Get $100 Ebay Coupon for listing game console, tablet, or computer and it doesn't sell (ymmv by invite only)

dreamer131313

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
Get $100 Ebay Coupon for listing game console, tablet, or computer and it doesn't sell (ymmv by invite only) targeted offer

ELIGIBLE ITEMS: http://pages.ebay.com/promo/2014/0818/TechGG100.html#eligibletech

When is it?
This Promotion will begin on August 18, 2014, at 00:00:01 PT (12:00AM plus one second), and will end on August 24, 2014, at 23:59:59 PT (11:59PM plus 59 seconds) for listings on www.ebay.com (the "Promotion Period").

Restrictions & Exclusions.

LIMIT ONE (1) QUALIFYING LISTING PER PERSON AND PER EBAY USER ID DURING THE PROMOTION PERIOD.
This Promotion excludes Good 'Til Cancelled duration, listings with a Reserve Price, and listings with "For Parts or Repair" item condition selected.
All Qualifying Listings must comply with all applicable eBay policies, including eBay's Duplicate Listing policy that allows for the removal of duplicate fixed price listings.
Any attempted form of participation in this Promotion other than as described herein is void. If it is discovered or suspected at eBay's sole discretion that a seller has registered or attempted to participate in the Promotion more than once using multiple email addresses, multiple identities, multiple eBay User IDs/accounts, proxy servers or like methods, all of that seller's listings will be declared null and void, and that seller will be ineligible to participate in the Promotion. Also, if it is discovered that any seller attempts to receive additional listings in excess of the stated limitation of one (1) Qualifying Listing per person and per eBay User ID, that seller will, at eBay's sole discretion, be disqualified from the Promotion.
The Promotion excludes listings with a start date prior to August 18, 2014 (including those listings revised during the Promotion Period). Additionally, the Promotion excludes listings that are created during the Promotion Period, but scheduled to st

What is the Promotion?
Sellers must click through the link in this email and follow all on screen directions to create their qualifying listing ("Qualifying Listing") on the US site at www.ebay.com. Please note that the Promotion will not be shown during the listing process.

Sellers can create a Qualifying Listing in three different ways: (1) listing an eligible tablet, laptop, or game console in auction-style format and accepting the starting price guidance provided by eBay as the starting price for that listing; (2) listing an eligible tablet, laptop, or game console in auction-style with Buy It Now format and accepting the starting price and Buy It Now guidance provided by eBay as the starting price and Buy It Now price for that listing; or (3) listing an eligible tablet, laptop, or game console in the fixed price format and adopting the fixed price guidance provided by eBay by setting that price for that listing. If the seller creates a Qualifying Listing, but his/her tablet, laptop, or game console does not sell at all, then that seller will receive a $100 coupon towards his/her next eBay purchase. Coupons will be fulfilled approximately six (6) to eight (8) weeks after the start of the Promotion.

If you don't have to use the default price, I'm going to try and sell my $1,000 console then.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you've gotta start at a no reserve 99 cent auction there is zero chance that anyone will get this coupon. All of that stuff is worth something.

Not so quick guys, looks like some versions of the gameboy are included. :rofl:

All you have to do is post a pic of like a piece of paper with a crudely drawn console on it, and you may get $100.

Just say that your console is broken and has been sitting in shit for the last two years.

Someone will still bid.

All you have to do is post a pic of like a piece of paper with a crudely drawn console on it, and you may get $100.
They have very specific terms so I'm sure any items that do manage to go unsold will be reviewed and any that are determined to be miscategorized or misrepresented will be disqualified. It's one of those "empty" promotions - like when car dealers say they'll give you a free car if they don't beat a lower advertised price...

I tried this promotion when they had a cell phone promotion ($50).  I had a spare, broken Optimus T.  Somebody still bid on it and paid like $8 for it.

They almost never give these promos out because the threshold is pretty ridiculous.  The majority of auctions will start at .99 and have like guaranteed selling points that are super low.

You might be able to use code CSAVENOW for 10% off purchase of $100 or more, though.

This thread is quickly going from "how to get $100 from eBay" to "how to get banned from eBay".

Ebay will no doubt just buy your item for 99 cents with a last second snipe if it get that far with one of their dummy accounts

All I got was an automated note from them saying my items weren't selling because my prices weren't competitive.  Maybe I'd rather just wait for one of those few, special suckers that are willing to pay a premium?   fuck ing DUH I could sell it faster if I gave it away for 99 cents.

Just say that your console is broken and has been sitting in shit for the last two years.
That might just encourage someone to bid.... there's some pretty nasty shit going for a premium these days.

As did I

Last edited:
Amazon, eCrater.

I still can't figure out how to list things on eCrater, so I'll get back to you on that one.

There's also a Chinese site that steals $2+ when you join. I forgot the name.

Amazon, eCrater.

I still can't figure out how to list things on eCrater, so I'll get back to you on that one.

There's also a Chinese site that steals $2+ when you join. I forgot the name.
Sorry, but no. I've gotten games/movies/ ect (new) much cheaper from ebay than Amazon before.

I wouldn't trust ebay with anything too pricey... certainly not a console. But when it comes to lower end items there are many times when ebay is better, especially for stuff that rarely drops in price elsewhere.

If eCrater is worthwhile I'll check it out though.

Last edited:
Amazon is 1000 times worse for selling than eBay.

They are like talking into a brick wall the first time a customer doesn't get a raging boner just at the thought of their experience buying from you.

I'm looking at the this deal and it looks like the recommended auction start price for Gamecube is $26.  How bad would the seller fees be, assuming I wanted to sell on ebay?  I've bought plenty but never sold before lol.

Edit:  Nevermind, the email I got had a link with a page showing Gamecube but it's not on their fucking list.  Shady as fuck BS right there....

Last edited:
If you've gotta start at a no reserve 99 cent auction there is zero chance that anyone will get this coupon. All of that stuff is worth something.
Well you could always charge $1500 in shipping.

I'm looking at the this deal and it looks like the recommended auction start price for Gamecube is $26. How bad would the seller fees be, assuming I wanted to sell on ebay? I've bought plenty but never sold before lol.
Standard fees are 10% of the final value, plus PayPal fees.

More importantly, can anyone confirm the 10% off code working which was posted on first page? Kind of wanting an xbox one if I can get good enough deal.

Just put $150 shipping onto it, and include some ridiculous games/accessories. Include the Xbox OG Steel Battalion or something.

i can't believe i read through that whole thing to figure out it's a bad deal.  

I really miss BadDealSniffingDog.  I feel like he could've saved me some time tonight.

People actually read this email? I saw the subject, laughed, and clicked delete. Ebay has good deals if you want to pay cash (paypal) for used items. However, I find certain items just go for higher prices on Amazon. Someone bought my sealed Gears of War 3 Xbox 360 console for $500. So it depends on the item and the going rate on the site. Ebay's shipping fee is stupid and hurts sellers to make an extra buck.

bread's done
Back