* * * * * 18 votes

Amazon Trade-In FAQ 6.0

Amazon Trade-In Amazon Trade-In FAQ 6.0 Amz TIV

#20221 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   563 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2020 - 11:26 PM

I appreciate the reply. I’ve actually had some extended-deadline trades already expire, but I did not send any of those in. Thought someone else here might have.

Back when they started the 2 month window I locked in a bunch of trades of random games I didn't have in stock but was hoping GS would have a sale eventually. I ended up only able to send in 4 out of the 12 games I locked in at the good values, but a week after the deadline, ended up picking up one more copy (Tsumtsum something something) and sent that in with another order (taped the order sheet onto the case pretty tight and wrote in large sharpie ORDER 1 and ORDER 2) and it was credited as expected. Hope that made sense. 

#20222 jooksingjie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   192 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

jooksingjie

Posted 30 May 2020 - 11:52 PM

Back when they started the 2 month window I locked in a bunch of trades of random games I didn't have in stock but was hoping GS would have a sale eventually. I ended up only able to send in 4 out of the 12 games I locked in at the good values, but a week after the deadline, ended up picking up one more copy (Tsumtsum something something) and sent that in with another order (taped the order sheet onto the case pretty tight and wrote in large sharpie ORDER 1 and ORDER 2) and it was credited as expected. Hope that made sense. 

I've also been fiddling around with sending multiple trades in one shipment with success as well.

I individually lock all my trades at qty 2 of game x so I can cancel and submit new trade ins when the value fluctuates and not lose on other games if they were submitted together. Which just means I'm constantly sending new piles of stuff through UPS. 

#20223 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   563 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2020 - 04:06 PM

I've also been fiddling around with sending multiple trades in one shipment with success as well.

I individually lock all my trades at qty 2 of game x so I can cancel and submit new trade ins when the value fluctuates and not lose on other games if they were submitted together. Which just means I'm constantly sending new piles of stuff through UPS. 

Yea, I would normally just do the QTY2 of a game per order, but with the big 2 month window just figured I'd buy as the sales pop up and group the bunch of games up into one shipment to save on packing time / reduce trips. Just had FF7 Remake, switch garbage, and a bunch of 2k20s processed fine with generic cases. 

For those that aren't looking to sell locally for cash, can always lock a slim value in... which is more than what they're offering for a pro  :-P

OxO5wYo.png

#20224 ritchardf  

Posted 11 June 2020 - 04:26 PM

got my Final Fantasy 7 Remake graded today, $48.11, sent in the complete game without artwork because it was the Walmart exclusive version. just a reminder if anyone locked it in when i did, you still have a couple weeks to send it in (expires 6/30)

#20225 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   563 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2020 - 10:25 AM

I guess this doesn't help for anyone that didn't already lock in decent TIVs months ago, but Flips from GS are a go with the 50% off $30 Pre-owned for various systems : :switch:  :ps4: CTR + N.Sane,  :switch: Bendy,  :ps4: :xb1: Madden/NHL/Fifa/KartRacers,  :ps4: Spyro:switch: Minecraft,  :switch: DBZ all ~15 GS credit to ~21 Amazon credit. Not great, but if you're bored  :beer:

Only one that is lockable now is  :switch: Minecraft for $19.78

#20226 Rusty022   Broke because of CAG CAGiversary!   1339 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2020 - 02:57 AM

TIV for the Fortnite PS4 bundle is $216. A used bundle wouldn't even include the digital game, so would they take a standard 1TB PS4 slim?

#20227 the Gooseler   Damon Baird CAGiversary!   923 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

the Gooseler

Posted 15 June 2020 - 03:25 AM

They will probably reject it. I locked in the Master Chief collection Xbox one bundle, which came with a digital copy. I sent it in and it was rejected for not including the game. Eventually got a cheap copy of the collection and resent it. They finally accepted it.

#20228 Rusty022   Broke because of CAG CAGiversary!   1339 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2020 - 01:25 PM

Hmm. I locked in the amount. And I have until August to send it, so we'll see.

#20229 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   563 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2020 - 04:34 PM

Well, the Fortnite "bundle" is really just a cardboard insert with a code for some skins I believe. No disc so even if you tried to send it in with a random random Fornite retail case, it wouldn't have a disc either?

#20230 Rusty022   Broke because of CAG CAGiversary!   1339 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2020 - 09:52 PM

Yea that's whats weird about it. Idk, I guess we'll see.

#20231 billyrox   Old Man CAGiversary!   3165 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2020 - 07:42 PM

Anyone think the ps4 slim  trade in will bump back up to 180 again?  I may offload it in  the next few months because I got a switch.

#20232 bob330i   just lookin' CAGiversary!   3592 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2020 - 07:52 PM

Anyone think the ps4 slim  trade in will bump back up to 180 again?  I may offload it in  the next few months because I got a switch.

I doubt it.  My guess would be $150 tops.

#20233 ritchardf  

Posted 22 June 2020 - 09:42 PM

looks like the extra time to ship is over, submitted a trade today and it said ship by 7/13, a trade from last week was ship by 7/30

#20234 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2618 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2020 - 10:58 PM

It was pretty great of them to offer the extended window.  Something they didn't need to do by any means but I appreciated it for the stuff I locked in April.

Just a shame that everything I would want to trade for the last couple months has held an unavailable tiv.

#20235 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1194 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 22 June 2020 - 11:22 PM

looks like the extra time to ship is over, submitted a trade today and it said ship by 7/13, a trade from last week was ship by 7/30

Its still extra time. Normal window is 7 days.

#20236 jooksingjie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   192 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

jooksingjie

Posted 23 June 2020 - 02:40 PM

First expiration happened for me. 

Submitted 

Sat, Apr 4, 10:05 AM

Send by date May 29th

Expired/Closed Order 6/23 10:32 AM 

This was sooner than I calculated, I thought it would be good until the 27th. I guess it's 25 days added to the Send by date. Also the time doesn't line up to the minute like they normally do. 

#20237 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   563 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2020 - 06:18 PM

Just as a PSA, if you have a large trade in you can split it up into multiple shipments at multiple times, and they will all process past the "ship by" date and still credit you with the locked amount. My guess is your locked in values will still be accepted until you get the "expired" email. 

I had three big trade ins orders for 2x a bunch of   :360: /  :switch: /  :ps4: titles (I basically just locked in everything that seemed feasibly possible to get with > $20 TIV around April) and as random GS 50% pre-owned sales popped up, sent in batches of games at a time and the last one was finally processed today almost 3 weeks after the original "ship by date". My only regret from this COVID fliportunity was not being able to send in  :360:² :ps4:² One Punch Man @ $34.90/ea.  :cry:

#20238 jooksingjie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   192 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

jooksingjie

Posted 25 June 2020 - 10:54 PM

Just as a PSA, if you have a large trade in you can split it up into multiple shipments at multiple times, and they will all process past the "ship by" date and still credit you with the locked amount. My guess is your locked in values will still be accepted until you get the "expired" email. 

I had three big trade ins orders for 2x a bunch of   :360: /  :switch: /  :ps4: titles (I basically just locked in everything that seemed feasibly possible to get with > $20 TIV around April) and as random GS 50% pre-owned sales popped up, sent in batches of games at a time and the last one was finally processed today almost 3 weeks after the original "ship by date". My only regret from this COVID fliportunity was not being able to send in  :360:² :ps4:² One Punch Man @ $34.90/ea.  :cry:

Have you been sending them with the same ups label over and over? I just sent trades today that i know will expire tonight. From past experience, they should still process. I'm tempted to try sending an expired trade in the same package as an open trade.

#20239 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   563 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 10:20 AM

Have you been sending them with the same ups label over and over? I just sent trades today that i know will expire tonight. From past experience, they should still process. I'm tempted to try sending an expired trade in the same package as an open trade.

I always use a new label (so new trade in) , never tried re-using a shipping label as it seems like UPS would already have it in their system. Last two labels I made to send in additional partial trade ins was  :ps4: Horizon Zero Dawn x1 for like $5.61. So in the box, I had Order 1 = HZD, Order 2 =  :ps4:+ , Order 3 =  :xb1:+ Order 4 =  :switch:+  in separate mini-packages inside with the corresponding trade barcodes on each. 

#20240 billyrox   Old Man CAGiversary!   3165 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2020 - 03:33 AM

First expiration happened for me. 

Submitted 

Sat, Apr 4, 10:05 AM

Send by date May 29th

Expired/Closed Order 6/23 10:32 AM 

This was sooner than I calculated, I thought it would be good until the 27th. I guess it's 25 days added to the Send by date. Also the time doesn't line up to the minute like they normally do. 

Is this still going on?  Does the close day still  last a few weeks after the send by day?  

#20241 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   563 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2020 - 10:11 AM

Is this still going on?  Does the close day still  last a few weeks after the send by day?  

Checking my last expired offer = 24 days after the ship-by date. I think it used to be 4 weeks. I've gotten stuff accepted past the ship-by-date, but have't yet experienced getting anything accepted after the "expired" email. I think others have reported success, but I haven't tried yet.

#20242 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3806 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 29 June 2020 - 08:16 AM

Currently have some June 11 send-by dates. If what you say is true, they should expire on the July 5th. Guess I'll just have to print out the shipping labels before then, and hope for the best, since I doubt I will get the games before 7/5 and won't be able to ship them until the following Monday (i.e. 7/6).

I can take a gamble, and get 2 sets of 2... but I'm only $20.84 total if I do all four games. 

Haven't tried returning anything to Gamestop after this whole covid thing, so almost don't think it's worth it.

#20243 bob330i   just lookin' CAGiversary!   3592 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2020 - 03:17 PM

Currently have some June 11 send-by dates. If what you say is true, they should expire on the July 5th. Guess I'll just have to print out the shipping labels before then, and hope for the best, since I doubt I will get the games before 7/5 and won't be able to ship them until the following Monday (i.e. 7/6).

I can take a gamble, and get 2 sets of 2... but I'm only $20.84 total if I do all four games. 

Haven't tried returning anything to Gamestop after this whole covid thing, so almost don't think it's worth it.

I've returned a few things,np.  To me, if I see too many people in the store/in line, I just wait outside or go another time.  I also don't linger, just get in and get out, no browsing or chatting with the regular crew like I used to do.  Anyhow, everyone has to weigh their risk and what they're comfortable with out when you're out in public.

#20244 jooksingjie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   192 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

jooksingjie

Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:09 PM

The shipping labels get voided when you get the expiration email. It’ll need to be scanned in/accepted by ups by that time.

#20245 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   563 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2020 - 10:58 AM

Let us know if you were able to get stuff accepted after the offer expiration email. I've debated giving that a shot a few times myself but usually decided against it if the UPS label gets invalidated as well, even if piggybacking within another trade in order/shipment. 

On a separate note, Last of us Part 2 is available for trade. I was able to lock in $65 for the special editions, and $29 for the normal editions. (may have been higher before?) Not sure I liked the game enough to warrant keeping some of the memorabilia on the shelf, but probably will just because. Guessing I couldn't get a partial SE accepted heh. 

Also, new website format and 5 trade in max =  :oldman:

#20246 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3426 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 03 July 2020 - 04:33 PM

Let us know if you were able to get stuff accepted after the offer expiration email. I've debated giving that a shot a few times myself but usually decided against it if the UPS label gets invalidated as well, even if piggybacking within another trade in order/shipment.

On a separate note, Last of us Part 2 is available for trade. I was able to lock in $65 for the special editions, and $29 for the normal editions. (may have been higher before?) Not sure I liked the game enough to warrant keeping some of the memorabilia on the shelf, but probably will just because. Guessing I couldn't get a partial SE accepted heh.

Also, new website format and 5 trade in max = :oldman:

Just beat last of us 2 and can't decide if I want to go for the platinum or sell it. $29 definitely isn't tempting enough to send it down the road. I could probably sell it locally for at least $40.

#20247 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2618 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2020 - 05:19 PM

yeah I'm just going to buy an AWD listing ($59) and trade the SE back in for slightly more than what I paid.  Free rental, plus maybe some dlc.

#20248 ritchardf  

Posted 03 July 2020 - 05:41 PM

yeah I'm just going to buy an AWD listing ($59) and trade the SE back in for slightly more than what I paid.  Free rental, plus maybe some dlc.

be careful with that, the one i bought the steelbook was basically broken at the hinge and had a huge dent. i paid $52 on release day so it didnt bother me much (cheaper than regular edition) but that might hurt the chance of a trade being accepted.

#20249 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2618 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2020 - 05:48 PM

be careful with that, the one i bought the steelbook was basically broken at the hinge and had a huge dent. i paid $52 on release day so it didnt bother me much (cheaper than regular edition) but that might hurt the chance of a trade being accepted.

yeah good call, i considered that but worst case i would just send it back as a return instead.

#20250 jooksingjie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   192 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

jooksingjie

Posted 03 July 2020 - 07:47 PM

Also, new website format and 5 trade in max =  :oldman:

My trades processed successfully even while expired. I dropped them with UPS right before the expiration email got delivered 6/24 and 6/25. They processed on Wednesday 6/29 this week and were paid out. The only question left is if they will process expired trades along with other shipments. 

New trade cart is awful. I've only been able to adjust qty using mobile.