* * * * - 17 votes

Amazon Trade-In FAQ 6.0

Amazon Trade-In Amazon Trade-In FAQ 6.0 Amz TIV

#19081 Brick Frog  

Brick Frog

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:40 PM

I sent in two copies of FireRed recently. They were basically identical. One was accepted and one was rejected for being an "unauthorized reproduction". It was marked to be returned to me. We'll see what shows up.

Just curious, have you gotten anything back yet or a return tracking number? Basically had the exact same thing happen to me.

#19082 SwiftDeath   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

SwiftDeath

Posted 09 November 2017 - 04:38 AM

So what's Amazon like if you forgot the Trade-In Packing Slip? Sent in a virtually untouched XB1S and wondering if they're going to be a pain about that.

Should I be worried that I am trying to trade my Halo 5 Xbox one s as a vanilla Xbox one s? I seem to remember that they don't like that.

If it's the same XB1S Halo 5/Halo MCC Bundle I had, the Halo stuff was actually just a slip cover over a standard XB1S box.

I removed the slip cover and traded it in as a plain vanilla XB1S 500GB, will let you know if I ever hear back from them lol.

#19083 Querjek   Thirty Seven CAGiversary!   2050 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:27 PM

Just curious, have you gotten anything back yet or a return tracking number? Basically had the exact same thing happen to me.

No return tracking number. I check daily, so I'll keep you posted.

Thirty Seven

#19084 joecreed   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   82 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:17 PM

Is there anyway to sort Amazon trade ins by value so that you can see what's getting the most at any point in time?  Thanks ahead 

#19085 SwiftDeath   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

SwiftDeath

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:07 AM

So what's Amazon like if you forgot the Trade-In Packing Slip? Sent in a virtually untouched XB1S and wondering if they're going to be a pain about that.

Should I be worried that I am trying to trade my Halo 5 Xbox one s as a vanilla Xbox one s? I seem to remember that they don't like that.

If it's the same XB1S Halo 5/Halo MCC Bundle I had, the Halo stuff was actually just a slip cover over a standard XB1S box.

I removed the slip cover and traded it in as a plain vanilla XB1S 500GB, will let you know if I ever hear back from them lol.

Can confirm they didn't care/catch it. Just got the full credited amount. Also seems they didn't care about the missing Packing Slip. I'll remember next time but this was actually a fairly positive experience, was worried due to others complaints but it must just vary from case to case how the experience is.

#19086 icemagician  

icemagician

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:03 AM

Damn AZ sent me back the Legend of Zelda CE discs back in cases that weren't meant for Gamecude discs. It scratched the clear part. I don't know if GS will accept them like this. Not pics of the discs they sent back. Too lazy to take pictures. This image is just for reference.

u0O7rxd.jpg

Persona1379.png

icemagician.png

#19087 Querjek   Thirty Seven CAGiversary!   2050 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:59 PM

Damn AZ sent me back the Legend of Zelda CE discs back in cases that weren't meant for Gamecude discs. It scratched the clear part. I don't know if GS will accept them like this. Not pics of the discs they sent back. Too lazy to take pictures. This image is just for reference.

Every disc I get from GS comes with blemishes in that area already though.

Thirty Seven

#19088 ZeroGame  

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:59 PM

So the gba Fire red that was sent in was rejected for “unauthorized reproduction” only it was an original purchase. Any way around this or tips?

#19089 icemagician  

icemagician

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:14 PM

One of my Fire Red cartridges was rejected for Disc is an unauthorized reproduction. I know they were both the same.

Persona1379.png

icemagician.png

#19090 icemagician  

icemagician

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:29 PM

So the gba Fire red that was sent in was rejected for “unauthorized reproduction” only it was an original purchase. Any way around this or tips?

Keep sending it back. The TIV is the same.

Persona1379.png

icemagician.png

#19091 Dashey10  

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:07 PM

They won't give it back. Since they think it's fake, they're gonna destroy it and won't send it.

Get $15 credits from Tokyo Otaku Mode with you sign up with my referral link here

#19092 Querjek   Thirty Seven CAGiversary!   2050 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:07 PM

CS told me I have to wait 30 days before I can contact them about my FireRed not being shipped back to me. It's only been 13 days since the rejection.

Thirty Seven

#19093 icemagician  

icemagician

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:39 PM

They won't give it back. Since they think it's fake, they're gonna destroy it and won't send it.

It's been marked for return I'm going to be pissed if they don't send it back. I'm also done with trading in Pokémon games. I never had a problem with traded in GBA games being accepted.

Persona1379.png

icemagician.png

#19094 edlin303  

edlin303

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:01 PM

Halo bundle was rejected. Not even worth it dealing with Amazons BS