Nintendo 2ds 99.99 @ best buy

target has buy 1 get 1 40% off....PM BB for 2 for $160?
I'm wondering the same thing. I mean, I could buy the two consoles and either sell the second one on eBay or return it to Target for store credit or whatever right?

2ds is terrible and ugly lol. If you're gonna buy a 2ds you might as well spend 10 bucks more and get the 3d
I'm buying one for my son, and I don't want him messing with the 3D stuff (messes with the eyes) and he doesn't need the bigger screen.

2ds is terrible and ugly lol. If you're gonna buy a 2ds you might as well spend 10 bucks more and get the 3d
I just bought my youngest a 2DS and she loves it. She had used her sisters 3DS on and off for the last few months and never liked the feel of it, but the 2DS was perfect for her. Ergonomically it's a surprisingly good fit for hands and if you don't want 3D in games (as my daughter didn't) it works perfectly for a cheaper price point.

What everyone else has said. The 2DS feels mmuch, much better in my bigger hands and is great for people who never use the 3D.

And I'd argue that it looks better than the 3DS.

You don't have to get a 2ds just to be done with 3d, the 3d on the 3ds is very easy to completely disable.

If I didn't already have a 2ds, I'd go over to Target to price match and try to find one of the 2ds Red Consoles that have Pokemon pre-installed. 

You don't have to get a 2ds just to be done with 3d, the 3d on the 3ds is very easy to completely disable.
I don't think that's it's major selling factor, like others have said, the form factor is really nice. I like to hold it much more than my 3ds and 3ds xl. Picked it up on the last $99 bandwagon and I'm anticipating to use it for smash.

I love my 3DS XL, but I've held 2DSs from friends and they are very light and easy to hold and play.  The XLs get kinda heavy to hold for longer gaming sessions.  Seriously considering picking up one for this price.

If it was the green one or Pokemon Combo at this price I'd have picked it up already.  

I had a 2DS for awhile and loved how it felt in my hands, but that mono speaker killed it for me. I know I could just use headphones, but I had to dump the system. Great for anyone who can look past that.

Such a valuable opinion.

I've had a 3ds and own an xl. Yet I'm very temped to by the 2ds because of ergonomics.
To be fair you pretty much buy everything Nintendo releases... many of us don't. As indicated in the very post I'm quoting.....own 2 3DS's yet still want a 2DS...... seriously, why? Are the other 2 versions of the system THAT unwieldy to you?

And I think most of us would agree the 3D and portability of the regular 3DS is easily worth the extra $10 or so. There's literally no advantage to the 2DS whatsoever I can see aside from the cost, and even that is nominal.

As for everyone complaining about the weight of the 3DS..... I don't know what to say. You make it sound like you are trying to play with a brick, I never found the weight of the XL, let alone the standard system, anywhere near as uncomfortable as some of you are saying. The form factor seemed the same to me. I don't get it.....

Last edited:
I assume this buy 1 get 1 40% off is in store only? The red 2DS shows up as $104 on the website and when I added two to my cart I didn't get 40% off.

I assume this buy 1 get 1 40% off is in store only? The red 2DS shows up as $104 on the website and when I added two to my cart I didn't get 40% off.
Regular price 130. 40% off is 78. Buy one at 130, get the 2nd at 78. Two for $208. 104 each.

I have a 2DS, and I prefer it over the 3DS original.  If you would never turn on the 3d on a 3DS, then the 2DS is the way to go.  There is a lot of skepticism on the internet about the 2DS, but when you actually get to hold one, you realize how great it is.  All my friends were really pleasantly surprised when they tried mine.  Everyone always says, "Oh wow! That's surprisingly nice".  It feels really solid, and it's not top-heavy, because of where the controls are, so I find it really comfortable.  The battery life is a little better too. It's not worth trading in your 3DS for, but if you don't own any of them, I'd recommend the picking one up if you're looking.

3DSXL > 2DS > 3DS

The biggest selling point of the 2DS, at least for me, is that it doesn't rely on a hinge, which can easily break when used irresponsibly (and having a younger brother, I saw at least three DS Lites break that way, no joke). I would much rather buy this for a child simply due to that.

That being said, I'm too happy with my original LoZ 3DS to switch, but probably would if I needed a new system... at least until I saw this:

I had a 2DS for awhile and loved how it felt in my hands, but that mono speaker killed it for me. I know I could just use headphones, but I had to dump the system. Great for anyone who can look past that.
That'd be a deal killer for me, too.

I really want to get a 2DS and put one of those PDP trigger grips on it. Seems way more comfortable to hold than a 3DS or even an XL for that matter.

whats their reason for not PMing?
It's the employees. It's the same way at the Best Buy near me. They seem to be taught that price matching means I'm trying to scam them some how. I'll still attempt it at times, but most employees at big stores like these don't really even care to be working there. I'm in south Florida.

Good deal I suppose but unless you're burdened by children you're better off with the superior technology of the 3DS XL.

Glad to see a comment from someone who has first-hand knowledge and experience instead of just making assumptions. Quite refreshing.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back