Madden 15 for $15 with trade in BestBuy

That article hurts my brain.

So is it telling me to buy Madden 15 so I can trade it in for Madden 15?

Oh nevermind. It's talking about trading in Madden 25 for Madden 15. As someone who doesn't follow or play Madden it looked like the same name while skimming the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you who don't want to read the stupid article... 

You can trade in the PS4 or Xbox One version of Madden 25 for $25 or the PS3 / 360 version for $15 and get a $10 off coupon for Madden 15 making it "$35" or "$25" respectively. This also stacks with the preorder $10 voucher, which is where the $15 (credit from the trade in + coupon + cash back = $45) comes from. 

Anyway, way too conditional and niche to really count as a deal, but I'll wait for people to tell me off and thank the lords InsaneMan007 posted this. 

Am I missing something in the article? I didn't see anything in the current Ad about the $10 coupon. I kind of want to take up  this deal since I got Madden 25 at launch in a buy 2 get one deal, and I'd like to update.

Am I missing something in the article? I didn't see anything in the current Ad about the $10 coupon. I kind of want to take up this deal since I got Madden 25 at launch in a buy 2 get one deal, and I'd like to update.
I could be wrong, but I think it's the Best Buy deal where if you pre-order a game you get $10 in Best Buy Bucks to use in a future purchase.

Just make sure the cashier gives it to you when you go to pick up the game because I've read about people not getting the $10 Best Buy Bucks when picking up their preorder.

The $10 off Madden 15 coupon prints with your trade in and if you have gcu you will get the 10% bonus on the trade in so $27.50. If u put the $5 down with the pre order cards in store you will get the other $10 back in rewards points in ur my best buy account a couple weeks later.

You can trade in the PS4 or Xbox One version of Madden 25 for $25 or the PS3 / 360 version for $15 and get a $10 off coupon for Madden 15 making it "$35" or "$25" respectively. This also stacks with the preorder $10 voucher, which is where the $15 (credit from the trade in + coupon + cash back = $45) comes from.

Anyway, way too conditional and niche to really count as a deal, but I'll wait for people to tell me off and thank the lords InsaneMan007 posted this.
Where can you get madden 25 for free so it doesn't add into the total cost of 15?

and why, I found a link for a decent offer and now I should be banned?
yea for cluttering this forum. If you searched before posting this has been known for about two weeks now that why other similar threads on this same exact topic are not on the front page cause it pretty much common knowledge now at this point

and why, I found a link for a decent offer and now I should be banned?
yea for cluttering this forum. If you searched before posting this has been known for about two weeks now that why other similar threads on this same exact topic are not on the front page cause it pretty much common knowledge now at this point
You posted a link to a convoluted mess that came from a deal that already got posted like two weeks ago. Your title sucks and you made our heads hurt for no reason.
I like how neither of you stated the obvious "you could have at least posted the literal deal on CAG and not just a link." I can overlook some stupid / lazy things, but there is no reason for your post to link to another post that "helps."

I like how neither of you stated the obvious "you could have at least posted the literal deal on CAG and not just a link." I can overlook some stupid / lazy things, but there is no reason for your post to link to another post that "helps."
I thought that it was obvious that it was obvious.

Gee I could have sworn I saw that mentioned somewhere else before ... :whistle2:k

does anyone know if you could trade in two copies of Madden 25?
Yes. Max trade in for in store trades is 3 per title per system. If you go over that, your account could be banned. I traded In several Madden copies through online trade.

I had 4 different reps try to process my pre-order with the $10 Madden coupon and none of them could figure it out, I ended up putting $5 down for the pre-order and the manager just wrote a note on my coupon stating they will credit me $10 off the game at the time of game-pickup on 8/26.

enhanced-8584-1396279568-2.jpg

enhanced-19066-1396279591-2.jpg

enhanced-19051-1396279602-6.jpg

I had 4 different reps try to process my pre-order with the $10 Madden coupon and none of them could figure it out, I ended up putting $5 down for the pre-order and the manager just wrote a note on my coupon stating they will credit me $10 off the game at the time of game-pickup on 8/26.
The coupon is meant to be used at the time of purchase, not when you preorder. Part of the instructions on the coupon say to scan Madden 15.

So the coupon only works when you go buy it in store and doesn't work with preorder. Can I just return/rebuy?

Buy the $5 pre prder card then when u go pay the rest off use the $10 coupon as part of it. Alredy been mentioned several times in this thread.

Wow I just love my local merchants. I rarely have trouble doing trade ins.  Walked into BB today with a copy of M25 x1, and x360.  Went to CS and told them I wanted to trade in for the Madden promo.  Mentioned I was GCU and asked him to do 2 transactions so I could maybe get 2 reward certs for preordering. (hoping since it is two platforms I will get 2 not 1 promo cert for pre-order.)  He had no problem doing the first trade in, said your total is $27.50 for the 1st game and showed me the $10 off coupon that printed.   Even tried to sign into a second computer to start the 2nd transaction to save time.  While he was ringing up the first game he even asked me if I wanted to combine my gift cards. I told him it didn't matter to me since I would be using them next week anyway.  I mentioned that I didn't want to hold him up and said not a problem as he didn't have anything else to work on at the moment. :)  Double checked my first transaction and said "I just wanted to make sure I didn't screw anything up"  Xbox 360 trade went just as smooth and he quickly combined the gift cards.  I asked him if I needed to pre-order madden with him and he said it didn't matter I could do it there, checkout or video game section.  So I went back to the VG section to browse and along came another associate who promptly rang me up, double checked that I really needed one xbox 1 and one x360 game.   Took my deposit, gave me my receipts and out the door I went. 

Wow I just love my local merchants. I rarely have trouble doing trade ins. Walked into BB today with a copy of M25 x1, and x360. Went to CS and told them I wanted to trade in for the Madden promo. Mentioned I was GCU and asked him to do 2 transactions so I could maybe get 2 reward certs for preordering. (hoping since it is two platforms I will get 2 not 1 promo cert for pre-order.) He had no problem doing the first trade in, said your total is $27.50 for the 1st game and showed me the $10 off coupon that printed. Even tried to sign into a second computer to start the 2nd transaction to save time. While he was ringing up the first game he even asked me if I wanted to combine my gift cards. I told him it didn't matter to me since I would be using them next week anyway. I mentioned that I didn't want to hold him up and said not a problem as he didn't have anything else to work on at the moment. :) Double checked my first transaction and said "I just wanted to make sure I didn't screw anything up" Xbox 360 trade went just as smooth and he quickly combined the gift cards. I asked him if I needed to pre-order madden with him and he said it didn't matter I could do it there, checkout or video game section. So I went back to the VG section to browse and along came another associate who promptly rang me up, double checked that I really needed one xbox 1 and one x360 game. Took my deposit, gave me my receipts and out the door I went.
you will only get one certificate for the preorder regardless of being different platforms it always been that way and even in there terms

Why wouldn't you just pre order it with the gift card? That's what I did. The $10 off coupon is for when you actually pick the game up and pay for it. Now if you were trying to pay it all off at the time of pre order, that's where you would run into an issue. However, I don't see any reason to. That's just not economical. Only people who can't trust themselves not spend their money on something else put more than the minimum required payment down to pre order.

you will only get one certificate for the preorder regardless of being different platforms it always been that way and even in there terms
Yeah I figured that but it is still worth trying. I figured I will pick up the X1 copy on release and than go back at the end of the week for the x360 copy and see what happens.

The xbox 360 was my sons copy which I gave to him after I picked it up for $20 -$2 cash back since he gave up his copy when it was trading in for $60+ during one of the insane trade in deals. This time I got $16.50 in trade plus the $10 off coupon and than will be able to apply the gcu discount to his copy. An extra $10 in reward points would just be an extra bonus. Will just have to see if somewhere else has it cheaper...looking at you Kmart and Dell.

I'm assuming this promo ends tomorrow when the 50% trade in bonus starts, yes?

I decided to hop on this train, and made out really well actually.  I had some gamestop coupons and gift cards I never use cuz I hardly shop there.....so I was able to go over to gamestop, use a bday coupon and my gift cards to get Madden 25 on X1 for $.57 (out of pocket).  I then took it over to best buy, traded it in for $27.50 and then was given the $10 trade in certificate.

So now I'm gonna use the gift card, the $10 certificate, to pick up the pre-order (I also did today in store) to then get the additional $10 back in the my best buy rewards.  All in all will only cost me roughly $14.  Happy with that!

Or you could wait till Sunday for 50% extra trade in bonus
Were you responding to me?

I didn't think that was worth the gamble. Considering the $10 promo will have expired, and if the value holds it would only net you an extra $2.50. My thoughts will be the value Madden 25 will plummet before the 50% goes live, so you will actually lose out.

It doesn't always change early on Sunday, and you might be able to get $25 + $12.50 (50%) + $2.50(GCU) but is that worth the gamble for $2.50? IMO, no.

Hopefully people were smart enough NOT to wait for the 50%.... Madden value tanked like most of us believed.....a whopping $9 currently.

I wanted to preorder the ultimate edition, but my store didn't have any preorder cards for it. Has anyone been able to preorder the ultimate edition in store? I went ahead and did the preorder on the regular version, but I assume I won't get the bonus if I try to pick up the ultimate edition instead.

bread's done
Back