Wal Mart Clearance (Probably Nat'l.) Sony Pulse Elite Wireless HP - $60, COD:Ghosts HE $45, Halo: Reach LE $30, AC/DC RB Track Pack $1 360,PS3,Wii,PS2

crazedracerguy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
My guess is that these are national. I've never had a Wal Mart Around me do single store clearances.

Sony Pulse Elite Edition Wireless Headset - $60 (was 149.99)

Call of Duty Ghosts: Hardened Edition ( :360: was all I saw) - $45 (Was 109.96)

Halo: Reach Limited Edition (not the one with the statue) - $30 (was 79.96)

AC/DC Live Rock Band Track Pack (saw :360:, :ps3:, :wii: and, I think, :ps2:) - $1 (was 19.96)

Also, they had Uncharted 3 CE for $60

Rapunzel Disney Infinity figure $5

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome thread. Oh look.........here is a cat.

6J9qAye.gif

Clearance prices can be set manually at the store level or drop in automatically from corporate to be marked down. It can go either way. 

crazedracerguy, Which store did you see these prices at? One near me has the uncharted 3 but it's been marked as $99 forever. I feel it might be the same store that you saw them.

Pfff I had a Walmart employee tell me that the online price for an item was online only. Dude had internet in his brain yo.

Walmarts in my area never mark anything right.

Got it (Wii fit u bundle) from best buy since it was literally every store having the sale.

So I'm scared to ask for something marked at a price and then be like "oh it IS that price, no thank you"

Pfff I had a Walmart employee tell me that the online price for an item was online only. Dude had internet in his brain yo.

Walmarts in my area never mark anything right.

Got it (Wii fit u bundle) from best buy since it was literally every store having the sale.

So I'm scared to ask for something marked at a price and then be like "oh it IS that price, no thank you"
Because it actually is. Walmart doesn't price match it's self. Walmart.com and other walmart stores are off limits. They claim they aren't going to compete with themselves.

This has been going on for a few weeks now and yes it appears to be all the stores...just some are keeping them locked up with the regular games, some are "hidden", some are out in a special clearance section.  The two nearest me are both doing in one has a section but the prices are crap and the other are just marked in the big cases.

Because it actually is. Walmart doesn't price match it's self. Walmart.com and other walmart stores are off limits. They claim they aren't going to compete with themselves.
They've ALWAYS just PM'ed their website for me. Best Buy used to do the same too before they started just doing it.

I get them to do it by just saying "Ok, well I can go online and order this right now, so if you want I'll hop right on my phone and just order it for store pickup. Seems a bit pointless to me though but if you're not going to just price match it for me..." (of course I say it nicely).

My guess is that these are national. I've never had a Wal Mart Around me do single store clearances.
Clearance prices could vary if the store's dept manager sets the prices differently. There are usually recommended costs for many items, but some stores may have different clearance pricing.

It depends where you go, but these are some sick deals if other Walmarts mark the stuff down that much!

Sauce: I r walmart.

Edit: Also fuck the steelers! :)

They've ALWAYS just PM'ed their website for me. Best Buy used to do the same too before they started just doing it.

I get them to do it by just saying "Ok, well I can go online and order this right now, so if you want I'll hop right on my phone and just order it for store pickup. Seems a bit pointless to me though but if you're not going to just price match it for me..." (of course I say it nicely).

^This. I always just site to store it, if they won't price match it. Sure it's an extra step, but it amazes me how many people don't think to do it.

I saw Mario & Sonic Sochi (Wii U) with the blue Remote Plus at Walmart for $20 a couple days ago. I thought it might be clearance but the tag was yellow so might be a legit price drop.

Which is why I noted that none of my stores have ever done store individual clearances. Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, I take it?
Because something never having happened before means that it can never happen in the future.

On a more serious note, when was the last time Walmart did a truly national clearance, prices and all? Before this supposed one, I mean. I'm really asking. I've been around for a few years and can't think of anything.

Really? More suckage from my WM I guess. A few months back, I tried to get Deadly Premonition for $20 as listed on their site but they wouldn't PM it. There wasn't a site to store option either so I couldn't even do that.

Otherwise, my WM only clearances out Wii/DS shovelware... I remember seeing a game called Babiez for $20 on the DS.

This has been going on for a few weeks now and yes it appears to be all the stores...just some are keeping them locked up with the regular games, some are "hidden", some are out in a special clearance section. The two nearest me are both doing in one has a section but the prices are crap and the other are just marked in the big cases.
No it isn't all stores. One by me isn't.

^This. I always just site to store it, if they won't price match it. Sure it's an extra step, but it amazes me how many people don't think to do it.
It amazes me when people don't know you cant ship to store with everything, it isn't an option a lot of times.

And they never have for me since its walmart policy that they don't do it. Unless you run across an employee that doesn't know about the policy.

Last year I tried to PM the website and was told "no."  So I went out to the parking lot so I could get a decent signal and ordered for store pickup.  10 minutes later, I got an email saying that the order could not be fulfilled because the store was out of stock.  This was a Disney Infinity set that they had an entire endcap of back in electronics.  I went back into the store and asked to talk to the manager and explained how ridiculous the whole thing was.  After some unneeded frustration, I walked out with the set at the website price.

But other times, I've had no problems at that same store.  Long story short, it's not just YMMV from store to store, it's YMMV from moment to moment at each store.

Last year I tried to PM the website and was told "no." So I went out to the parking lot so I could get a decent signal and ordered for store pickup. 10 minutes later, I got an email saying that the order could not be fulfilled because the store was out of stock. This was a Disney Infinity set that they had an entire endcap of back in electronics. I went back into the store and asked to talk to the manager and explained how ridiculous the whole thing was. After some unneeded frustration, I walked out with the set at the website price.

But other times, I've had no problems at that same store. Long story short, it's not just YMMV from store to store, it's YMMV from moment to moment at each store.
Pretty sure I know of the disney infinity deal you are talking about and that was a pricing gltch as I'm sure you are aware. As I recall they had the starter pack on the website for the same price as the individual figures. You prob tried to in store pick up after walmart caught on to it and they shut it down. I missed out as well but still bought one on ebay for half price since ebay was flooded with them

Pretty sure I know of the disney infinity deal you are talking about and that was a pricing gltch as I'm sure you are aware. As I recall they had the starter pack on the website for the same price as the individual figures. You prob tried to in store pick up after walmart caught on to it and they shut it down. I missed out as well but still bought one on ebay for half price since ebay was flooded with them
No, I did get that one trouble-free. This was for one of the character packs.

The website said in-stock. It was the store that said the order couldn't be fulfilled due to out of stock. I'm assuming it was a lazy employee...
Lame. Its walmart though, so far from surprising. This is why walmart is always my last choice.

Halo Reach LE is $20. Did not buy. Only bought Animal Crossing Wii for $20. Actually bought like 3 of them. 2 to flip on Amazon.

Other stuffs I saw:

Black Ops II Gaming Mouse $15

Sony PS4 Chat Headset $5

Xbox 360/PS3 Rapalla Pro Bass Bundle w/ Rod $30

Halo Reach LE is $20. Did not buy. Only bought Animal Crossing Wii for $20. Actually bought like 3 of them. 2 to flip on Amazon.

Other stuffs I saw:

Black Ops II Gaming Mouse $15

Sony PS4 Chat Headset $5

Xbox 360/PS3 Rapalla Pro Bass Bundle w/ Rod $30
Good luck on the Animal Crossing Wii games, there was a reprint reported a week or two ago. Better get rid of it fast.

bread's done
Back