* * * * - 17 votes

Amazon Trade-In FAQ 6.0

Amazon Trade-In Amazon Trade-In FAQ 6.0 Amz TIV

#19651 r00kie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   405 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 02:47 AM

Lego DC Super Villains Switch  GS --> AMZ

#19652 Furashu   CAG Mercenary CAGiversary!   3664 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 05:53 AM

Tried to find in OP, but couldn't. For used games from GameStop, do I need to get rid of the GameStop sticker before shipping it in?

#19653 the Gooseler   Damon Baird CAGiversary!   841 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

the Gooseler

Posted 03 December 2019 - 07:04 AM

If you're sending in the box probably best to remove it. I always try to clean up the games so that they have less reasons to reject a game.

#19654 bob330i   just lookin' CAGiversary!   3552 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 07:24 PM

If you're sending in the box probably best to remove it. I always try to clean up the games so that they have less reasons to reject a game.

same, I pull the stickers and if it has generic artwork, that goes into the recycle bin too.

#19655 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3672 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 03 December 2019 - 08:33 PM

Fuck those guys, they rejected my Wii U again. Same reason as last time - i.e. "missing stylus pen".

The thing is this time I put the stylus in a plastic baggy that had big letters written on the baggy that said "STYLUS".

I was afraid of slipping it into the gamepad itself, to head them off and try and NOT get it rejected for the very same reason as last time.

Maybe I'll just buy like a pack of 10 stylus pens online and throw them into the box when I send it back to them next time I trade it in.

#19656 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1537 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 03 December 2019 - 08:36 PM

Fuck the they rejected my Wii U again, same reason as last time - i.e. "missing stylus pen".
The thing is, since they rejected it for the dame reason last time, this time I sent the Wii U with the stylus in a plastic baggy that had big letters written on the baggy that said "STYLUS".

hopefully they send it back to you. Lock it in and send it back. I think they are trained to only look for things in certain places, ie. the stylus needs to be in the gamepad. I sent mine in with a white stylus from an old ds I had and inserted it into the gamepad when I sent it in

#19657 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3672 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 03 December 2019 - 08:42 PM

hopefully they send it back to you. Lock it in and send it back. I think they are trained to only look for things in certain places, ie. the stylus needs to be in the gamepad. I sent mine in with a white stylus from an old ds I had and inserted it into the gamepad when I sent it in

Hopefully.

On a related note, I WAS going to try and send a black 32gb wii u to amazon for trade in that I got for $90 at gamestop... but now I'm not so sure. Will probably wait until I get the rejected white 8gb wii u back from gamestop before giving it a shot.

#19658 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1537 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 03 December 2019 - 10:06 PM

Hopefully.
On a related note, I WAS going to try and send a black 32gb wii u to amazon for trade in that I got for $90 at gamestop... but now I'm not so sure. Will probably wait until I get the rejected white 8gb wii u back from gamestop before giving it a shot.

I know the white ones are much harder to find. I just wanted to move some credit and the white ones did that well. If I was collecting I would hold onto the white ones

#19659 phantomfriar2002   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1575 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

phantomfriar2002

Posted 04 December 2019 - 03:29 AM

For trading in an Xbox One S what precisely do I need outside the obvious power brick? HDMI cable, headset, controller (and if so does it have to be white?). Thanks!

#19660 DrBayrd  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:17 AM

God of war :ps4: GS $8.99 to Amazon $10.14.
Better mover if you buy it as 4 for $20 promo at GS.

#19661 DrBayrd  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:23 AM

Holy crap gran turismo sport :ps4: trades in for $14.95.
Uncharted lost legacy :ps4: PlayStation hits version trades in for $8.58.
$8.99 at GameStop and part of 4 for $20.

#19662 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3121 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:48 AM

For trading in an Xbox One S what precisely do I need outside the obvious power brick? HDMI cable, headset, controller (and if so does it have to be white?). Thanks!

Controller doesn't have to be white, just has to be Microsoft brand and functional. Headset isn't needed. Just need controller, HDMI, console, and power cable.

#19663 Jhingles  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:05 AM

Holy crap gran turismo sport :ps4: trades in for $14.95.
Uncharted lost legacy :ps4: PlayStation hits version trades in for $8.58.
$8.99 at GameStop and part of 4 for $20.

You just saved me a bunch of trouble my man. Got a bunch from the b2g1 and amazon credit is worth way more!

#19664 phantomfriar2002   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1575 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

phantomfriar2002

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:36 AM

Controller doesn't have to be white, just has to be Microsoft brand and functional. Headset isn't needed. Just need controller, HDMI, console, and power cable.

Thanks!

#19665 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2049 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 01:39 PM

amazon credit is worth way more

ufc 3 also trades in pretty well to amz

#19666 DrBayrd  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 03:43 PM

ufc 3 also trades in pretty well to amz

Awesome find. Both :ps4: and :xb1: trade in for $9-10.

#19667 gldndomer  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 06:05 PM

UFC 3, God of war, and get sport all raised to $19 pre-owned this morning, in case anyone was looking to get them with the 4 for $20.

#19668 billyrox   Old Man CAGiversary!   3102 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 06:37 PM

UFC 3, God of war, and get sport all raised to $19 pre-owned this morning, in case anyone was looking to get them with the 4 for $20.

Weird, I just bought god of war for 8.88  but he had to override, so I guess it went up to 19?

#19669 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2049 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2019 - 09:15 PM

Sigh, sekiro (pc) rejected.

"Item received does not match the item selected when creating the trade-in order – wrong Item"

Sending it back in hoping someone realizes all new copies contain the cardboard disc.

#19670 Neo Oracle  

Neo Oracle

Posted Yesterday, 03:21 AM

What is going on here with the two Sonic Mania Plus Switch games that I got? One has plus in the title on the box art but the other doesn't. It's also on the cartridge. I can't swap it out in store because it's out of stock. I was thinking about putting the vanilla cartridge in the sonic mania plus case and just the leave the sonic mania plus cartridge in an empty case. There is no listing for a vanilla copy and the UPC code is different.

https://imgur.com/a/GatgqCB

#19671 outcast529   <3 CAGiversary!   202 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 06:12 AM

What is going on here with the two Sonic Mania Plus Switch games that I got? One has plus in the title on the box art but the other doesn't. It's also on the cartridge. I can't swap it out in store because it's out of stock. I was thinking about putting the vanilla cartridge in the sonic mania plus case and just the leave the sonic mania plus cartridge in an empty case. There is no listing for a vanilla copy and the UPC code is different.

https://imgur.com/a/GatgqCB

They are actually two different games.  The Plus version includes the Encore mode and extra character DLC on the cartridge.  The non-plus version requires a $5 DLC download for that content.

Gamestop screwed this up by not having a pre-owned SKU for the non-plus version.

Amazon might still except it if you do as you say, but you will be screwing over the next gamer to purchase it.

#19672 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   70 Posts   Joined 0.3 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 11:15 AM

When I tried to trade in Sonic Mania non-plus as a plus (it was like $24 amazon tiv at the time) to amazon it got rejected. GS did buy it back for $13.80 though. 

So any decent GS2Amzn flips left? 

#19673 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2049 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 02:48 PM

:ps4: Let's Sing Country (cringe) moves gs> amz +5.  gs dotd.

I'm skipping this one since I did a ton last week. sick of taping up bubble mailers for a while.

#19674 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3672 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted Yesterday, 09:07 PM

:ps4: Let's Sing Country (cringe) moves gs> amz +5. gs dotd.

I'm skipping this one since I did a ton last week. sick of taping up bubble mailers for a while.

I have been reusing the bubble mailers I get from other online shipments, and I think it's actually more time intensive doing that then using a fresh bubble mailer (as I have to scribble over the old shipping label with a sharpy, or try and tear it off, and then reclose the envelope with tape).

If I weren't trying to convert all my GS trade credit to amazon gift credit, I wouldnt be wasting my time with games that net me <20% profit.

#19675 Neo Oracle  

Neo Oracle

Posted Today, 02:02 AM

I got really lucky that I had a packing slip with just Sonic Mania Plus on it. I was able to return it and got $18.50 for it. It really sucks that the AZ TIV went up to ~$24

#19676 Furashu   CAG Mercenary CAGiversary!   3664 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:27 AM

I'm about to send in my first game trades into Amazon. For the Gamestop games that had a generic case, I'm going to remove the generic Gamestop insert paper, do I need to label the case some-how with the respective game?

Another quick question, I locked in my trade values last Sunday, but unfortunately about six of my games from Game Stop aren't showing up until Monday, do I need to adjust the quantity traded in? Can I ship those six games in a day late without worry? Thank you.

I looked at the FAQ and it seems like I can, but the dates are so old, so I wanted to see if anyone had recent experience.

#19677 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5424 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted Today, 04:03 AM

You don't have to remove the GS insert. I never did. If the grader has to scrutinize your item carefully, for example, for a Switch cartridge, then there is always higher chance of rejection. As for the deadline, you shouldn't have any problem sending in a day or two late - I never heard of anyone being rejected for shipping after the deadline. But you should know that the shipping label will disappear from Amazon's website after the deadline, and you'll have to print them from the links in your emails.

More importantly, you should try to clean discs as much as possible. Blu-rays are scratch-resistant, but they'll have plenty of fingerprints and smudges. Wipe that all off with a soft towel. If you don't think you have enough time to clean them and package them for shipping, I would even take another day to get it all done.

#19678 Furashu   CAG Mercenary CAGiversary!   3664 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 08:04 AM

You don't have to remove the GS insert. I never did. If the grader has to scrutinize your item carefully, for example, for a Switch cartridge, then there is always higher chance of rejection. As for the deadline, you shouldn't have any problem sending in a day or two late - I never heard of anyone being rejected for shipping after the deadline. But you should know that the shipping label will disappear from Amazon's website after the deadline, and you'll have to print them from the links in your emails.

More importantly, you should try to clean discs as much as possible. Blu-rays are scratch-resistant, but they'll have plenty of fingerprints and smudges. Wipe that all off with a soft towel. If you don't think you have enough time to clean them and package them for shipping, I would even take another day to get it all done.

Thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate it. I will keep these things in mind and I'll just print out the label today and ship them all off a day late. Thanks!

#19679 billyrox   Old Man CAGiversary!   3102 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:20 PM

:ps4: Let's Sing Country (cringe) moves gs> amz +5.  gs dotd.

Same,  I had 9 games last week... so tired of it.. might just buy random crap at gamestop instead.