.

WiFi - 802.11 b/g/n

Bluetooth - LE 4.0

O/S - Android Jelly Bean Controller - Bluetooth

Full 1080p HD video decoding

Upgrade memory via microSD card slot

Support for iOS and Android mobile devices to be used as controllers

Support for XBMC from Sept via optional firmware update

Last edited by a moderator:
For the record, it's a very capable $20 HD XBMC streaming device. I challenge anyone to find one that does this for less $....

As a game system, I can't really recommend it. But considering I could tether it to my phone, take it on the road, and have an entire library of movies and shows through XBMC for $20,it's a great device.

I couldn't even set it up. I put in the Internet password and it kept asking me to do it. I don't know what is with the software. I didn't even get an option to skip that.

The controller is pure junk.

Not for gaming. At all.

Yeah it's complete trash! Nobody buy it... that way I can buy a bunch of them so all of my friends can have a media hub for EXTREMELY cheap.

I think I'd roll the dice on one of these if I could pick it up in store, but there's nothing within 100 miles. Ah well, probably wouldn't have used it much anyway.

Got mine today.  It is trivial to install the Amazon App Store.  Installing the Play Store requires a little effort.  Netflix streams well, and Onlive is alright as well (given my horrible internet), though the controller only has two shoulder buttons, which would be a problem for some games on Onlive.  In addition to the controller and power cord, It is packed with an OTG type cable and HDMI extension cord.  With the OTG cable you can easily hook up to a  USB hub, mouse and keyboard.  It makes for a halfway decent mini Android computer.  It would also make a nice Android TV stick.  I would get another (one for the tv and one for the extra hdmi on my monitor), but it is a little under powered.  There are a decent amount of games on the Play Store that are incompatible.

PS: It was a little over $23 with shipping and tax.

so is this worth it? Wanted a upnp extender or xbmc stick. Need wifi and i hear its iffy on this guy
It might be a little iffy. I get some popup messages that the "internet connected" sometimes (I don't know when it disconnects), but it doesn't interrupt a Netflix stream or Google Play download. It does cause Amazon downloads to fail on occasion, though this happens sometimes, but less often, on other Android devices I have. It might be more of my internet.

bread's done
Back