* - - - - 8 votes

Wal Mart Clearance (Probably Nat'l.) Sony Pulse Elite Wireless HP - $60, COD:Ghosts HE $45, Halo: Reach LE $30, AC/DC RB Track Pack $1 360,PS3,Wii,PS2

#1 crazedracerguy   Clearance Devil! CAGiversary!   4582 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:20 AM

My guess is that these are national. I've never had a Wal Mart Around me do single store clearances.

Sony Pulse Elite Edition Wireless Headset - $60 (was 149.99)

Call of Duty Ghosts: Hardened Edition ( :360: was all I saw) - $45 (Was 109.96)

Halo: Reach Limited Edition (not the one with the statue) - $30 (was 79.96)

AC/DC Live Rock Band Track Pack (saw :360:, :ps3:, :wii: and, I think, :ps2:) - $1 (was 19.96)

Also, they had Uncharted 3 CE for $60

Rapunzel Disney Infinity figure $5

Currently Playing:

:xb1: Call of Duty:BO3 MP, Rocksmith 2014

#2 Scorch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   37483 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:22 AM

Wal-Mart clearances are never national.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 crazedracerguy   Clearance Devil! CAGiversary!   4582 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:47 AM

Wal-Mart clearances are never national.

False.

Currently Playing:

#4 Blumpkin   Lunar Lander CAGiversary!   3068 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:51 AM

Walmart's idea of clearance is to take four cents off MSRP and slap a red price tag on something.

My backlog is bigger than your collection. 

#5 Mr_hat   Banned Banned   659 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Mr_hat

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:20 PM

Awesome thread. Oh look.........here is a cat.

6J9qAye.gif

#6 ritchardf   add ritchardf on psn CAGiversary!   4245 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:33 PM

False.

wow, with those facts to back you up, who can argue? that is why we all went out and bought $100 ps3's.

#7 kaos424   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   386 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:05 PM

Clearance prices can be set manually at the store level or drop in automatically from corporate to be marked down. It can go either way. 

#8 crazedracerguy   Clearance Devil! CAGiversary!   4582 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:12 PM

wow, with those facts to back you up, who can argue? that is why we all went out and bought $100 ps3's.

Which is why I noted that none of my stores have ever done store individual clearances. Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, I take it?

Currently Playing:

#9 AriesWarlock   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   58 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

AriesWarlock

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:36 PM

Regarding that wireless headset, seems like it breaks down easily

http://www.amazon.co...nDateDescending

#10 Gtar38690000   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   76 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Gtar38690000

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:08 PM

crazedracerguy, Which store did you see these prices at? One near me has the uncharted 3 but it's been marked as $99 forever. I feel it might be the same store that you saw them.

#11 mitch079   Fun hurts my lungs. CAGiversary!   12031 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:09 PM

I think the Pulse headset was $80 at a Wal-Mart I went to over the weekend.

mmitch079.pngmmitch079.pngmmitch079.png

#12 Ferrari Racer   Reporter for CAGNetwork CAGiversary!   4563 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:14 PM

10295817_10152466610309314_5880577734897

Gamertag - ITS DAT DAM KID. NNID: Its_Pikachu.

#13 ElektroDragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   821 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

ElektroDragon

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:58 PM

The animal pics in this thread are WAY better than the deal. Bravo!

#14 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:14 PM

Pfff I had a Walmart employee tell me that the online price for an item was online only. Dude had internet in his brain yo.

Walmarts in my area never mark anything right.

Got it (Wii fit u bundle) from best buy since it was literally every store having the sale.

So I'm scared to ask for something marked at a price and then be like "oh it IS that price, no thank you"

I might not be a fungi, but with some time, I'll grow on you!

If you wanna visit me IRL, grow your only LonelyBacteria

Please skip part 3

#15 NismoZ32   Loading... CAGiversary!   321 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:20 PM

Pfff I had a Walmart employee tell me that the online price for an item was online only. Dude had internet in his brain yo.

Walmarts in my area never mark anything right.

Got it (Wii fit u bundle) from best buy since it was literally every store having the sale.

So I'm scared to ask for something marked at a price and then be like "oh it IS that price, no thank you"

Because it actually is. Walmart doesn't price match it's self. Walmart.com and other walmart stores are off limits. They claim they aren't going to compete with themselves.

#16 RiceQuakes Classic   The One, the Only.....RiceQuakes CAGiversary!   3755 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

RiceQuakes Classic

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:53 PM

Sick clearance prices, bro.

FLe15dK.jpg

w5Q80iM.gifj5IniQc.gifgTTA3Aa.gif

Spoiler

#17 JKSonic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2423 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:56 PM

This has been going on for a few weeks now and yes it appears to be all the stores...just some are keeping them locked up with the regular games, some are "hidden", some are out in a special clearance section.  The two nearest me are both doing in one has a section but the prices are crap and the other are just marked in the big cases.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#18 JKSonic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2423 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:58 PM

Because it actually is. Walmart doesn't price match it's self. Walmart.com and other walmart stores are off limits. They claim they aren't going to compete with themselves.

They've ALWAYS just PM'ed their website for me.  Best Buy used to do the same too before they started just doing it.

I get them to do it by just saying "Ok, well I can go online and order this right now, so if you want I'll hop right on my phone and just order it for store pickup.  Seems a bit pointless to me though but if you're not going to just price match it for me..." (of course I say it nicely).

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#19 ajpearman  

ajpearman

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:43 PM

My guess is that these are national. I've never had a Wal Mart Around me do single store clearances.

Clearance prices could vary if the store's dept manager sets the prices differently. There are usually recommended costs for many items, but some stores may have different clearance pricing.

It depends where you go, but these are some sick deals if other Walmarts mark the stuff down that much!

Sauce: I r walmart.

Edit: Also Fuck the steelers! :)

#20 Jaashua   BANNED CAGiversary!   2140 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:19 AM

They've ALWAYS just PM'ed their website for me. Best Buy used to do the same too before they started just doing it.

I get them to do it by just saying "Ok, well I can go online and order this right now, so if you want I'll hop right on my phone and just order it for store pickup. Seems a bit pointless to me though but if you're not going to just price match it for me..." (of course I say it nicely).

^This. I always just site to store it, if they won't price match it. Sure it's an extra step, but it amazes me how many people don't think to do it.

#21 guessed   Newbie CAGiversary!   8429 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:11 AM

^This. I always just site to store it, if they won't price match it. Sure it's an extra step, but it amazes me how many people don't think to do it.

The option isn't always available.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#22 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1522 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:24 PM

I saw Mario & Sonic Sochi (Wii U) with the blue Remote Plus at Walmart for $20 a couple days ago. I thought it might be clearance but the tag was yellow so might be a legit price drop.

Which is why I noted that none of my stores have ever done store individual clearances. Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, I take it?

Because something never having happened before means that it can never happen in the future.

On a more serious note, when was the last time Walmart did a truly national clearance, prices and all? Before this supposed one, I mean. I'm really asking. I've been around for a few years and can't think of anything.

#23 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   21020 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:41 PM

They've ALWAYS just PM'ed their website for me.  Best Buy used to do the same too before they started just doing it.

I get them to do it by just saying "Ok, well I can go online and order this right now, so if you want I'll hop right on my phone and just order it for store pickup.  Seems a bit pointless to me though but if you're not going to just price match it for me..." (of course I say it nicely).

Really? More suckage from my WM I guess. A few months back, I tried to get Deadly Premonition for $20 as listed on their site but they wouldn't PM it. There wasn't a site to store option either so I couldn't even do that. 

Otherwise, my WM only clearances out Wii/DS shovelware... I remember seeing a game called Babiez for $20 on the DS. 

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Xenoblade X (2nd try) - :-k 

:pc: The Witcher - :) 

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#24 Mr_hat   Banned Banned   659 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Mr_hat

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:53 PM

This has been going on for a few weeks now and yes it appears to be all the stores...just some are keeping them locked up with the regular games, some are "hidden", some are out in a special clearance section.  The two nearest me are both doing in one has a section but the prices are crap and the other are just marked in the big cases.

No it isn't all stores. One by me isn't.

It amazes me when people don't know you cant ship to store with everything, it isn't an option a lot of times.

And they never have for me since its walmart policy that they don't do it. Unless you run across an employee that doesn't know about the policy.

#25 sp00ge   Hey guys, I'm a turd! CAGiversary!   11453 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:03 PM

Last year I tried to PM the website and was told "no."  So I went out to the parking lot so I could get a decent signal and ordered for store pickup.  10 minutes later, I got an email saying that the order could not be fulfilled because the store was out of stock.  This was a Disney Infinity set that they had an entire endcap of back in electronics.  I went back into the store and asked to talk to the manager and explained how ridiculous the whole thing was.  After some unneeded frustration, I walked out with the set at the website price.

But other times, I've had no problems at that same store.  Long story short, it's not just YMMV from store to store, it's YMMV from moment to moment at each store.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#26 inky1600   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1468 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:08 AM

Last year I tried to PM the website and was told "no." So I went out to the parking lot so I could get a decent signal and ordered for store pickup. 10 minutes later, I got an email saying that the order could not be fulfilled because the store was out of stock. This was a Disney Infinity set that they had an entire endcap of back in electronics. I went back into the store and asked to talk to the manager and explained how ridiculous the whole thing was. After some unneeded frustration, I walked out with the set at the website price.

But other times, I've had no problems at that same store. Long story short, it's not just YMMV from store to store, it's YMMV from moment to moment at each store.

Pretty sure I know of the disney infinity deal you are talking about and that was a pricing gltch as I'm sure you are aware. As I recall they had the starter pack on the website for the same price as the individual figures. You prob tried to in store pick up after walmart caught on to it and they shut it down. I missed out as well but still bought one on ebay for half price since ebay was flooded with them

#27 sp00ge   Hey guys, I'm a turd! CAGiversary!   11453 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:09 AM

Pretty sure I know of the disney infinity deal you are talking about and that was a pricing gltch as I'm sure you are aware. As I recall they had the starter pack on the website for the same price as the individual figures. You prob tried to in store pick up after walmart caught on to it and they shut it down. I missed out as well but still bought one on ebay for half price since ebay was flooded with them

No, I did get that one trouble-free.  This was for one of the character packs.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#28 inky1600   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1468 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:13 AM

Did the manager ever give a legit answer on why the website said out of stock?

#29 sp00ge   Hey guys, I'm a turd! CAGiversary!   11453 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:27 AM

Did the manager ever give a legit answer on why the website said out of stock?

The website said in-stock.  It was the store that said the order couldn't be fulfilled due to out of stock.  I'm assuming it was a lazy employee...

#30 inky1600   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1468 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:39 AM

The website said in-stock. It was the store that said the order couldn't be fulfilled due to out of stock. I'm assuming it was a lazy employee...

Lame. Its walmart though, so far from surprising. This is why walmart is always my last choice.