* * * * - 16 votes

Amazon Trade-In FAQ 6.0

Amazon Trade-In Amazon Trade-In FAQ 6.0 Amz TIV

#18811 DisGonnaBeGood   Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby! CAGiversary!   2583 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:11 AM

Did you try requesting approval to sell?

Seems like I tried that before, but it redirected me to the professional selling page sign up.

Not a big deal, I bought it to flip, but may as well play through it and attempt to trade it in under the pal version and see if they accept it.

Personal trade thread

"A motherf***ing bunny"

HFSjU9D.png?1

#18812 TooLegitToQuit  

TooLegitToQuit

Posted Yesterday, 04:13 PM

This.  Technically it's supposed to be received and processed by the 25th day or it's subject to expiration.  But usually if they've started processing when it expires, they'll complete the process (not always though, I've had stuff shipped back to me).  Try to make sure the item gets there by about the 21st day to be safe.

Thanks for the info.

Can anyone that traded in a Nintendo 3DS XL purchased from GameStop online tell me if they used the GS pre-owned/refurbished box it came in? Unsure if it is best to trade the 3DS with or without, or if it doesn't matter at all to Amazon as long as the item is in the locked-in condition.

#18813 Paradox6  

Paradox6

Posted Yesterday, 05:02 PM

Can anyone that traded in a Nintendo 3DS XL purchased from GameStop online tell me if they used the GS pre-owned/refurbished box it came in? Unsure if it is best to trade the 3DS with or without, or if it doesn't matter at all to Amazon as long as the item is in the locked-in condition.

I just traded in two, both in the Gamestop box with no problems.

#18814 DezSayz  

Posted Yesterday, 06:21 PM

Thanks for the info.

Whenever I trade them in I just flip the box inside out so its just a white box on the outside, obviously doesn't really hide its a gamestop box but all of mine have gone through that way (never have tried it any other way though)

#18815 Miken   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   971 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 06:49 PM

Bought the GameCube version, and it won't let me list it for sale (for the us version of the game). Bought it from GameStop, with the intent to trade in... but then saw the person's comment above that the tiv wasn't for the us version of the game

Not sure which listing you were doing but mines went through disc only as soon as it arrived at the facility.

Always looking for mycokerewards points.

#18816 DezSayz  

Posted Yesterday, 06:59 PM

Two more for you then.

Metroid Prime 3 Corruption: 2 --> 3.59

Mortal Kombat Armageddon Xbox 2 --> 3.41

Edit now that I could actually place my order here's more.

escape the museum  wii 2.90
NCIS wii 2.93
Deal or No Deal wii 4.58
lets ride best of the breed 3ds 4.52

If you haven't sent in your Mortal Kombats yet they are up to $5.16 if you want to relock them. But looks like the price got bumped up  or a sale ended on Gamestop so doesn't make sense to try to purchase them now if you haven't already

#18817 DezSayz  

Posted Yesterday, 07:26 PM

If you need a small order filler:

Soul Calibur II - Gamecube  GS PUR 5.39 --> AZ 6.87

#18818 TooLegitToQuit  

TooLegitToQuit

Posted Yesterday, 07:38 PM

I just traded in two, both in the Gamestop box with no problems.

Whenever I trade them in I just flip the box inside out so its just a white box on the outside, obviously doesn't really hide its a gamestop box but all of mine have gone through that way (never have tried it any other way though)

Thanks to you both for the info. Clever idea DezSayz. I'll be sending in 3 at once from the b2g1 sale. Hoping that won't be a problem either.

#18819 rustyra24  

rustyra24

Posted Yesterday, 08:58 PM

Thanks to you both for the info. Clever idea DezSayz. I'll be sending in 3 at once from the b2g1 sale. Hoping that won't be a problem either.

You can only send in two items of the same description in a three month period.

#18820 bn222  

Posted Yesterday, 10:12 PM

Probably 3 different 3ds models.

#18821 TooLegitToQuit  

TooLegitToQuit

Posted Yesterday, 11:16 PM

Probably 3 different 3ds models.

rustyra24, I understand you were likely just trying to help, but unless you know something I do not (please post if you do), trade-in quotes only allow a max quantity of 2. Therefore, the only way I could get 3 in one trade-in order is because there are different models as bn222 alluded to. Two of 1 and 1 of another.

#18822 Theronm  

Posted Yesterday, 11:19 PM

rustyra24, I understand you were likely just trying to help, but unless you know something I do not (please post if you do), trade-in quotes only allow a max quantity of 2. Therefore, the only way I could get 3 in one trade-in order is because there are different models as bn222 alluded to. Two of 1 and 1 of another.

trade-in from a family member's acc.. they don't need prime for it

#18823 rustyra24  

rustyra24

Posted Today, 12:25 AM

Maybe I read the FAQ wrong. It thought it was 2 of the same items in three months. Didn't know it was 2 of the same model and a different models like 2 3ds and one new 3ds

#18824 DisGonnaBeGood   Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby! CAGiversary!   2583 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted Today, 12:43 AM

Not sure which listing you were doing but mines went through disc only as soon as it arrived at the facility.

I tried listing Luigi's Mansion for sale on this product page (which didn't work).

In regards to trading it in, not selling it on amazon, somebody said if you sent in the US version of Luigi's Mansion under this TIV, it would get rejected. So that's not the case? You can send in the US version for the PAL (or whatever region that is) and get it accepted?

Personal trade thread

"A motherf***ing bunny"

HFSjU9D.png?1

#18825 crazyed  

Posted Today, 01:28 AM

Almost everyone has a Amazon account and I ask to use theirs for trade ins.  I just buy them a starbucks.  They just cash the trade in to a gift card and I can then move it over to my account.

#18826 Miken   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   971 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:02 AM

I tried listing Luigi's Mansion for sale on this product page (which didn't work).

In regards to trading it in, not selling it on amazon, somebody said if you sent in the US version of Luigi's Mansion under this TIV, it would get rejected. So that's not the case? You can send in the US version for the PAL (or whatever region that is) and get it accepted?

http://prntscr.com/g19g89

I took the gamble on it. 

Always looking for mycokerewards points.

#18827 PrinnyJ   Stay@HomeDad Gamer CAGiversary!   910 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:48 AM

http://prntscr.com/g19g89

I took the gamble on it. 

Oh, wow.  Hopefully mine will work too (sent them in a few days ago).

#18828 Querjek   Thirty Seven CAGiversary!   1961 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 11:00 AM

They accepted 2 US Luigi's Mansions from me as well.

Thirty Seven