* * * * - 8 votes

Best Buy Ad 8/24-8/30

best buy weekly ad gcu madden nfl 15 madden xbox one metro redux sale trade in promo

#361 FL1PSID3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   184 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:21 PM

Bought the Madden X1 bundle today but I don't play Madden. Message me if interested in buying. It's a download code

#362 hiccupleftovers   Worst Poster on CAG CAGiversary!   18071 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

hiccupleftovers

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:53 AM

I can't believe bb would do this sort of shot right after the b1g1 3ds games debacle/hassle. Had to go to two target/Wal-Mart to get Diablo 3 and ros. Seems everyone has had to go to get the games pmed as Bb did the same thing and carried no stock. Same thing for the starcrafts. Lame. I guess as cags we need to get used to prebuying and pming down from now on

#363 ghost1914  

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:05 AM

I can't believe bb would do this sort of shot right after the b1g1 3ds games debacle/hassle. Had to go to two target/Wal-Mart to get Diablo 3 and ros. Seems everyone has had to go to get the games pmed as Bb did the same thing and carried no stock. Same thing for the starcrafts. Lame. I guess as cags we need to get used to prebuying and pming down from now on

Ummm what?

#364 Worseley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   446 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:12 PM

Seems to be a trend.   Place games on sale then not follow through with actually STOCKING the game besides what they have out on the floors.   

Pricematching at least is an option though.   At least other stores make up for Bestbuy's lack of follow through.

#365 Vigilante   Hold On to That Hatred CAGiversary!   37100 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:14 PM

I thought it was strange to see yesterday that my local Best Buy had plenty of XB1 copies of Metro Redux, but no PS4 copies. :-k

#366 no658ea3   Come at me Bro, I'm Hubert CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:16 PM

I thought it was strange to see yesterday that my local Best Buy had plenty of XB1 copies of Metro Redux, but no PS4 copies. :-k

My store had 2 PS4 copies and 3 XB1 copies, at customer service. They said I was the first one to buy one.

#367 SkylineChili4Me   CAG with Cheese, Please! CAGiversary!   269 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

SkylineChili4Me

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:07 AM

So I found that I got two sets (Madden guide and additional MUT packs) of the additional preorder bonus codes for Madden 15 via email.  The codes are different/unique.  I'm guessing that it happened because they had to keep trying to check me out from different registers in order to get the trade-in coupon to work.  

So if I redeem both of the MUT codes, will I get duplicate packs or twice as many?  

#368 James818  

James818

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:56 AM

Twice as many it's not the same exact cards.

#369 ShadowXOR   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   10 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

ShadowXOR

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:18 AM

I went to my local Best Buy tonight to trade some games in for the 50% bonus and they told me their trade system was down nation-wide and wouldn't be back up until Sunday.  They said the trade bonuses would extend until next week.  Was this guy BSing me or is that true?  Should I try another Best Buy?

#370 Worseley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   446 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:42 AM

I went to my local Best Buy tonight to trade some games in for the 50% bonus and they told me their trade system was down nation-wide and wouldn't be back up until Sunday.  They said the trade bonuses would extend until next week.  Was this guy BSing me or is that true?  Should I try another Best Buy?

We don't have next weeks ad yet (that I know of) but I'd call major BS on that answer :P

#371 VideoGameFan  

VideoGameFan

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:26 PM

I went to my local Best Buy tonight to trade some games in for the 50% bonus and they told me their trade system was down nation-wide and wouldn't be back up until Sunday. They said the trade bonuses would extend until next week. Was this guy BSing me or is that true? Should I try another Best Buy?

I just traded Titanfall in. Sounds like they were giving you the run around.

#372 jmoney0021  

jmoney0021

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:28 PM

So just went to best buy to trade in 3 copies of ghosts on xbox one and 1 on ps4. The system was up and let me trade in, but they only let me trade in 3 games. The guy helping me went and talked to a guy in the back and was told that they would only take 3 games of the same title. Even though they weren't all the same system. I tried to tell the guy that their policy says otherwise but he couldn't do anything.

#373 BeLIKEcoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   153 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

BeLIKEcoon

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:47 PM

Looking to trade in my sons copy of Spiderman XB1 listed at 23.00 on the website. 

Is that with the 50% already added?

#374 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   7714 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:52 PM

Looking to trade in my sons copy of Spiderman XB1 listed at 23.00 on the website. 

Is that with the 50% already added?

No you would get $34.50 after 50% bonus or $36.80 if you are a GCU member.

#375 xlost4   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   258 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:57 AM

$49.99

:xb1: Metro Redux (Available 8/26) - Free $10 GC with purchase

I decieded to pick up Metro Redux for the Xbox One before the sale ended tonight. It was only 2 copies left. Glad I got this game with the free $10 GC. Plus I got one of those $100 iTunes Gift Cards. They were on sale today for $85.

#376 tearsintherain  

tearsintherain

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:13 AM

I picked up the PS4 version too even though I have it all on PC, maybe I'll do a side by side comparison lol.  They had plenty of PS4 copies left at my store, although I have no idea why they insist on putting it in the boxed cages.  This is in a nice area of town and stuff, why are you so worried about people shoplifting PS4/xbox one video games...

also grabbed Titanfall and DR3 to trade to gamestop with my last 50% coupon tomorrow, while its not much of a money maker by the time you factor in reward zone and the final week of 10% back with a BB credit card, its not too bad.

#377 ThusSpokeZarathustra   Listen to the tiny trollop! CAGiversary!   937 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

ThusSpokeZarathustra

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:19 PM

I picked up the PS4 version too even though I have it all on PC, maybe I'll do a side by side comparison lol.  They had plenty of PS4 copies left at my store, although I have no idea why they insist on putting it in the boxed cages.  This is in a nice area of town and stuff, why are you so worried about people shoplifting PS4/xbox one video games...

also grabbed Titanfall and DR3 to trade to gamestop with my last 50% coupon tomorrow, while its not much of a money maker by the time you factor in reward zone and the final week of 10% back with a BB credit card, its not too bad.

That's so weird... mine is in a not so nice area, and everything's out in the open. Maybe they'd rather deal with being shoplifted than being held at gunpoint, being forced to open those cages.

#378 LaffyTaffy   Banned Banned   180 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

LaffyTaffy

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:43 PM

Noob question: Will you be able to use multiple $10 rwc (for pre ordering a bunch of games) on 1 game from bestbuy?

#379 iduncurr   McNubbin CAGiversary!   2796 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:50 PM

Noob question: Will you be able to use multiple $10 rwc (for pre ordering a bunch of games) on 1 game from bestbuy?

Yeah, it should be no problem. 

#380 LaffyTaffy   Banned Banned   180 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

LaffyTaffy

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:00 PM

Yeah, it should be no problem. 

Thanks man. From now on I'm gonna pre order more games from them

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: best buy, weekly ad, gcu, madden nfl 15, madden, xbox one, metro redux, sale, trade in, promo