* * * * - 16 votes

Amazon Trade-In FAQ 6.0

Amazon Trade-In Amazon Trade-In FAQ 6.0 Amz TIV

#18361 icemagician  

icemagician

Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:38 PM

You have up until a month for Amazon to receive the item to receive the credit. Regardless, locking in doesn't hurt you, you don't have to mail in trades just because you lock them in.

Oh. Are there any penalties for sending it in late? I wanted to wait because it was going to take a week to get delivered. I wanted to have enough time to get them to the ups drop location. The trade in option came back up so I got lucky this time.  :D/

Persona1379.png

icemagician.png

#18362 Vigilante   CAG is the Key CAGiversary!   35978 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:15 PM

Oh. Are there any penalties for sending it in late? I wanted to wait because it was going to take a week to get delivered. I wanted to have enough time to get them to the ups drop location. The trade in option came back up so I got lucky this time.  :D/

Nope, no penalties for sending in late--I've sent in things 14 days after locking them in and they were accepted without issue. Just don't wait too long.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing:  :ds: Dragon Quest VI :ps4: Metro 2033 Redux :ps3: TLoH: Trails of Cold Steel 2 :vita: AT: Secret of the Nameless Kingdom; Ys: Memories of Celceta

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games: :ps4: Wheels of Aurelia (3.0/5) :vita: P4: Dancing All Night [UK] (4.25/5)

#18363 Theronm  

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:59 AM

When did Amazon start selling Gamestop gift cards again? Or have they always done it and I'm going crazy?

https://www.amazon.c...estop gift card

#18364 crazyed  

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:47 AM

Finally decided to join CAG.  Traded in prior to the new rules and before they were picky on what they took in for games even with cases, manuals and all.  But since there is no rating condition system now that I see how has everyones trades been for acceptance with disc only or cartridge only?  I have 2 DS games and 4 Xbox 360 games want to turn in and don't have cases for these things and rather not deal with the wait for return on denial.

#18365 bengi15  

Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:55 PM

When did Amazon start selling Gamestop gift cards again? Or have they always done it and I'm going crazy?

https://www.amazon.c...estop gift card

pretty sure they sell it before then they dont have stock. now restock i think.

#18366 SharkSocks  

SharkSocks

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:28 PM

I'm just sending the disc, I don't play mine anyways, so if it goes through cool, if not whatever. Debating on picking up a second copy from GameStop but rejection would hurt at that point so idk

Sent my disc only copy and got it rejected.

Just got some credit from trading in 3 X1 kinects, though, so I spent it on the Destiny Collection for PS4. Gonna take the code, redeem it, then trade it back in for my locked in value of $18. $20 for all the DLC ain't bad.

#18367 Confidance   Just a guy CAGiversary!   1461 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:54 PM

So nice of them to accept two copies of Destiny the Collection when I only sent 1. I did, however send the collection cover art that I got from gamestop's promo box

#18368 Dashey10  

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:56 AM

Just got off of chat from Amazon. I got a $50 gift card coming in for the 3 items I traded in that were rejected but never sent back.

Get $15 credits from Tokyo Otaku Mode with you sign up with my referral link here

#18369 Confidance   Just a guy CAGiversary!   1461 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:38 AM

Didnt know they worked so late. I just had a trade completed 10 minutes ago. CST, 11:19 pm

#18370 Hiro0015   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   251 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:07 AM

Had my 2 XBONE Kinects accepted, no problem =D

#18371 Cactuar777   Cubs Faithful CAGiversary!   156 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Cactuar777

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:30 AM

Not gaming-related, but I just had a textbook rejected for "spine damage". Apparently it was completely detached from the pages. This was a brand new book that i didn't so much as open.

I'm fighting for that $120.

#18372 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   7914 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:01 AM

Not gaming-related, but I just had a textbook rejected for "spine damage". Apparently it was completely detached from the pages. This was a brand new book that i didn't so much as open.

That might be worth taking a photo or a video of the book/whatever valuable item right before you put it into the package, just for occasions like this.

Anak+Chuckatoa.png

xkcd comics: Zealous Autoconfig | RTFM | Borders | A random comic strip

GameStop TIV comparison spreadsheet --> https://docs.google....zkYs/edit#gid=0

#18373 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4601 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:49 PM

Didnt know they worked so late. I just had a trade completed 10 minutes ago. CST, 11:19 pm

Had my 2 XBONE Kinects accepted, no problem =D

How many days were your trade ins in processing for?
"...don't be sensitive and angry at the sh!t that I wrote
Cause if you can take a Fuck n d!ck, you can take a joke" -IT

lol

#18374 Confidance   Just a guy CAGiversary!   1461 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:33 PM

#18375 ritchardf  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:46 PM

it seems like accessories go through quite a bit faster. I sent 4 packages at the same time, an accessory, a collector's edition and 2 regular games, the collector's edition and accessory were graded the day after delivery, 1 of the games processed today (day 2) and the last game is still in process. although I will say it might be a slow time for them right now because everything i send is going through at lot faster than it used to.

#18376 DisGonnaBeGood   Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby! CAGiversary!   2642 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:40 PM

I had a grader reject a textbook trade, due to the back cover having a huge gash down the back cover. Thing is, it was the grader who cut it with their box knife. Called Amazon, got my credit no problem.

Personal trade thread

"A motherf***ing bunny"

HFSjU9D.png?1

#18377 cheapbastard   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   445 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

cheapbastard

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:38 PM

Quick question guys. When u lock in a trade for 2 identical items but only send one in can they reject it? Tia.

#18378 icemagician  

icemagician

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:37 AM

Quick question guys. When u lock in a trade for 2 identical items but only send one in can they reject it? Tia.

No. They'll only give you credit for one but it's going to count towards your 2 games per three month period limit.

Persona1379.png

icemagician.png

#18379 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49779 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:46 AM

No. They'll only give you credit for one but it's going to count towards your 2 games per three month period limit.

If you do a trade-in for two games and only have one sent in, the other one will eventually expire unless you send it in.   If it expires, it doesn't count towards your 2-game limit, only ones that are paid out. 

My personal preference is to only lock in single games on a trade-in, except in rare cases. 

#18380 Cactuar777   Cubs Faithful CAGiversary!   156 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Cactuar777

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:01 AM

That might be worth taking a photo or a video of the book/whatever valuable item right before you put it into the package, just for occasions like this.

This was literally the only time I haven't done that. Figures, right?

I had a grader reject a textbook trade, due to the back cover having a huge gash down the back cover. Thing is, it was the grader who cut it with their box knife. Called Amazon, got my credit no problem.

Hopefully (?) that's the case here. I've already called and politely told them that if I don't receive a pristine book back then I would be calling again.

#18381 Navex   The Media Jerk CAGiversary!   1152 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:25 PM

Is Amazon still anal about manual slips being included in trade-ins? I have something here to get rid of but it doesn't have the slip. The last time I tried sending them something that didn't even come with one they rejected it for not including the slip. It's only worth 3 bucks to them but if they're just going to reject it because it doesn't have a slip that contains the controls and nothing else then I'll just save my time since it takes them like 3 years to return anything they reject and usually it looks like it's been through war when it gets back to you.

My main review channel for movies, TV and games:
https://www.youtube....Sty08yonijY6GeQ

#18382 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49779 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:42 PM

Why can't you just reprint the paperwork?

#18383 YoshiFan1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9815 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:44 PM

Not anymore since there are no longer good and acceptable values and just working condition.

#18384 ritchardf  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:16 AM

so is it 30 days from the time they get the trade in that has become acceptable to contact when a rejected item hasnt been returned?

#18385 Navex   The Media Jerk CAGiversary!   1152 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:21 AM

Why can't you just reprint the paperwork?

Is there a site that has a collection of game manual slips? It would be pretty obvious it isn't the real one off regular basic printer paper lol. Might just chance it anyway if they don't, Never understood why they fussed about it in the first place as they never used to care then they did and now they don't gain I guess.

My main review channel for movies, TV and games:
https://www.youtube....Sty08yonijY6GeQ

#18386 daring  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:37 AM

Is there a site that has a collection of game manual slips? It would be pretty obvious it isn't the real one off regular basic printer paper lol. Might just chance it anyway if they don't, Never understood why they fussed about it in the first place as they never used to care then they did and now they don't gain I guess.

iirc, cheat.cc

#18387 esalw822  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:43 AM

so is it 30 days from the time they get the trade in that has become acceptable to contact when a rejected item hasnt been returned?

I believe the terms and conditions now say they have 14 days from rejection to return your item to you.  But yeah, CSR in the past had told us 30 days and some of us were using that as a baseline

#18388 icemagician  

icemagician

Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:37 AM

Should I ignore an email that says that I need to send my item by 4/24/2017 otherwise they charge my credit card? I already received the amazon gift card for it. I plan to send it on 4/26/2017. I don't want to get charged because I'm low on cash.

Persona1379.png

icemagician.png

#18389 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6243 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:55 AM

is someone going to tell him?

#18390 icemagician  

icemagician

Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:59 AM

is someone going to tell him?

Whoops. I thought that I edited my comment.

Persona1379.png

icemagician.png