* * * * * 18 votes

Amazon Trade-In FAQ 6.0

Amazon Trade-In Amazon Trade-In FAQ 6.0 Amz TIV

#19861 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1753 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 01 January 2020 - 04:55 PM

Sega Saturn console renewed is ~$97 if anyone wants to risk it

#19862 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   714 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 06:31 PM

(oos online) Monkey Ball Banana Blitz HD Switch 25.44

Looks like back in stock online, but flipping for equivalent value after B2G2 just doesn't feel worth it at the moment  :shame:

Might pull the trigger if CAG16 turns back on or if I can figure out how to use birthday coupon online...

#19863 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6896 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 01 January 2020 - 08:22 PM

$17.1 Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

$37.01 Call of Duty Modern Warfare (PS4) (european listing)

$15.67 Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - PlayStation 4 (european listing)

$70.47 Wii Console with Mario Kart Wii Bundle - White (Renewed)

$77.11 Nintendo New 3DS XL Console - Black (Renewed)

$16.95 New Super Mario Bros. Wii by Nintendo (Renewed)

$19.60 Star Wars Battlefront II - Xbox (Renewed)

$21.59 Wii Sports Resort by Nintendo (Renewed)

$23.62 NASCAR Heat 4 - Xbox One

#19864 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2796 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 10:08 PM

$77.11 Nintendo New 3DS XL Console - Black (Renewed)

Just fyi, this has been $94-99 for the last month until a recent drop.  Might go back up. They accepted the two I sent in.  I also did a red for $104

#19865 Joe Fongul   Slave to the Grind.. CAGiversary!   1329 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2020 - 11:20 PM

:xbox: Halo Combat Evolved $3.35

:xbox: Halo 2 $7.66

:ps2: Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 $17.08

#19866 meatball2112   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   106 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

meatball2112

Posted 02 January 2020 - 01:09 AM

Apologies if this has been covered before:
I’m wanting to trade my PS4 which was a vanilla 500GB PS4 with a Digital code for Nathan Drake collection included..I still have the box for this and this trades in for slightly more than the plain PS4.
Do they look for these digital codes when processing the trade ins?
How about the cheap headphones that come with every PS4? Are they wanting those as well?
Thanks

#19867 ritchardf  

Posted 02 January 2020 - 01:30 AM

Apologies if this has been covered before:
I’m wanting to trade my PS4 which was a vanilla 500GB PS4 with a Digital code for Nathan Drake collection included..I still have the box for this and this trades in for slightly more than the plain PS4.
Do they look for these digital codes when processing the trade ins?
How about the cheap headphones that come with every PS4? Are they wanting those as well?
Thanks

i dont know how much of a gambler you are, but if i were you i would buy a copy of the last of us remastered and trade it in without the box for $150. i have had alot of success in the past taking a plain ps4 and including a physical game to increase the value based on what amazon is giving the most for.

i am assuming you dont have the slip for the uncharted collection? if you buy off amazon warehouse, digital codes are expected to be used, so using that theory they shouldn't need the physical slip. the box should be enough to identify it as the uncharted collection ps4.

It is hard to say for sure though as it really depends on whoever is inspecting it and how picky they are. kind of the same deal with the headphones, not really sure if anyone even would know they are included in new systems.

#19868 the Gooseler   Damon Baird CAGiversary!   934 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

the Gooseler

Posted 02 January 2020 - 02:16 AM

They might and then send it back saying it was missing the game. I tried to trade in the OG Xbox Master Chief Collection a while back. I had used the code for the game and they rejected it because the game was not included. I assume they didn't even test the code and just saw no physical game. Like Ritchardf said it all depends on who is checking it.

#19869 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6896 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 02 January 2020 - 04:41 AM

$129.37 Replacement Nintendo Switch 32GB Original System Console Tablet Only

#19870 ritchardf  

Posted 02 January 2020 - 05:45 AM

$129.37 Replacement Nintendo Switch 32GB Original System Console Tablet Only

i guess that would require a power cord, at least?

#19871 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6896 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 02 January 2020 - 03:07 PM

i guess that would require a power cord, at least?

I would include the charging cable and adapter just to be sure.

#19872 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   823 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 02 January 2020 - 03:54 PM

So I've noticed quite a few games recently only being listed for sale/trade in with European ratings on them. I'm assuming the American versions of those games won't trade in at that amount?

Also just found a sealed copy of Star Wars Battlefront for the original Xbox in a box of my stuff at home..trades in for $9.65 under Amazon renewed listing..guessing this is my best option for a game I won't ever touch...

Edit..never mind it's the version worth $2 or something. Maybe I'll just hold on to it.

#19873 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6896 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 02 January 2020 - 04:41 PM

$19.42 Detective Pikachu - Nintendo 3DS ($20 new at Gamestop)

$16.73 Katamari Damacy Reroll - Nintendo Switch

$57.15 Sony PlayStation 2 Console - Black (Renewed)

$25.17 Mario Kart Wii - Game Only by Nintendo (Renewed)

#19874 bubster93   WOT! CAGiversary!   198 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

bubster93

Posted 02 January 2020 - 08:58 PM

$13.05 - Boogerman
$15.26 - Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
$15.78 - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (Prima Strategy Guide)
$16.05 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Renewed)
$19.06 - Diddy Kong Racing (Renewed)
$19.74 - Batman: The Video Game
$19.79 - Minecraft (Xbox 360)
$20.00 - Yooka-Laylee and The Impossible Lair (Nintendo Switch)
$22.57 - For Nintendo 64 N64 Game Card Cartridge Console US Version - GoldenEye 007
$25.57 - for N64 Mario Party 2 Video Game Cartridge Consoles Card - US Version
$42.09 - SWITCH FINAL FANTASY VII AND VIII REMASTERED TWIN PACK
$59.66 - Nintendo 64 Console (note: it's colored green in the picture, but it doesn't say so in the title)
$91.56 - Nintendo 64 System - Video Game Console - Pikachu Version
$139.11 - Nintendo Wii U Console 32GB Land Bundle (Renewed)
$143.00 - Nintendo 64 System - Video Game Console - Pikachu Version (Renewed)

#19875 JBlade00   pwnage!!1! CAGiversary!   500 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2020 - 05:35 AM

$20.92 - 3DS Mario Kart 7 -- World Edition

$19.60 - Mario Kart DS (Renewed)

$18.72 - Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (Nintendo DS)

$10.32 - Nintendo Selects: Super Mario 3D Land - 3DS (Renewed)

$22.91 - Super Mario 64 DS (Renewed)

$12.97 - Pit No.17 amiibo (Nintendo Wii U/3DS)

$16.26 - New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS) (Renewed)

$16.28 - Super Mario World (SNES) (Renewed)

$18.96 - Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

I traded all these in with card only. First time ever trying to trade under the "Renewed" tag. Also, what on earth does "World Edition" mean? I guess we'll find out! :D

#19876 ritchardf  

Posted 03 January 2020 - 06:00 AM

just want to thank everyone contributing in this thread. i took about $240 of gamestop credit and, if my 2nd round of trades go through ok, i will have turned it into roughly $500 worth of amazon credit. and hell i only got 1 order in while CAG16 was still working. and on top of that i plan on trading in a switch tablet i have locked in at $129 and im searching for decent values for slim ps3s as well. im out of gamestop credit now, but hell my ps5 is paid for.

#19877 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6860 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2020 - 01:40 PM

I think I might've left gamestop stickers on a couple cases. How boned am I? lolz

#19878 Blade3D   Grandmaster Swag CAGiversary!   4334 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2020 - 03:02 PM

I think I might've left gamestop stickers on a couple cases. How boned am I? lolz

I did the same...thinking it's 50/50

#19879 InfernoCage  

InfernoCage

Posted 03 January 2020 - 06:57 PM

just want to thank everyone contributing in this thread. i took about $240 of gamestop credit and, if my 2nd round of trades go through ok, i will have turned it into roughly $500 worth of amazon credit. and hell i only got 1 order in while CAG16 was still working. and on top of that i plan on trading in a switch tablet i have locked in at $129 and im searching for decent values for slim ps3s as well. im out of gamestop credit now, but hell my ps5 is paid for.

Damn thats good, so were those mostly flips then? 240 >500 is like over double. I didn't know this topic still had flip trades too. 

#19880 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6896 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 03 January 2020 - 07:17 PM

I traded all these in with card only. First time ever trying to trade under the "Renewed" tag. Also, what on earth does "World Edition" mean? I guess we'll find out! :D

Some of those are the european listing. Did you trade in the U.S. version of those, were they cart only?

#19881 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   714 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2020 - 07:20 PM

Lessons Learned from the B2G1, B2G2, and Amazon trade-in the past year (thru this thread and personal exp!)

• Spent most of the first half of the year converting ~450 GS trade credit to ~500 in Amazon credit. Some trades were even at a slight loss as GS balance went higher. Then over the last month spent a little over 1k in GS trade credit to (pending) ~2.5k in Amazon GC. Lesson learned - have enough trade credit buffer for 2020 sales!
  • As my primary source of games to flip is GS so maintaining a healthy GS trade credit balance is important, so if a common game trades in for significantly more than amazon with promos, re-invest! I live in a state where trade credit purchases don't get taxed, so CAG16 + tax for online orders is still slightly better & convenient, but less reliable due to stock & shipping / handling mishaps. (like sending me the wrong game or printing the label and waiting 5 days to ship)
  • Don't put too many games on one trade-in order - especially if there ends up being an error, delay in shipping, or if some TIV's increase - you can cancel and re-submit. (example: I put Minecraft with Portal Knights on the same trade order, one value went up, other went to zero and all were delayed due to new years = just submit and hope!) I try to keep orders around 4 games - enough to fit in a normal UPS envelope. 
  • Lock in values early and often even if you haven't secured the games yet!
  • First party switch titles are better to save for cash extraction during CSAC promos than trading into amazon (TIV > $30 like Luigi's Mansion the rare exception)
  • Stay up late in-case sales start early online (B2G2 + CAG16 + plenty stock available + trade credit which don't need to pass fraud checks like real credit cards)
  • Amazon accepts multiple copies of the same game without art work / manuals in the same empty case (I tape them down to ensure they don't fall loose). Generally, I throw all GS black cases away and only send games in clear cases, or official cases without art / pamphlets.
  • Don't bother submitting anything for the wrong region (ratings sticker on cartridge / disc needs to match)
  • If you submit wrong item but it has a higher value than the item on your order, they will give you that item value instead (example: GS sent in an anniversary edition of a game instead of normal which I still sent in and they and apprised it for $8 more). 
  • Non-standard editions are a good way to bypass the QTY: 2 limit (like switch starter packs or "renewed" listings) - though starter packs recommended to ship with actual not-for-retail starter case.
  • Still waiting to see if Redbox discs are accepted (the little barcodes on the inner hole)
  • Print shipping labels double sided on 1 page so you can save some trees! (original label generated when confirming trade in is preferred over re-print generated label)
  • PC games with discs may have a value - some clearance bin games at box stores may have a value on Amazon. Traded in a few with case + manual and sold the keys online.
  • Build up a stock of at ~2 each of first party past-gen Nintendo games, lego games, and shitty party games like Just Dance / Resort for whenever the values oscillate back up to 20+ each. (especially before holidays)
  • GS's online orders usually come in packing envelopes that are great to re-purpose to send to amazon. Just tape your shipping label over theirs.

Things that I avoided in 2019 but will look more into in 2020:

• Flipping pre-owned systems from GS. I purchased 2DSXLs and Wii U for the kids which have worked great, and risk vs reward might be worth it with a few of those online-bundles that include a few of high tiv games.
  • Retro games. I don't collect them myself so never considered them in the B2G2 event or even looking up trade values on amazon.
  • Spend that credit! I'm pushing past $6k credit soon and really should start using it ! Still too cheapass to pay for prime (obviously)

#19882 ritchardf  

Posted 04 January 2020 - 06:03 AM

Damn thats good, so were those mostly flips then? 240 >500 is like over double. I didn't know this topic still had flip trades too. 

well, with the buy 2 get 2, the even movers turned into flips.

the post before mine sums it up pretty well, though I personally like to make a trade big enough for a box, I cant argue with the logic in not doing that. i just get so many damaged cases in bubble mailers, id hate the get a rejection because of it being crushed in the mail.

#19883 Neo Oracle  

Neo Oracle

Posted 05 January 2020 - 01:27 AM

Watch out for the Minecraft Xbox 360 listing. It's for the PAL version even tho it has the NA boxart. I almost traded one in.

#19884 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3844 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 05 January 2020 - 01:33 AM

well, with the buy 2 get 2, the even movers turned into flips.

the post before mine sums it up pretty well, though I personally like to make a trade big enough for a box, I cant argue with the logic in not doing that. i just get so many damaged cases in bubble mailers, id hate the get a rejection because of it being crushed in the mail.

All my trades have been individual game trades. Never actually done a trade that consisted of more than one item. Makes me feel like I have more control that way, since I may be wrong but I thought you had to cancel the whole order if you what to resubmit for a higher TIV for just one of thr games?

#19885 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2796 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2020 - 03:06 AM

I may be wrong but I thought you had to cancel the whole order if you what to resubmit for a higher TIV for just one of thr games?

Correct.  It's always better to trade individually.  Less can go wrong.

Although I did start doing trades of Qty: 2 if I'm sending in two copies of a cheap, low-risk game.  Just to cut down on what it takes to package them all up.

#19886 nevermeltice  

nevermeltice

Posted 05 January 2020 - 03:20 PM

(oos gs online) Just Dance 2018 PS3 20.77

#19887 Neo Oracle  

Neo Oracle

Posted 06 January 2020 - 12:19 AM

Can anybody pls list any trade ins that are still in stock and have up to date AZ TIV? Thanks

EDIT: Does anybody have any experience trading in towards a renewed listing? I'm interested in Wii Sports Resort.

#19888 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6896 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 06 January 2020 - 06:33 PM

https://www.amazon.c...o/dp/B07ZD8JTRL

$42.09 FFVII & FFVIII Remastered Twin Pack Switch

Can get this on Play-Asia for $50 and trade it in so it's an $8 rental. https://www.play-asi...multi/13/70cs9p

#19889 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37699 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2020 - 06:47 PM

https://www.amazon.c...o/dp/B07ZD8JTRL

$42.09 FFVII & FFVIII Remastered Twin Pack Switch

Can get this on Play-Asia for $50 and trade it in so it's an $8 rental. https://www.play-asi...multi/13/70cs9p

More like a $16 rental after Play-Asia's $8 shipping.

#19890 bob330i   just lookin' CAGiversary!   3596 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2020 - 07:40 PM

meh, my MudRunner AW's got rejected for worng item.  Not really clear what's up with that because I think there is only one version of MudRunner for the switch vs. two different versions for the PS4.  Will have to fight for it when they come back just in case.

Seems like they're catching up as they processed 3 of my trades today.  Other two were fine (Astrobots, American Ninja Warrior).