* - - - - 1 votes

Disney Infinity 1.0 Free on Wii U eShop

#1 hoofrog   Game Whore CAGiversary!   1027 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:34 PM

From http://www.nintendol...t_north_america

I am sure you still need figures and base unless it is like the iOS and PC version.

#2 Darthlain18   Zeldaholic CAGiversary!   1112 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Darthlain18

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:42 PM

Still need figurines and a base, but if you have the ps3 or a regular wii version, you can use that base with it!

#3 gatordeve86   CAG Master CAGiversary!   808 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:42 PM

Though gamers will need to pick up the game's portal and some figures, it's fascinating that the download itself has no cost.

still pretty sweet... i got this for the kids for 360 and their 360 broke so maybe i'll put it on the Wii U for them

Gator%20Deve%2086.jpg

Currently Playing:

:xb1: Diablo III

:xb1: Madden 15

#4 Darthlain18   Zeldaholic CAGiversary!   1112 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Darthlain18

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:43 PM

Unfortunately...the 360 base has a chip that causes any other console to not recognize it...

#5 gatordeve86   CAG Master CAGiversary!   808 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:48 PM

Unfortunately...the 360 base has a chip that causes any other console to not recognize it...

thanks for that... nevermind then lol

Gator%20Deve%2086.jpg

Currently Playing:

:xb1: Diablo III

:xb1: Madden 15

#6 Querjek   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1637 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:04 PM

I'm going to download this when I get a chance to see if I get any Club Nintendo points for it.

Thirty Seven

#7 emperordahc  

emperordahc

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:07 PM

Got ps3 version. Totally grabbing this!
cagSig.png828689.png

#8 emperordahc  

emperordahc

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:16 PM

Has anyone managed to download this yet today?

It's showing as retail only right now. I can't find a download option. Other items that should be here, like Mega Man 6, aren't online either. May not be online yet.
cagSig.png828689.png

#9 Astro7x   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   41 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:24 PM

I'm going to download this when I get a chance to see if I get any Club Nintendo points for it.

Good point... hopefully it nets at least 10 coins for the post play survey

#10 Bobby's Universe   All I Do is Win!!! CAGiversary!   2074 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

Bobby's Universe

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:42 PM

It's showing as retail only right now. I can't find a download option. Other items that should be here, like Mega Man 6, aren't online either. May not be online yet.

Ditto...maybe it's like the ps store where you have to wait for the update
Currently Playing
Untitled-2.gif GTA V
ps3108.gif Destiny: House of Wolves!
1tp4rst.gif Super Mario 3D World & Smash Bros
wii109.gif Scarface The World Is Yours
3ds120.gif Kid Icarus

#11 emperordahc  

emperordahc

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:08 PM

EShop updates just appeared. Downloading infinity now; it was right at the top with a big "Free" badge.
cagSig.png828689.png

#12 Bobby's Universe   All I Do is Win!!! CAGiversary!   2074 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

Bobby's Universe

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:31 PM

Damn almost 10gb lol this & the 4 free games from the Mario Kart 8 promo are killing my 32gb harddrive
Currently Playing
Untitled-2.gif GTA V
3ds120.gif Kid Icarus

#13 Lil Frier   Has been playing The Golf Club
XONE

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:34 PM

So, what is a decent price on a base for this? All I saw was $20 or so on eBay, and if I'm paying $20 for a base and $10 for a character, then the free download gets kind of ruined by those immediate costs.

Lil+Frier.png

Currently Playing: :xb1:: Powerstar Golf, Halo: TMCC, The Golf Club; :wiiu:: SSB U, Mario Kart 8; :pc:: NONE

#14 emperordahc  

emperordahc

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:40 PM

A big reason for this is none of the playsets (Cars, Lone Ranger, Toy Story, etc.) from Infinity work in Infinity 2.0. They just unlock all the toys for the Toy Box. This is a nice way to make sure you can pick up Infinity 2.0 and still play the older sets still at retail.
cagSig.png828689.png

#15 cubeenigma   Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer CAGiversary!   950 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:49 PM

So, what is a decent price on a base for this? All I saw was $20 or so on eBay, and if I'm paying $20 for a base and $10 for a character, then the free download gets kind of ruined by those immediate costs.

if that's the route you are thinking of going, might as well buy DI at target this week for $30 lol

#16 guessed   Newbie CAGiversary!   8133 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:05 PM

Hmm. I have the Wii-U starter kit. Most stores (BB, GS, Target) don't take the game in trade since it requires the base, but Walmart's trade site has a listing for "Nintendo WiiU Disney Infinity (Game Only)", trading in at $9.34.

Not much, but better than nothing if they'll actually take it.

Listing: http://walmart.cexch...pN/Sgmxa6k w==#
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#17 gthirst   Esper CAGiversary!   909 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:08 PM

Cool, will probably help with load times! Maybe I will trade the disk in. Somewhere will take it.

827681.png827683.png

TRADE LIST : NEW!!! 5-23-2015: Ps4 System, PS Silver Headset

REVIVE PHANTOM DUST / Now playing: BloodBorne

#18 maximumzero   Seriously, quit it. CAGiversary!   3814 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

maximumzero

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:22 PM

This was released primarily for owners of the Wii game that are upgrading to the Wii U for 2.0. This way they'll get the superior Wii U software without having to rebuy a starter pack.

FU7kFbw.png
Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop

#19 maximumzero   Seriously, quit it. CAGiversary!   3814 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

maximumzero

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:24 PM

Nab the starter pack at Target for $30. It includes three figures and a token that unlocks three play sets that aren't available outside of the starter pack.

The free download is literally just the software. Without the figures and token to unlock that actual game you won't be able to do much of anything.

Keep in mind this free download is largely for pre-existing customers, not new ones.

thanks for that... nevermind then lol

You can nab a Wii U base for $10 on eBay, and all your existing figures, discs, and playset tokens will work just fine with it.

FU7kFbw.png

#20 Lil Frier   Has been playing The Golf Club
XONE

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:36 PM

if that's the route you are thinking of going, might as well buy DI at target this week for $30 lol

Nab the starter pack at Target for $30. It includes three figures and a token that unlocks three play sets that aren't available outside of the starter pack.

The free download is literally just the software. Without the figures and token to unlock that actual game you won't be able to do much of anything.

Well, I'll have to think about that. $30 is a good price, considering I want no part of the Marvel crap in the new one. I just hate the starter packs of the game because the characters are so crappy. I mean, that's obviously their intent there, but it'd be cool if they instead made it a deal where it was the game and its hardware with any 3 characters, then sold the included guys separately with this stuff, instead of making us waste $20-30 on 3 characters most don't care about (compared to the standalone options).

Lil+Frier.png

Currently Playing: :xb1:: Powerstar Golf, Halo: TMCC, The Golf Club; :wiiu:: SSB U, Mario Kart 8; :pc:: NONE

#21 EldritchOnRye  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:41 PM

Thanks, I probably wouldn't have noticed this otherwise.  Would be nice if Skylanders did this.

3ds120.gif Tales of the Abyss   :pc: WoW  :wiiu: TBD :vita: MotoGP 14

:xb1: Smite  :ps4: TBD  :360: TBD   :ps3: TBD

Finished Games 2015: 26 - Recently Completed: :pc: Gone Home :hot:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#22 maximumzero   Seriously, quit it. CAGiversary!   3814 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

maximumzero

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:42 PM

Well, I'll have to think about that. $30 is a good price, considering I want no part of the Marvel crap in the new one. I just hate the starter packs of the game because the characters are so crappy. I mean, that's obviously their intent there, but it'd be cool if they instead made it a deal where it was the game and its hardware with any 3 characters, then sold the included guys separately with this stuff, instead of making us waste $20-30 on 3 characters most don't care about (compared to the standalone options).

Well, you could always wait it out for the Toy Box Starter Pack for 2.0. That comes with Merida and Switch, plus a base and the 2.0 software.

FU7kFbw.png

#23 emperordahc  

emperordahc

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:01 PM

Well, I'll have to think about that. $30 is a good price, considering I want no part of the Marvel crap in the new one. I just hate the starter packs of the game because the characters are so crappy.

The newly announced 2.0 Toy Box starter pack is cool. No Marvel stuff, and $20 cheaper.

16299373_201408151415.jpg
cagSig.png828689.png

#24 Bobby's Universe   All I Do is Win!!! CAGiversary!   2074 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

Bobby's Universe

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:10 PM

Thanks, I probably wouldn't have noticed this otherwise.  Would be nice if Skylanders did this.

Skylanders would be nice. My only gripe is how much Activision changed the portal after Giants.

I think I will wait for DI 2.0 to become available in the e-shop before I buy it. This way I don't have to buy another base & I can just buy the characters I want. It's rumored to hit the eshop during the holidays but who knows
Currently Playing
Untitled-2.gif GTA V
3ds120.gif Kid Icarus

#25 Bobby's Universe   All I Do is Win!!! CAGiversary!   2074 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

Bobby's Universe

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:14 PM

This was released primarily for owners of the Wii game that are upgrading to the Wii U for 2.0. This way they'll get the superior Wii U software without having to rebuy a starter pack.

Yeah, I think having to buy all the stuff to play the game kills the "deal"

Btw I'm glad that I didn't get rid of the ps3 version that I bought during Black Friday lol
Currently Playing
Untitled-2.gif GTA V
3ds120.gif Kid Icarus

#26 dschroll   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   470 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:19 PM

So, is it confirmed that the 1.0 DI stuff won't work on the 2.0 base?  Do you need to keep both bases?

#27 EldritchOnRye  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:29 PM

Skylanders would be nice. My only gripe is how much Activision changed the portal after Giants.

I think I will wait for DI 2.0 to become available in the e-shop before I buy it. This way I don't have to buy another base & I can just buy the characters I want. It's rumored to hit the eshop during the holidays but who knows

If it lets them do neat things with the gameplay I'm OK with them changing the portal.  The Swap Force portal change for example seemed justified since it was necessary to be able to use the two part characters.  But then requiring a new portal for this year's game (for the really gimmicky seeming traps) feels like it's crossing that line to where they're making changes just so you have to spend more money.  That I don't care for.

3ds120.gif Tales of the Abyss   :pc: WoW  :wiiu: TBD :vita: MotoGP 14

:xb1: Smite  :ps4: TBD  :360: TBD   :ps3: TBD

Finished Games 2015: 26 - Recently Completed: :pc: Gone Home :hot:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#28 Lil Frier   Has been playing The Golf Club
XONE

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:33 PM

Well, you could always wait it out for the Toy Box Starter Pack for 2.0. That comes with Merida and Switch, plus a base and the 2.0 software.

The newly announced 2.0 Toy Box starter pack is cool. No Marvel stuff, and $20 cheaper.

So what, $55 for that? I think I might still prefer the $30 1.0 game. Stitch is OK, but Meridia sucks. I'm still not entirely sure how these games work though. What do they mean by "Toy Box" starter, is there some meaningful game component missing (something about a game token for the first game was mentioned before)?

Might see about grabbing 1.0 for $30 now, then grabbing the non-Marvel 2.0 when it's about the same price or something.

Lil+Frier.png

#29 maximumzero   Seriously, quit it. CAGiversary!   3814 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

maximumzero

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:34 PM

So, is it confirmed that the 1.0 DI stuff won't work on the 2.0 base?  Do you need to keep both bases?

The bases are identical between versions. Figures and Power Discs from 1.0 work in 2.0.

The only that will be left behind in 1.0 is Playsets. Playsets for 1.0 will only work on the 1.0 software.

However, the Playset tokens, when placed on the base in 2.0, will unlock toys related to that Playset.

FU7kFbw.png

#30 spacegundam0079   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   903 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

spacegundam0079

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:39 PM

Nice work Op ! Downloading now and have a base plus figures from another system. Sweet :)
Posted Image