- - - - -

PS4 with Infamous SS and 3 month PS Plus for $399.99 at Gamestop

gamestop ps4 sony infamous

#1 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2136 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:46 PM

PS4 with Infamous Second Son download and 3 month PS Plus for $399.99 at Gamestop

http://www.gamestop....2#bonusFeatures

Purchase a new PlayStation 4 and receive a digital download for inFAMOUS Second Son and a 3-Month PlayStation Plus membership for free!

Offer valid through 8/24/14.

Online Customers: Code will be emailed within 2 business days after your order ships.

Store / In-Store Pickup Customers: Code will be printed on your receipt at time of pickup.

The online ad leads you to believe this deal starts on 8/22 but it is actually available now.

Here is the ad: http://www.gamestop....nd/default.aspx

The online ad also mentions $20 off a 1 year PS Plus membership with purchase of a PS4.  Not sure if it will stack with this bundle, but that's not a bad deal.

#2 Bobby's Universe   CAG Certified: 2 years & $+ill runnin' CAGiversary!   2499 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Bobby's Universe

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:50 PM

If only Second son was a physical copy & that ps4 was white lol
Currently Playing
Untitled-2.gif TLOU Remastered
ps3108.gif The Warriors (Warriors, come out & play!!!)
1tp4rst.gif Super Mario 3D World
wii109.gif Scarface The World Is Yours
3ds120.gif Kid Icarus

#3 Lulgasms   Resident Xbone hater CAGiversary!   1010 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:55 PM

Inb4 wat happens if I return the console guise

#4 mars009   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   1112 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:17 PM

I'm still debating. Keeping my Destiny Limited edition & try to find a deal on a PS4 for around $350-$360 (I didn't jump on the recent Ebay deal) or just pre-order the Destiny white bundle with that sexy white PS4  :-k

Some people have mentioned discoloration on white consoles, is that true? Anyone with some experience might share some input?

Edit-Also with these deals, kinda makes me wonder about BF

#5 Dr0p119   Chief Red Thunder CAGiversary!   1239 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:27 PM

Ss got a drop to $40, $30 dlc week? Hmm

#6 TortillaSoup   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   454 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

TortillaSoup

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:33 PM

Too small of a harddrive on the console for now to load a game onto right out of the box.

#7 VZLANemesis   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   12 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

VZLANemesis

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:38 PM

Anybody else having some serious problems waiting for the rumored vita+ps4 bundle?

Between the existance of this bundle, the constant ebay 360$ PS4s and the White destiny (beautiful) PS4s?

#8 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2136 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:40 PM

Too small of a harddrive on the console for now to load a game onto right out of the box.

That hard drive is plenty large enough for now.  I'm sure that hoarders or those with poor bandwith will have a somewhat valid reason to complain in the future when libraries get large enough, but you can fit quite a few games on a 500GB hard drive.

#9 Dr0p119   Chief Red Thunder CAGiversary!   1239 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:40 PM

40gb install average, 500gb hard drive..

No room left for ice cream!

#10 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2136 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:43 PM

Does anyone think Gamestop might do a similar bundle for the Xbox One?  I'm hoping they want to clear some existing stock to make room for Madden and Sunset Overdrive bundles.  I don't want Madden and don't want to wait until October for the white bundle.

#11 CaseX   CAG addict CAGiversary!   1871 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:44 PM

Nice try, Gamestop.  I'm still holding out for Black Friday deals... 

#12 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   12608 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:04 PM

That hard drive is plenty large enough for now. I'm sure that hoarders or those with poor bandwith will have a somewhat valid reason to complain in the future when libraries get large enough, but you can fit quite a few games on a 500GB hard drive.

Not retail games. You can fit plenty of the digital only games though, with the biggest being DC Universe and most being 1-5 GB.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#13 Dr0p119   Chief Red Thunder CAGiversary!   1239 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:14 PM

Not retail games. You can fit plenty of the digital only games though, with the biggest being DC Universe and most being 1-5 GB.

Yeah right, unless you consider not enough for 8 games as not plenty. (How many retail games are even out? Lol)

#14 Black_Dynamite19  

Black_Dynamite19

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:20 PM

Unless I had Google Fiber, I would not want to download anything that big.

If they were to adjust the prices for games (cheaper if bought digitally, by a significant amount), then yes, I would buy some.

Black_Dynamite19.png

#15 rcerboss  

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:39 PM

Doesn't DCUO take an obnoxious amount of space?  I know I've had to delete a ton of other stuff, like Crysis and half the Assassin's Creed games, to make it fit.

well i asked whether you stood behind your opinions and you said "Always" so i offered up the same bet that i gave to Fire Thief. You think the price of the xbox one will drop to $300 + 2 games by end of year? Let's put a bet on it.

WHERE'S MY CHILDS PLAY DONATION CONFUCIUS!?

#16 DANNY2582   NJ-CAGamer CAGiversary!   136 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

DANNY2582

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:31 PM

Does anyone know is bestbuy would match this offer, have some credit there

#17 Dr0p119   Chief Red Thunder CAGiversary!   1239 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:15 PM

Does anyone know is bestbuy would match this offer, have some credit there

Read their FAQ Google bestbuy price match.

They do not match bundles, ymmv there might be 1 idiot employee you could find, doubt it helps as they'll need a manager to over ride.

#18 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   593 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:32 PM

Nice try, Gamestop.  I'm still holding out for Black Friday deals... 

i'm considering that too but i wonder how much better of a deal they could have on black friday

no way it would be cheaper than $399, so how could they make it a better deal?  offer two free games?  is that possible?

#19 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   9463 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:35 PM

i'm considering that too but i wonder how much better of a deal they could have on black friday

no way it would be cheaper than $399, so how could they make it a better deal?  offer two free games?  is that possible?

I don't see why not. I would rather see a console + extra controller + game $400 bundle though.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List Currently inactive, no time to play any games _(:3」∠)_

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#20 CaseX   CAG addict CAGiversary!   1871 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:52 PM

If not two games, then at least a newer game or some type of bundle (like the extra controller mentioned above).  The thing with one off sales like these is that there really isn't any competing sales at this moment.  During Black Friday, each retailer will be trying to outdo one another so the potential deals could be better. My guess is they will also offer 1 year psn instead of just the 3 months here.  Regardless, I'm still waiting.

#21 ian13   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   56 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:02 AM

Never bought a console from Gamestop before, but I assume they don't open them up beforehand like they do their games?

#22 striker64   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   52 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:21 AM

Never bought a console from Gamestop before, but I assume they don't open them up beforehand like they do their games?

I picked one up today and it was sealed. Don't know if this varies by store, though.

#23 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   10972 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:32 AM

77$ savings, very nice deal !!! :D
Currently playing
:ps4: fez, strider, blacklight retribution, the transistor

games recently beaten: :ps4: assassins creed black flag, wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light

690739.png

#24 iduncurr   McNubbin CAGiversary!   2082 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:37 AM

This isn't a bad deal if you need a PS4 right now and have gamestop credit.

I predict 2 Games (Infamous and The Last Of Us)  and 3 Month PS + for Black Friday Bundle

Or a Spider-Man 2 Game + BR Movie 

:3ds: : ---       :psp: : ---

:br: /   :dvd:  : Black Sails S1

:pc: : ---

:wiiu: :  Splatoon        :xb1: :  Smite

:ps4: : The Incredible and Epic Journey of the Backlog Files [Not a real title]/ Mad Max/MGS

#25 Xerxes   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   913 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:44 AM

If this was Bestbuy, I'd be out the door now. :/

People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:

#26 Xerxes   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   913 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:53 AM

Wait what?

People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:

#27 striker64   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   52 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:59 AM

Oh also, the $20 off PS+ did stack with this deal, I was able to get both.

#28 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6464 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:49 PM

Hmmm...now I'm starting to wonder if I should return the PS4 I bought this weekend and wait for the inevitable BF bundle instead. I doubt that the mover's coupon would stack with any deals though.
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#29 Byakurai   CAG Busta CAGiversary!   1275 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:01 PM

The Infamous SS and 3-month PS+ codes print out on the receipt at time of purchase, so there's no actual bundle going on.

Also, you get $20 off a year of PS+ with the purchase of a new (and possibly pre-owned) PS4.

Posted Image

#30 Lord Chabelo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   384 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Lord Chabelo

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:16 PM

This isn't a bad deal if you need a PS4 right now and have gamestop credit.

I predict 2 Games (Infamous and The Last Of Us)  and 3 Month PS + for Black Friday Bundle

Or a Spider-Man 2 Game + BR Movie 

I am waiting for a 2 game bundle to join the PS4 crowd

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image