* * * * * 1 votes

The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug [Extended Edition, BR+UV] Preorder - $19.96 @ Amazon/Walmart

hobbit desolation of smaug smaug extended edition bluray amazon walmart preorder

#1 Vigilante   Kept You Waiting, Huh? CAGiversary!   25832 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:32 PM

http://www.amazon.co...m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

http://www.walmart.com/ip/38682505

Amazon is PMing Walmart. I went with the former to avoid paying tax. Unless I'm mistaken, this is almost exactly the lowest the Extended Edition for An Unexpected Journey was priced last year, so this may be the best price point for awhile.

Information on what's included can be found here. The most significant aspect is the 25 minutes of added footage (186-minute runtime now).

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Pokemon Y; Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call :ps4: Batman: Arkham Knight :ps3: Ratchet & Clank HD :vita: Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition; Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games:  :ps4: Valiant Hearts (4.25/5) :vita: Super Exploding Zoo (4.25/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

So the moral of the story is Vig is awesome; all glory to the master flipper.

#2 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Trading Ban   12570 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:47 PM

No steelbook

#3 Vigilante   Kept You Waiting, Huh? CAGiversary!   25832 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:52 PM

No steelbook

Yeah, I noticed. :roll:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Pokemon Y; Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call :ps4: Batman: Arkham Knight :ps3: Ratchet & Clank HD :vita: Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition; Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games:  :ps4: Valiant Hearts (4.25/5) :vita: Super Exploding Zoo (4.25/5)

#4 The Laughing Mann  

The Laughing Mann

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:49 PM

http://www.amazon.co...m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

http://www.walmart.com/ip/38682505

Amazon is PMing Walmart. I went with the former to avoid paying tax. Unless I'm mistaken, this is almost exactly the lowest the Extended Edition for An Unexpected Journey was priced last year, so this may be the best price point for awhile.

Information on what's included can be found here. The most significant aspect is the 25 minutes of added footage (186-minute runtime now).

I am sorely tempted to just gift my copy of the first movie to someone and just buy the EE's of both the first and second.

Feb 2015 Current Shows (TV, not airing): Terminator: TSCC, Agatha Christie's Poirot, Mad Men; (TV, airing): Archer, Black Sails, Agent Carter, The Musketeers

Feb 2014 Current Games: Dragon Age Inquisition, Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ult Evil Ed, Interstellar Marines, Team Fortress 2, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Witcher: DC (prep for Witcher 3)

XSkittleKrazyX.png76561198028909821.png

"I do not want to live in a world without laughter. Or macaroni and cheese." PSN: XSkittleKrazyX, Steam: The Laughing Mann, Twitch: TheLaughingMannofAF2

#5 ghost1914  

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:35 PM

I am sorely tempted to just gift my copy of the first movie to someone and just buy the EE's of both the first and second.

Should just wait for the inevitable box set.

#6 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:04 PM

I just saw this movie a couple days ago for the first time.  It was the worst of the 5 movies so far released.  I'm not sure it's even worth owning...

#7 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10001 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:55 PM

No 3D version. I waits for 3D version go down $19.99 ;)

"Evil is Funs"

#8 Ashlla  

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:16 AM

Should just wait for the inevitable box set.

Still waiting for the inevitable "Complete Lord of the Rings/Hobbit Box Set" lol. Extended Edition of course

#9 rcerboss  

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:09 PM

No 3D version. I waits for 3D version go down $19.99 ;)

Aside from that Best Buy exclusive steelbook that didn't come with a 2D blu ray, I don't think the extended 3D version has gone that low has it?  In hindsight I probably should have just gotten that, but I thought the extended 3D/2D version would hit $20 at some point and AFAIK it hasn't. 

well i asked whether you stood behind your opinions and you said "Always" so i offered up the same bet that i gave to Fire Thief. You think the price of the xbox one will drop to $300 + 2 games by end of year? Let's put a bet on it.

WHERE'S MY CHILDS PLAY DONATION CONFUCIUS!?

#10 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   756 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:35 PM

I can't wait to watch this movie again, especially with all the new footage, but I will wait until the 3D Extended version drops from that $39.95 price... probably on release week?  

Posted Image

#11 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Trading Ban   12570 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:17 AM

Maybe there will be a steelbook Blu-ray at BestBuy like first hobbit movie

#12 Vigilante   Kept You Waiting, Huh? CAGiversary!   25832 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:09 PM

Maybe there will be a steelbook Blu-ray at BestBuy like first hobbit movie

If it's going to be Blu-ray 3D + UV (i.e., no regular Blu-ray, 3D only) again, I'll pass.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#13 TheSecretBaldwin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   113 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

TheSecretBaldwin

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:40 AM

3D ext ed of Hobbit 1 includes a standard BR as well. What are you talking about?

#14 bfett9   Stop Looking at Me! CAGiversary!   1566 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:08 PM

3D ext ed of Hobbit 1 includes a standard BR as well. What are you talking about?

Not this version:

http://www.bestbuy.c...obbit&lp=1&cp=1

Which is a steelbook,

whats odd is UK has exact same one here: http://www.amazon.co...keywords=hobbit

and it does include a 2D disc, but of course is practically double in cost.

Posted Image

#15 socash11   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   115 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:47 PM

Wait, they actually cut some footage from this movie? I hope it's an actual conclusion where they kill the dragon!  An extended version of a film based upon a bloated version of a story from 70 years ago. Sounds torturous. RIP Tolkien.