Converting best buy gift cards

devastationnation

CAGiversary!
Hey guys hopefully this is the appropriate place for this post. Ran into a little problem, i have $500 in BestBuy gift cards and all of a sudden all BestBuy's near me stopped supplying Amazon gift cards. They claim they will be discontinuing them and i am unable to verify this. Kind of ridiculous since they sell kindle tablets and don't provide their cards. My question to everyone is what are my options for moving my credit? Thank you and have a nice day!

Oh, crap. I went to a store to exchange too and they didn't have any cards and a manager went to check because it was their restock day and he said they didn't get their supply. I hope it's not the case, but I'll look out for that.

Hey guys hopefully this is the appropriate place for this post. Ran into a little problem, i have $500 in BestBuy gift cards and all of a sudden all BestBuy's near me stopped supplying Amazon gift cards. They claim they will be discontinuing them and i am unable to verify this. Kind of ridiculous since they sell kindle tablets and don't provide their cards. My question to everyone is what are my options for moving my credit? Thank you and have a nice day!
I think you're right as the BestBuy I work at does not carry them anymore. Have you tried to convert your cards using this:

https://www.coinstar.com/coinstarexchange

Last edited by a moderator:
Found a little solution to my problem in case there are others in the same situation. There should be best buy visa prepaid gift cards you can load for a maximum of $200 and a fee of $5.95? I was able to use my best buy gift cards on them and the register accepted it no problem. Hopefully you won't find a strict employee and if you do make up a very very good story. An example I can think of would be "I literally traded all my stuff to you guys so I can afford my textbooks for my kindle but you guys stopped supplying kindle cards so I have to do this now otherwise I'm in big trouble." Thanks for the earlier responses and good luck to you all!

I think you're right as the BestBuy I work at does not carry them anymore. Have you tried to convert your cards using this:

https://www.coinstar.com/coinstarexchange
What's the fee?

30%?! GTFO

Found a little solution to my problem in case there are others in the same situation. There should be best buy visa prepaid gift cards you can load for a maximum of $200 and a fee of $5.95? I was able to use my best buy gift cards on them and the register accepted it no problem. Hopefully you won't find a strict employee and if you do make up a very very good story. An example I can think of would be "I literally traded all my stuff to you guys so I can afford my textbooks for my kindle but you guys stopped supplying kindle cards so I have to do this now otherwise I'm in big trouble." Thanks for the earlier responses and good luck to you all!
That's literally a large part of the problem.

bread's done
Back