* * * * * 11 votes

Amazon Trade-In FAQ 6.0

Amazon Trade-In Amazon Trade-In FAQ 6.0 Amz TIV

#10981 klimb22   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2341 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 09:30 PM

What's the prevailing wisdom regarding sending in two separate trades (with similar items) in the same box? I was going to rubber band the documentation to each respective item.

Bad Idea? 

or

Good Idea?

It has worked out for most folks, but some (including myself) will not do it at all for a few reasons. The biggest being that if your package gets lost you have no dog in the fight for the trade-in(s) that doesn't have any tracking information.

#10982 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   44585 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 09:34 PM

It has worked out for most folks, but some (including myself) will not do it at all for a few reasons. The biggest being that if your package gets lost you have no dog in the fight for the trade-in(s) that doesn't have any tracking information.

That's why I won't do it.  No way to prove you sent it in since the tracking number wouldn't show it being picked up by UPS.

#10983 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   6608 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted Yesterday, 09:42 PM

If you guys are buying all of this Disney Infinity stuff pieced out at GS, you will be missing the playset piece. It's an integral part of the starter set and is required to play the game unless you just want to play the toybox mode. Hopefully the graders don't know this. 

Here's the cheapest one I could find. Maybe there are cheaper options out there. I wouldn't bother sending the starter set in without it, but hopefully I'm wrong. 

http://www.ebay.com/...=item1ea1900715

Open spoiler at your own risk.

Spoiler

#10984 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   44585 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 09:43 PM

If you guys are buying all of this Disney Infinity stuff pieced out at GS, you will be missing the playset piece. It's an integral part of the starter set and is required to play the game unless you just want to play the toybox mode. Hopefully the graders don't know this. 

Here's the cheapest one I could find. Maybe there are cheaper options out there. I wouldn't bother sending the starter set in without it, but hopefully I'm wrong. 

http://www.ebay.com/...=item1ea1900715

Well, shit, there goes that good idea?

#10985 jkam   Smash It Up CAGiversary!   10595 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 09:47 PM

You were the one who did post it and you did get both of them graded as G.

Senior moment? Blond moment?  Somewhere in between?

Maybe just being smacked around lately by Ashley has me disoriented. 

jkam2.png

Quitter (My Band)    -    Trade List    -    Join Bing Rewards

#10986 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   6608 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted Yesterday, 09:55 PM

I feel like I've seen one at Gamestop, but I think it was tagged $14.99. It might have been another playset piece though. I didn't look too closely because I already own them. I know if I bought a starter set on Amazon and it didn't have that piece I would be upset and return it. The question is if graders know this or not. Ymmv I suppose. It might not be worth the risk.  

Spoiler

#10987 sovereignNX-73811   Classified as his own niche of a niche CAGiversary!   4116 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted Yesterday, 10:09 PM

I feel like I've seen one at Gamestop, but I think it was tagged $14.99. It might have been another playset piece though. I didn't look too closely because I already own them. I know if I bought a starter set on Amazon and it didn't have that piece I would be upset and return it. The question is if graders know this or not. Ymmv I suppose. It might not be worth the risk.  

Yeah I thought I saw some clear cubes yesterday but I didn't know because...well I've never opened a DI starter set before. Ugh. I guess it's a good thing I bought a new starter set off Amazon after all. I can't find a listing for them on GS' site though. Oooh shoot...

Infamously known to post this gif waaay too much:

Spoiler

Current Playlist: 

Spoiler

#10988 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   6608 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted Yesterday, 10:40 PM

Yeah I thought I saw some clear cubes yesterday but I didn't know because...well I've never opened a DI starter set before. Ugh. I guess it's a good thing I bought a new starter set off Amazon after all. I can't find a listing for them on GS' site though. Oooh shoot...

I failed because I was reading over this thread last night, but was so tired that I didn't realize no one mentioned the playset piece. I'm just going to send in my 360 starter set without a box and replace the game with the wii u game. I'll worry about replacing my starter set stuff and my Mrs. Incredible figure if this actually gets accepted. I've been buying stuff on amazon like a madman. I can't believe I'm running low on credit. 

Spoiler

#10989 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   44585 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 10:53 PM

I failed because I was reading over this thread last night, but was so tired that I didn't realize no one mentioned the playset piece. I'm just going to send in my 360 starter set without a box and replace the game with the wii u game. I'll worry about replacing my starter set stuff and my Mrs. Incredible figure if this actually gets accepted. I've been buying stuff on amazon like a madman. I can't believe I'm running low on credit. 

The more I read about the potential gotchas on this one, the less I'm thinking it's going to work large-scale.  Maybe a few here and there, though wide-spread, probably not.

I've also been buying a number of items of recent, though they're not every Vita known to man like some other people I can mention in here.

#10990 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   6608 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted Yesterday, 11:03 PM

The more I read about the potential gotchas on this one, the less I'm thinking it's going to work large-scale.  Maybe a few here and there, though wide-spread, probably not.

I've also been buying a number of items of recent, though they're not every Vita known to man like some other people I can mention in here.

One can never have too many Vita variants. I've been buying games, but I've also been buying stuff I would have otherwise spent cash to buy. I've been subscribing and saving like never before. 

Spoiler

#10991 slowdive21   CAG/Archivist of Pop Culture CAGiversary!   11258 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted Today, 01:58 AM

I found 3 monkey and 2 sonic in my collection. I noticed some of the discs are full color and some are one color. I assume the originals/older ones are the full color?

#10992 thebranman   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

thebranman

Posted Today, 02:53 AM

Gamestop does sell the piece. It's $6.99 ($6.29 PUR). I can't find it on their website, but on the receipt it's listed as Monster/Incred/Pirate Level 108057.

#10993 Person808   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   655 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Person808

Posted Today, 08:50 AM

Question for you guys sending in the Sega Fun Pack with Sonic and Super Monkey Ball, is it better to send it disc only? I'd imagine if you send it with the original artwork with upc might run into problems? 

#10994 averageguy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   518 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 10:06 AM

I accidently selected do not return for my trade in . Is their anyway to change that so if i get my stuff rejected i won't lose out and not get my items returned

Xbox Live Gamertage: Southtownguy
Systems Owned: Xbox, Xbox 360 Premium, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Sega Dreamcast, Game Boy Advance, Onyx DS Lite, Psp,
Help Sponsor me in my 2013 Step out Walk for Diabetes. I have had diabetes more the half my life. any size donation of any amount would be appreciated

http://stepout.diabe...793&pg=personal

#10995 Narukami   has the Rinnegan! CAGiversary!   1250 Posts   Joined 1.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 10:54 AM

I accidently selected do not return for my trade in . Is their anyway to change that so if i get my stuff rejected i won't lose out and not get my items returned

If the value is still there, relock it in. Otherwise, no.

#10996 sladeums   fnord CAGiversary!   1243 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 10:58 AM

:ds: Metroid Prime Pinball (G) $4.57 (A) $3.77
http://www.amazon.co...duct/B000BD8FXU
$2.99
http://www.gamestop....e-pinball/39692

:wii: No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle (G) $10.29 (A) $8.49
http://www.amazon.co...duct/B002BRZ9AG
$6.99
http://www.gamestop....-struggle/75209

sladeums.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Amazon, Trade-In, Amazon Trade-In FAQ 6.0, Amz TIV