* * - - - 3 votes

Target Ad 8/24-8/30

#1 Konfusion   Bleeding Purple and Black CAGiversary!   1558 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:44 AM

:ps4: Save $40 on 1 year PS+ when you buy a PS4

:xb1: Free $35 gift card with purchase of any Xbox One bundle 

:xb1: Xbox One Madden 15 bundle new this week - $399.99

Free $10 gift card when you buy any Madden 15 game and one select 10-11 oz bag of Doritos

Doritos include unlock code for Madden Ultimate Team rookie pack - Target exclusive

Credit to bainbridge's_stache @ blu-ray.com forums

OrganizedChaos11.png

#2 Blabadon   I just like video games CAGiversary!   2114 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:55 AM

This thread brought to you by Geoff Keighley

fekhvr.jpg

LifeSONG.png

#3 Lil Frier   Has been playing The Golf Club
XONE

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:06 PM

Man, Doritos suck, and you're telling me I have to buy a bag? I guess my cousin's getting some free Doritos, because I want those Pokémon cards.

Lil+Frier.png

Currently Playing: :xb1:: Powerstar Golf, Halo: TMCC, The Golf Club; :wiiu:: SSB U, Mario Kart 8; :pc:: NONE

#4 rcerboss  

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:10 PM

Man, Doritos suck, and you're telling me I have to buy a bag? I guess my cousin's getting some free Doritos, because I want those Pokémon cards.

What's wrong with Doritos?  Are you sure it's not your tastes in chips that sucks?

well i asked whether you stood behind your opinions and you said "Always" so i offered up the same bet that i gave to Fire Thief. You think the price of the xbox one will drop to $300 + 2 games by end of year? Let's put a bet on it.

WHERE'S MY CHILDS PLAY DONATION CONFUCIUS!?

#5 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   682 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:16 PM

Not a bad madden deal I have tons of credit

#6 Geco17   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2326 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:18 PM

:ps4: Save $40 on 1 year PS+ when you buy a PS4

:xb1: Free $35 gift card with purchase of any Xbox One bundle 

:xb1: Xbox One Madden 15 bundle new this week - $399.99

Free $10 gift card when you buy any Madden 15 game and one select 10-11 oz bag of Doritos

Doritos include unlock code for Madden Ultimate Team rookie pack - Target exclusive

Credit to bainbridge's_stache @ blu-ray.com forums

So does that mean you get $15 total if you buy the bag of Doritos and had the pre order?

337782.png

#7 Konfusion   Bleeding Purple and Black CAGiversary!   1558 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:23 PM

So does that mean you get $15 total if you buy the bag of Doritos and had the pre order?

I don't see why not.

OrganizedChaos11.png

#8 stewa24  

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:52 PM

How badly is the Xbone selling that they have to keep bundling games with it to sell? Not a troll but a serious question.

#9 rcerboss  

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:42 PM

How badly is the Xbone selling that they have to keep bundling games with it to sell? Not a troll but a serious question.

I don't think it's doing too hot.  To be fair though isn't this the first bundle aimed at sports fans?  And most of the Madden crowd don't play the same things we do, the bundle seems like a good idea to me.

well i asked whether you stood behind your opinions and you said "Always" so i offered up the same bet that i gave to Fire Thief. You think the price of the xbox one will drop to $300 + 2 games by end of year? Let's put a bet on it.

WHERE'S MY CHILDS PLAY DONATION CONFUCIUS!?

#10 robErob  

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:49 PM

And don't forget about the trade in special they have for Madden next week as well

#11 x360x   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   480 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:49 PM

I don't think it's doing too hot. To be fair though isn't this the first bundle aimed at sports fans? And most of the Madden crowd don't play the same things we do, the bundle seems like a good idea to me.

Everyone is different but I wouldn't expect people that just play Madden to buy a console just because it comes with it. While I could have kinda seen it for tf, even it couldn't help sell more xbones. Unfortunately tf was really bad for me and was only fun for a few weeks

#12 alextastic   keepin' it real. CAGiversary!   879 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

alextastic

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:54 PM

Huh. Was about to buy a PS4 on Saturday and save $30 on PS+, but I guess I'll wait till the 24th and save an extra $10. : P

#13 pantherking1983  

pantherking1983

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:05 PM

And don't forget about the trade in special they have for Madden next week as well

target has a trade in deal ? 

#14 Bobby's Universe   All I Do is Win!!! CAGiversary!   1939 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Bobby's Universe

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:21 PM

target has a trade in deal ?

Yea I think you could trade in any game for $10 towards madden
Currently Playing
Untitled-2.gif BF4, Destiny, NBA 2k15
ps3108.gif Destiny: House of Wolves!
1tp4rst.gif Watch Dogs
wii109.gif Scarface The World Is Yours
3ds120.gif Mario Kart 7

#15 Lil Frier   Has been playing The Golf Club
XONE

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:07 PM

What's wrong with Doritos?  Are you sure it's not your tastes in chips that sucks?

I just generally don't have a strong love for chips, since they are such a waste of eating. You can eat a whole bag of chips and be just as hungry as when you opened the bag. However, I just generally don't care for the taste of Doritos, though they work better as tacos. Pringles are a lot better.

Lil+Frier.png

Currently Playing: :xb1:: Powerstar Golf, Halo: TMCC, The Golf Club; :wiiu:: SSB U, Mario Kart 8; :pc:: NONE

#16 alextastic   keepin' it real. CAGiversary!   879 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

alextastic

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:11 PM

I just generally don't have a strong love for chips, since they are such a waste of eating. You can eat a whole bag of chips and be just as hungry as when you opened the bag.

That's just the MSG, man. Tricks your brain into thinking it wants more, no matter how much you eat.

#17 Lil Frier   Has been playing The Golf Club
XONE

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:44 PM

That's just the MSG, man. Tricks your brain into thinking it wants more, no matter how much you eat.

You make it sound like I just took an illegal drug. I'm now afraid that I could go to jail if pulled over by a cop with a bag of chips in my car.

Lil+Frier.png

#18 alextastic   keepin' it real. CAGiversary!   879 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

alextastic

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:58 PM

You make it sound like I just took an illegal drug. I'm now afraid that I could go to jail if pulled over by a cop with a bag of chips in my car.

It's only a felony when it's larger than a snack size bag.

#19 BryanDGAF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   472 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:18 PM

This thread brought to you by Geoff Keighley

Dorito Pope has returned to all his glory in the Mountain Dew throne to give us the gift of Doritos and funny angry joe interviews!

#20 dxironman   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   26 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

dxironman

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:13 PM

"Gamers love junk food" 

#21 Konfusion   Bleeding Purple and Black CAGiversary!   1558 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:24 PM

this is what we have to look forward to as gamers

Spoiler

OrganizedChaos11.png

#22 machinematrix   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   72 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

machinematrix

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:46 PM

Doritos crash course game of the year

#23 Sneaktip   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   84 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Sneaktip

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:07 PM

I don't think it's doing too hot.  To be fair though isn't this the first bundle aimed at sports fans?  And most of the Madden crowd don't play the same things we do, the bundle seems like a good idea to me.

I play all kinds of games including sports games.  EA Sports NHL Hockey is the reason I bought a Sega Genesis when I already had a SNES. 

Sports games give new consoles a big push, they are among the first genres to fully embrace next gen graphics and they help boost the install base of new consoles.  See Fight Night on the 360, and FIFA/UFC on the new gen consoles now.

This bundle is a smart idea by MS.  I want an NHL 15 XBone bundle.  :)

#24 LaffyTaffy   Banned Banned   180 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

LaffyTaffy

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:16 PM

$10 for a 1yr of ps plus for real son?

#25 alextastic   keepin' it real. CAGiversary!   879 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

alextastic

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:34 PM

$10 for a 1yr of ps plus for real son?

Not bad, right?

#26 LaffyTaffy   Banned Banned   180 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

LaffyTaffy

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:01 AM

Not bad, right?

It's real good

#27 JetTone   Life CAGiversary!   2759 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:29 AM

They did have the FIFA bundle in Europe and that didn't sell too well. But they have like 2 other bundles coming out later this year too. Honestly it seems like a good deal if you're interested in the game but it will probably make no difference. People will buy and play whatever system their friends has and right now that's leaning towards the PS4.

#28 AtomicFire7  

AtomicFire7

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:54 AM

Yea I think you could trade in any game for $10 towards madden

Where did you see this? Can you give me a link or something? I can't find anything on it. I did find that best buy has a deal where if you trade in madden 25 for towards 15, you get like $25 or something. If there is an actual deal going on like that at target, I just might consider getting back into madden. It's been a few years since I played that garbage, but I'm jonesing for my football fix.

#29 Bobby's Universe   All I Do is Win!!! CAGiversary!   1939 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Bobby's Universe

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:02 AM

Where did you see this? Can you give me a link or something? I can't find anything on it. I did find that best buy has a deal where if you trade in madden 25 for towards 15, you get like $25 or something. If there is an actual deal going on like that at target, I just might consider getting back into madden. It's been a few years since I played that garbage, but I'm jonesing for my football fix.

It's on the Target thread for next week's ad
Currently Playing
Untitled-2.gif BF4, Destiny, NBA 2k15
ps3108.gif Destiny: House of Wolves!
1tp4rst.gif Watch Dogs
wii109.gif Scarface The World Is Yours
3ds120.gif Mario Kart 7

#30 AtomicFire7  

AtomicFire7

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:28 AM

It's on the Target thread for next week's ad

Thanks. I'm real interested in how this will work. If it I can do multiple games and use multiple $10 coupons, I will definitely buy it. However, if it's limit 1 like I'm guessing it will be, I'll still have to decide whether or not to cave and get back into madden.