* * * * - 17 votes

Amazon Trade-In FAQ 6.0

Amazon Trade-In Amazon Trade-In FAQ 6.0 Amz TIV

#19441 gsdave   Banned Banned   30 Posts   Joined 0.1 Years Ago  

gsdave

Posted 05 August 2019 - 11:11 PM

Generally, I'd agree.  But if you take advantage of the GCs you can buy (fast food, dept stores, nike, kohls, starbucks, etc), there is some value in keeping GS credit handy, not just what products GS sells.  You can't buy these GCs with Amazon credit.

exactly, gs store credit is far more valuable imo.

#19442 baboonfreak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1189 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

baboonfreak

Posted 05 August 2019 - 11:41 PM

Generally, I'd agree.  But if you take advantage of the GCs you can buy (fast food, dept stores, nike, kohls, starbucks, etc), there is some value in keeping GS credit handy, not just what products GS sells.  You can't buy these GCs with Amazon credit.

Yes you can - you can use Amazon credit on third party gift cards (except Visa/Mastercard gift cards). Just picked up a Best Buy gift card yesterday.

#19443 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1821 Posts   Joined 1.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2019 - 12:19 AM

These opinions are starting to become more common. Are we being trolled or is GS infiltrating? I'm probably going to stop talking about GS here.

#19444 Querjek   Thirty Seven CAGiversary!   2159 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2019 - 12:25 AM

Always keep some GS credit around, but there's always a way to rework AZ credit into GCs

#19445 bob330i   just lookin' CAGiversary!   3534 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2019 - 04:22 PM

Yes you can - you can use Amazon credit on third party gift cards (except Visa/Mastercard gift cards). Just picked up a Best Buy gift card yesterday.

ah interesting, just tried it with a few ecodes.  Could have sworn I tried at some point and couldn't.  Thanks for the update.

#19446 CookieMonster156   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   658 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

CookieMonster156

Posted 07 August 2019 - 05:02 AM

ah interesting, just tried it with a few ecodes. Could have sworn I tried at some point and couldn't. Thanks for the update.

You’re correct as well. They didn't allow it before, but now they do. Amazon $1 promo credit used to work on them as well, but they stopped it from working there. Regular promo credit works on GCs as well (like the Twitch promo).

#19447 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted 08 August 2019 - 08:06 AM

Amazon credit is much more versatile. If you plan on buying more video games, Gamestop is the way to go. If you want to trade in some games to pick up some adult items, go with amazon. Gamestop usually gives better values but you also have to spend that credit at Gamestop unless you get the weeks where cash is same as trade values.  

I have used both companies for trade ins at different times and generally prefer the instant gratification of Gamestop but would probably use amazon more often if values were higher. 

AZ credit is so much more valuable than GS tho

You guys are responding to a shill. Look at the username.

#19448 toldawg128   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   854 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:49 AM

I am gonna trade in some games with (renewed) in the title. Is it ok if the upc doesn't match? Should I send them in disc only? Do they accept just the discs? Thanks

#19449 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   1922 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2019 - 03:01 PM

Is it ok if the upc doesn't match? Should I send them in disc only? Do they accept just the discs? 

1. No
2. Yes
3.  Most of the time for standard edition games, yes.

#19450 the Gooseler   Damon Baird CAGiversary!   825 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

the Gooseler

Posted 24 August 2019 - 06:05 PM

Are you guys still getting trade sheets with the UPC on them? About a month ago the trade in print outs I have been getting no longer have the UPC or the game name on them. They just show my address and the amount I should get.

#19451 YoshiFan1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9950 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2019 - 07:43 PM

The last trade I did a few weeks ago were the same way. I printed out a second page from the main trade in order page with the game names and values listed just to be safe and the games were accepted.

#19452 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1821 Posts   Joined 1.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2019 - 03:22 AM

sounds like a real hassle imo. i'd rather just take my games to my local gs store and be done with it. plus their credit is far more useful.

Nah bro. It's not. Comenity Bank + GameStop vs Chase + Amazon. Are you from a different planet?

#19453 Querjek   Thirty Seven CAGiversary!   2159 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2019 - 12:45 PM

Are you guys still getting trade sheets with the UPC on them? About a month ago the trade in print outs I have been getting no longer have the UPC or the game name on them. They just show my address and the amount I should get.

No UPCs or name lists on mine for weeks now

#19454 Davem  

Posted 08 September 2019 - 01:51 PM

Anyone every reach a limit on amazon gift card / credit? I used to use a separate amazon account to add items to to semi-track trade values and now they emptied that account's cart and doesn't let me add anything to it....

#19455 the Gooseler   Damon Baird CAGiversary!   825 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

the Gooseler

Posted 11 September 2019 - 11:22 PM

Looks like the no UPC on the trade in sheets is a good thing. They accepted my Rage 2, even though it says Amazon exclusive.
Anybody else unable to print the shipping labels? Haven't been able to print them in a few days.

#19456 JohnnySucco  

JohnnySucco

Posted 12 September 2019 - 01:22 AM

Looks like the no UPC on the trade in sheets is a good thing. They accepted my Rage 2, even though it says Amazon exclusive.
Anybody else unable to print the shipping labels? Haven't been able to print them in a few days.

Yes.  I ended up getting it to work by pasting the order # and tracking #'s in the URL to be able to print them but I don't remember exactly what link I was using to do this.    Also of note, the work around to print labels past the shipping deadline appears to be dead.   

#19457 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1821 Posts   Joined 1.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2019 - 03:16 AM

Use the links from the emails and it should print fine

#19458 r00kie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   397 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2019 - 03:52 AM

Yes.  I ended up getting it to work by pasting the order # and tracking #'s in the URL to be able to print them but I don't remember exactly what link I was using to do this.    Also of note, the work around to print labels past the shipping deadline appears to be dead.   

You can still print past the deadline if you make a new trade, and from that initial confirmation page replace the trade in number in your url with your expired one.

#19459 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted 12 September 2019 - 10:06 PM

Yep. When you click on the Print Shipping Label, does it try to get you to save a file? That's what's happening with me.

#19460 the Gooseler   Damon Baird CAGiversary!   825 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

the Gooseler

Posted 12 September 2019 - 11:27 PM

Same here. And I can't use the old method of pasting the trade number into the link of a new trade because now it puts the tracking number in the link as well. Looks like we have to print the labels as soon as we get them now.

#19461 Neo Oracle  

Neo Oracle

Posted 15 September 2019 - 12:16 AM

There's a B2G1 free going on but this thread is dead. What's going on?

#19462 deadlykittenpaws  

deadlykittenpaws

Posted 15 September 2019 - 01:05 AM

Az trades have been 99% shit for two years

#19463 Vadid Nanko  

Vadid Nanko

Posted 15 September 2019 - 02:52 AM

B2G1? On which items? I don't see any advertisement.

#19464 Neo Oracle  

Neo Oracle

Posted 15 September 2019 - 03:11 AM

B2G1? On which items? I don't see any advertisement.

Retro https://twitter.com/...519065895755776

#19465 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   1922 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2019 - 07:20 AM

I personally won't do retro items from GS.  From what i've read, these's much higher risk getting an item in poor condition and thus wasting time.

The last b2g1 online for current gen games was a great time to build amz credit though.

#19466 Vadid Nanko  

Vadid Nanko

Posted 15 September 2019 - 03:25 PM

D'oh! I thought you were talking about Amazon.

#19467 Neo Oracle  

Neo Oracle

Posted 16 September 2019 - 03:49 AM

I personally won't do retro items from GS.  From what i've read, these's much higher risk getting an item in poor condition and thus wasting time.

The last b2g1 online for current gen games was a great time to build amz credit though.

All right then but I got SNES carts in the past that look like crap but AZ still accepts them.