* * * * - 8 votes

Best Buy Ad 8/24-8/30

best buy weekly ad gcu madden nfl 15 madden xbox one metro redux sale trade in promo

#31 tearsintherain  

tearsintherain

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:21 PM

gonna be an interesting week with Gamestop 50% bonus and BBY 50% trade in bonus, I kinda feel like I have to rush this week and try to finish off some of my games that I don't want to keep around.

This week also has B2G1 <$20 coupons at Gamestop so could find some things to flip at either Gamestop or Best Buy, I generally don't trade much into Best Buy since it takes forever for each game and they can't add credit to an existing gift certificate.

The $20 price drop on MLB 14 is interesting, with this weeks $30 offer you can get it for $25/ea with a PM to amazon ($40x2 - $30 + tax), PS4 version trades into GS @ 30 and BBY at 32, if those values hold would be nice but a drop to $40 seems like it will force a TIV drop.  Infamous SS is also potentially a good mover with the DLC coming out on 8/26 (base game is NOT required but many people will probably want to replay it).

#32 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13144 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:22 PM

If you're talking about the copy in the bundle, you can't trade it in because it's a voucher.

No, just the regular version for :ps4:.

#33 TaylorM06   #CAG4EVAR CAGiversary!   1364 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

TaylorM06

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:24 PM

I'm not sure how it will work for ship-to-home preorders. If you don't mind canceling now (either online or through 1-888-BESTBUY) and reordering when the $10 GC offer appears, I recommend doing so.

I used a gift card that I already trashed. Probably better off using my other gift card and pre ordering in store, then returning the one I get in the mail in store and get a new gift card

#34 Vigilante   Hold On to That Hatred CAGiversary!   37209 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:27 PM

I used a gift card that I already trashed. Probably better off using my other gift card and pre ordering in store, then returning the one I get in the mail in store and get a new gift card

Yeah, that should work. FYI, just note that (assuming you're GCU) that's still 2 copies towards your 3-copy limit.

#35 TaylorM06   #CAG4EVAR CAGiversary!   1364 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

TaylorM06

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:28 PM

Yeah, that should work. FYI, just note that (assuming you're GCU) that's still 2 copies towards your 3-copy limit.

I am, and I'm guessing there's something I'm missing? 3 copy limit?

#36 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1966 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:31 PM

This week also has B2G1 <$20 coupons at Best Buy so could find some things to flip at either Gamestop or Best Buy, I generally don't trade much into Best Buy since it takes forever for each game and they can't add credit to an existing gift certificate.

You mean the coupons at Gamestop, right?

#37 Vigilante   Hold On to That Hatred CAGiversary!   37209 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:35 PM

I am, and I'm guessing there's something I'm missing? 3 copy limit?

You can only buy 3 copies of a game per system with the 20% GCU discount, or you risk losing your membership.

#38 BigTime2Play   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   507 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

BigTime2Play

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:41 PM

Aww I was hoping for a buy 2 get 1 free on used games sale.  :cry:  Oh well, thanks OP.

#39 TaylorM06   #CAG4EVAR CAGiversary!   1364 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

TaylorM06

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:48 PM

You can only buy 3 copies of a game per system with the 20% GCU discount, or you risk losing your membership.

Gotcha. I don't really see this game being one of those profitable/flippable games anyways. But thanks for the heads up!

#40 redreflect   I am the Wolf CAGiversary!   1450 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

redreflect

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:00 PM

Dammit I just bought South Park for $40 last week and now it's down to $30! Doesn't Best Buy give the difference back to you if you bring in your receipt within a certain time? Not sure if it matters but I'm an elite member.

#41 Undertaker415   CAG CAGiversary!   150 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Undertaker415

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:04 PM

I was gonna trade in Fighter Within for $11 and CoD Ghosts PS3 for $14.30 today, would it be worth it to wait till the 50% bonus? Don't the values usually tank so you only end up getting a few buck more.

#42 Vigilante   Hold On to That Hatred CAGiversary!   37209 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:06 PM

Dammit I just bought South Park for $40 last week and now it's down to $30! Doesn't Best Buy give the difference back to you if you bring in your receipt within a certain time? Not sure if it matters but I'm an elite member.

Yes, bring in your receipt and the ad, and you should get the difference (tax included) on a gift card. Elite members get 30 days, I think, while Elite Plus members get 45 days.

#43 SukhShanti  

SukhShanti

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:06 PM

Yep, you have 30 days for price adjusts for Elite, 45 days for Elite Plus, just bring your receipt back to the store.

EDIT: Wizard above me beat me by a second

#44 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1842 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:12 PM

This week also has B2G1 <$20 coupons at Gamestop so could find some things to flip at either Gamestop or Best Buy, I generally don't trade much into Best Buy since it takes forever for each game and they can't add credit to an existing gift certificate.

That last bit is a blessing in disguise if they don't close the loophole on earning points on a couple of hundred dollar purchase every so often. Plus, it usually works for the Ibotta promotion when it surfaces, too.

But I get that it can be a hassle if you get someone who doesn't know how to do the trades.

#45 Byakurai   CAG Busta CAGiversary!   1290 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:19 PM

Gamestop already has Metro Redux for sale. Did the street date on that get pushed forward/lifted?

#46 kickrockz713   Say it again CAGiversary!   10675 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

kickrockz713

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:23 PM

Gamestop already has Metro Redux for sale. Did the street date on that get pushed forward/lifted?

Nope still 8/26. It says 8/26 on GS site also. Some stores just might be selling it early

#47 argyle   Mr. Lucky CAGiversary!   6428 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:26 PM

Metro would have been tempting a month or two ago - but now with having just started Xillia 2 and Destiny right around the corner, by the time I get around to the Metro set it will be less than $30 anyway.

Thanks for the info OP!

#48 LostMyNarbles  

LostMyNarbles

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:29 PM

I'll pick up Reaper of Souls for $16. Can't see it dropping much lower than that.

#49 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14515 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:56 PM

FYI the Madden guide is $12.99 MSRP & you get a code in it for 6 MUT packs ($9 value.)

#50 foxdvd   Cole Train CAGiversary!   567 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:00 PM

I know it was touched on a bit, but I have Metro on preorder for in store pickup.  I should be able to still get the gift card when I go in to pick it up right?  If not, I guess I can just refuse to pick it up and walk over to the game section and buy it.  

#51 Leftykins  

Leftykins

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:06 PM

Man I wasn't planning in picking up Metro Redux, on release atleast, but $40 w/GCU plus a $10 Gift card might get me.

I really shouldn't I already have Diablo 3 and InFamous: First Light next week to hold me over until Destiny drops.

Godammit

#52 The1llusiveMan   The Once and Future Gamer CAGiversary!   517 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

The1llusiveMan

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:08 PM

I was JUST about to trade Watch Dogs and Ghosts to GS too. Checked the values here and they're higher by about $5 each. Reeeeeeeeeeeally hoping those values stick when the 50% turns on.

Thanks OP!

#53 BingoBrown   Master Assassin CAGiversary!   2050 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

BingoBrown

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:17 PM

Hmmm.  50% bonus trade-in AND $10 GC with Metro Redux?  I need to finish the TLOU:DE DLC and trade that thing in.

#54 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11239 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:27 PM

I was JUST about to trade Watch Dogs and Ghosts to GS too. Checked the values here and they're higher by about $5 each. Reeeeeeeeeeeally hoping those values stick when the 50% turns on.

Thanks OP!

Doubt you will get 45 for watch dogs. I bet the base will lower to $20 so you get $30 and then $32 with GCU making it worse.

#55 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:32 PM

I know it was touched on a bit, but I have Metro on preorder for in store pickup. I should be able to still get the gift card when I go in to pick it up right? If not, I guess I can just refuse to pick it up and walk over to the game section and buy it.

The easiest way to get the gift card would be to just go up to the store pickup desk and request to cancel your order and then buy it in store like normal.  There's no incentive to preorder since there's no $10 myBestBuy cert being offered nor any preorder DLC. 

Or as long as your local store shows it will be available for preorder and pickup, place a new preorder on Sunday and cancel your old one.

#56 iTz_Aghast  

iTz_Aghast

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:42 PM

How much are they selling it for?

#57 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12293 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:50 PM

im trading my mlb today before the tiv tanks next week

#58 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12293 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:55 PM

just checked and bestbuy has mlb ps4 version at 32$ base value. thats 35.20$ after the extra 10%. i paid 32$ for it awhile back and its a no brainer to trade it in now

#59 AtomicFire7  

AtomicFire7

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:57 PM

FYI the Madden guide is $12.99 MSRP & you get a code in it for 6 MUT packs ($9 value.)

I don't happen to have GCU, but even if I did, that and the 15% off from buying the game make it $8.83. Anyways, with less hassle, and without needing GCU, walmart.com has the guide for $8.66 with free shipping and probably store pickup too.

Now onto the real matter at hand. Where did you get this information about the code for the MUT packs in the guide? Also, does BB or walmart accept returns on the guide? I don't want to end up actually buying this thing if I don't get my MUT packs or think it's worth it.

Edit - I just found it on amazon. Says you get two packs right away and one each week after that until you've gotten 6. How much does one pro pack cost? I haven't bought madden since '12, but I couldn't pass up combining the Target $15 pre order promo and BB deal to get madden 15 for $16.50.

Nevermind about the store pickup for the guide from walmart.

#60 iTz_Aghast  

iTz_Aghast

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:11 PM

I don't happen to have GCU, but even if I did, that and the 15% off from buying the game make it $8.83. Anyways, with less hassle, and without needing GCU, walmart.com has the guide for $8.66 with free shipping and probably store pickup too.

Now onto the real matter at hand. Where did you get this information about the code for the MUT packs in the guide? Also, does BB or walmart accept returns on the guide? I don't want to end up actually buying this thing if I don't get my MUT packs or think it's worth it.

Edit - I just found it on amazon. Says you get two packs right away and one each week after that until you've gotten 6. How much does one pro pack cost? I haven't bought madden since '12, but I couldn't pass up combining the Target $15 pre order promo and BB deal to get madden 15 for $16.50.

Nevermind about the store pickup for the guide from walmart.

How are you getting madden 15 for $16.50?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: best buy, weekly ad, gcu, madden nfl 15, madden, xbox one, metro redux, sale, trade in, promo