* * * * * 18 votes

Amazon Trade-In FAQ 6.0

Amazon Trade-In Amazon Trade-In FAQ 6.0 Amz TIV

#20011 nevermeltice  

nevermeltice

Posted 30 January 2020 - 09:58 PM

(GS-->AMZ) Wargroove NSW, Planetfall PS4 & XB1

#20012 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   297 Posts   Joined 0.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:18 PM

All the equivalent value flips just feel kind of meh after B2G2! But free gold points I guess! I just sent off all the Baldur/torments I was able to do B2G1 on some... still waiting on Starlite to arrive... 3 day edge shipping is sometimes 5-7  :bomb:

#20013 Hellacious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   506 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2020 - 12:35 PM

All the equivalent value flips just feel kind of meh after B2G2! But free gold points I guess! I just sent off all the Baldur/torments I was able to do B2G1 on some... still waiting on Starlite to arrive... 3 day edge shipping is sometimes 5-7  :bomb:

Gotta read the fine print. It's 2-4 BUSINESS DAYS AFTER BEING PROCESSED for the free Edge shipping. So depending upon when you order and how quickly Gamestop processes that order its very easily 5-7 at times.

#20014 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   700 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 11 February 2020 - 12:04 AM

Sent in 3 games without cover art and 2 were paid and the other 1 was rejected. The reason? Missing disc(s).

It will be interesting to see what comes back. No heartburn though because I picked them up for a buck each at Goodwill.

Edit..I'm positive the discs were all there.

So uh finally got the 1 game returned (Wii GH World Tour). The disc was inside but the note said it was missing the peripherals. The problem is, the trade in page said game only.

So whatever I guess. Still confusing.

#20015 Tax   The Project CAGiversary!   201 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2020 - 12:28 AM

So uh finally got the 1 game returned (Wii GH World Tour). The disc was inside but the note said it was missing the peripherals. The problem is, the trade in page said game only.

So whatever I guess. Still confusing.

Same happened to me. And now it's unavailable for trade-in. Annoying.

#20016 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6682 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 11 February 2020 - 08:54 PM

These renewed listings are giving me hope for good amazon trades. All the retro games that I got from closing Gamestop's are trading in for some good money. Much more than I'd get for selling them elsewhere. 

#20017 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1375 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2020 - 11:40 PM

Does Amazon actually want the dlc codes that come with certain special editions (such as Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition) or do they just chuck those codes? 

#20018 the Gooseler   Damon Baird CAGiversary!   878 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

the Gooseler

Posted 14 February 2020 - 01:07 AM

If you have the card with the code on it, send it in just in case. I sent in Assassin's Creed Odyssey gold after redeeming the season pass and it got accepted. I've also sent several other games with no problems but I always include the card.

#20019 FlyingMonkey9   Genetically Modified CAG CAGiversary!   4114 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

FlyingMonkey9

Posted 14 February 2020 - 05:42 PM

They’re lightning fast recently, had my ps3 and an iPhone delivered yesterday and just got paid. Heads up I got 76 for a fat ps3 which is more than anyone should pay for it :)

#20020 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   700 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 14 February 2020 - 06:12 PM

They’re lightning fast recently, had my ps3 and an iPhone delivered yesterday and just got paid. Heads up I got 76 for a fat ps3 which is more than anyone should pay for it :)

Was that the 60gb one? If so what did you include in your package? Power supply and controller?

Also I'm assuming you do a hard reset on it before sending?

#20021 FlyingMonkey9   Genetically Modified CAG CAGiversary!   4114 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

FlyingMonkey9

Posted 14 February 2020 - 06:45 PM

Was that the 60gb one? If so what did you include in your package? Power supply and controller?

Was the 160GB one but what I sent was actually an 80 with a bigger HDD - only thing I included were console, power cord, hdmi cable and controller and charging cable. It was a gold controller and 3rd party hdmi no issues

#20022 Brick Frog  

Brick Frog

Posted 14 February 2020 - 11:06 PM

Anyone tried trading in the PC version of COD WWII? It's one of those "code in the box" games but is trading in for $19.59 right now.

Ended up trading in 2 copies and getting $39.20 total. Not bad for what amounts to plastic and a piece of card board I paid less than $2 for at GameStop.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

#20023 TooLegitToQuit  

TooLegitToQuit

Posted 15 February 2020 - 08:34 PM

Does anyone have experience with trading in a game that has cover art that does NOT match with the artwork shown on the Amazon listing, but does match the listed trade-in UPC?

I’m wondering if the different artwork might lead to a rejection and whether to remove it as I don’t know what graders pay attention to. Thanks for any info.

#20024 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2160 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2020 - 08:37 PM

Does anyone have experience with trading in a game that has cover art that does NOT match with the artwork shown on the Amazon listing, but does match the listed trade-in UPC?

I’m wondering if the different artwork might lead to a rejection and whether to remove it as I don’t know what graders pay attention to. Thanks for any info.

Yes.  astrobot was a recent example several of us here traded.  If the upc matches then picture on the amazon page is just off.  the graders look more at the upc than they do matching cover art (which might not even be at all).

alternately, if you're still worried just send it in disc-only.  will process fine if it's a standard edition game

#20025 TooLegitToQuit  

TooLegitToQuit

Posted 15 February 2020 - 09:31 PM

Yes. astrobot was a recent example several of us here traded. If the upc matches then picture on the amazon page is just off. the graders look more at the upc than they do matching cover art (which might not even be at all).

alternately, if you're still worried just send it in disc-only. will process fine if it's a standard edition game

Appreciate the reply. So the listing artwork is different because the game as sold by Amazon includes an exclusive bonus controller skin even though it is a standard edition. I realize I could send disc only, but was unsure if that could hurt my acceptance odds in this particular case.

#20026 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3755 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 15 February 2020 - 11:11 PM

Is there not anything to flip to or even 1:1 trades, from GS to amazon? I tried looking for flips on GS earlier, but I couldn't find anything pretty much... and that's even taking into account the current b2g1 sale at GS. Have like $1k in GS credit, and hate sitting on it.

#20027 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3247 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 15 February 2020 - 11:20 PM

Is there not anything to flip to or even 1:1 trades, from GS to amazon? I tried looking for flips on GS earlier, but I couldn't find anything pretty much... and that's even taking into account the current b2g1 sale at GS. Have like $1k in GS credit, and hate sitting on it.

Yeah I've been sitting on a few hundred trying to convert to Amazon. I've found with the b2g1 it's easier to just buy top tier switch games and sell them locally to get what you paid or a little bit more. Not as easy as just shipping off to Amazon but better than having GameStop money I can't do anything with.

#20028 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   297 Posts   Joined 0.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2020 - 12:42 AM

You've motivated me to trade in some cheap 360 and ps3 systems as bundles for a higher tiv - just did a 4/$10 to get the required bundle games and hoping for the best! 

Yeah I've been sitting on a few hundred trying to convert to Amazon. I've found with the b2g1 it's easier to just buy top tier switch games and sell them locally to get what you paid or a little bit more. Not as easy as just shipping off to Amazon but better than having GameStop money I can't do anything with.

I just stocked enough prime switch games for the next 2 CSAC promos, I'm too lazy to sell locally. Amazon TIVs seem to rise and fall with the holiday demand as well, so not much even with B2G1 that I hadn't already traded in. If you are looking for something to spend GS credit on like me and have a "thinkgeek" gamestop nearby, I went and bought the Boo and Snorlax bean bags for 20% off for the kids.

Back on topic, my last 2 attempts at trading in a normal for a Sonic Mania Plus for switch failed, but they currently have a "Hot Topic Sonic Mania for NSW" that has the matching UPC with a tiv of ~$15.  :-$

#20029 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   297 Posts   Joined 0.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2020 - 02:15 AM

Ring fit Adventures trading in for 60+ (US & EU versions)... or you can try your luck on random market places or ebay for more! Could be a shortage due to shipments out of China or all those quarantined with 2019-nCoV must be bored! 

Either way, I think the game will be Labo-cheap in a year or ywo... doesn't seem like an accessory that will get much support even after this crisis, but expect TIVs to keep increasing in the short term until Nintendo actually produces more for China/Japan. 

#20030 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1867 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2020 - 02:19 PM

Ring fit Adventures trading in for 60+ (US & EU versions)... or you can try your luck on random market places or ebay for more! Could be a shortage due to shipments out of China or all those quarantined with 2019-nCoV must be bored! 

Either way, I think the game will be Labo-cheap in a year or ywo... doesn't seem like an accessory that will get much support even after this crisis, but expect TIVs to keep increasing in the short term until Nintendo actually produces more for China/Japan. 

Someone is scooping them up in my area. I have been toying with buying one, but holding off thinking there might be a "hey, exercise resolutions are a thing" sale at some point. Within the last few days, stock at Best Buy, Walmart, Gamestop, and most Targets have dropped to zero, according to the various inventory checkers.

#20031 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   297 Posts   Joined 0.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2020 - 11:51 PM

Both my PS3 bundles and 360 bundles were received and accepted today. Highly recommend trading these in if you have them lying around or in-stock locally. (kinect crap helps boost the xbox consoles). 

Most of the bundled games for PS3 and 360 with "not for resale" were pretty easy to find. (I used 4/$10 even though the games were < $3... got an extra copy of Division 2 as filler!)

OG!

U9N7fCA.jpg

#20032 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3247 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 20 February 2020 - 05:16 AM

Anyone know how to apply a gift card to an open order (pre order)? I thought there used to be an option to apply your balance in the order but I'm not seeing it. I have a gift card balance in my account. Not sure where else to post this, thanks!

#20033 mnharuhi  

mnharuhi

Posted 20 February 2020 - 05:50 AM

Anyone know how to apply a gift card to an open order (pre order)? I thought there used to be an option to apply your balance in the order but I'm not seeing it. I have a gift card balance in my account. Not sure where else to post this, thanks!

On the Order Details page, there should be a "Apply gift card balance" option...

#20034 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3247 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 20 February 2020 - 06:39 AM

On the Order Details page, there should be a "Apply gift card balance" option...

That's what I thought, I've done it in the past but the option isn't there anymore for me. I've tried going to change payment too and doesn't seem to have an option there either, strange. If anyone else knows that'd be awesome

#20035 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2160 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2020 - 01:37 PM

That's what I thought, I've done it in the past but the option isn't there anymore for me. I've tried going to change payment too and doesn't seem to have an option there either, strange. If anyone else knows that'd be awesome

Strange.  Two possibilities that occur to me:
1.  you don't actually have a gc balance.  sometimes my gc balance automatically goes to another order i had partially used gc on, stuff like that
2.  the item is so close to shipping so it's not letting you change anything

#20036 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3247 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 20 February 2020 - 04:34 PM

Strange. Two possibilities that occur to me:
1. you don't actually have a gc balance. sometimes my gc balance automatically goes to another order i had partially used gc on, stuff like that
2. the item is so close to shipping so it's not letting you change anything

Definitely have a gift card balance, I go to the gift card summary in my account and it shows $100+

The order I'm trying to apply it to doesn't come out until mid March so that can't be the case either...

Not sure what's going on but it's incredibly lame as I've been trading in games to apply my balance to this order. I'd cancel and re order but it's sold out (animal crossing switch console)

Thanks for the help though

#20037 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2160 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2020 - 04:39 PM

Oh preorders for consoles work differently than normal preorders.  Amz authorizes the charge shortly after you place the order, otherwise it auto-cancels.  Fairly certain you're unable to apply gc after they do this.

#20038 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3247 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 20 February 2020 - 04:43 PM

Oh preorders for consoles work differently than normal preorders. Amz authorizes the charge shortly after you place the order, otherwise it auto-cancels. Fairly certain you're unable to apply gc after they do this.

I just pre ordered a game and it allowed me to apply my gift card balance during checkout, I selected my credit card instead. Looking in the order for that game and it's not letting me apply my gift card balance to that order either.

I've been able to do this with consoles in the past with a PS4

They must have changed things to not allow you to apply gift cards after the fact like they used to.

#20039 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2160 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2020 - 04:47 PM

The button to apply gc is still there for me for all my orders, including my P5 Royal LE preorder

#20040 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3247 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 20 February 2020 - 04:50 PM

The button to apply gc is still there for me for all my orders, including my P5 Royal LE preorder

Well that's strange. Where exactly is it for you? It should just be right there in the order details right?