- - - - -

Titanfall (PC) $19.99 at Origin

#1 Pradbitt  

Pradbitt

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:22 PM

https://www.origin.c...tandard-edition

#2 Vigilante   Kept You Waiting, Huh? CAGiversary!   24141 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:23 PM

PC only. This should be mentioned in the thread title.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Pokemon Y; Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call :ps4: Bloodborne :ps3: MGS: Peace Walker HD; Ratchet & Clank HD :vita: XBlaze Code: Embryo

Last Beaten/Completed Game [4/25]:  :ps3: Castle of Illusion (4.25/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

So the moral of the story is Vig is awesome; all glory to the master flipper.

#3 dreamer131313   Has been playing Dying Light
XONE

dreamer131313

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:26 PM

https://www.origin.c...TdG.27UPz8IMHmw

very vague and uniformational title use this title instead : "Titanfall PC Download $19.99 @ Origin.com"

Edit: Nevermind fixed it as this was posting

#4 Shimrra   Hello Ladies !!! CAGiversary!   2399 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:50 PM

I can wait, by the holidays this should hit $10 or lower. 

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

x5e4xj.jpgShimrra74.png

#5 unluckynumber11   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   254 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

unluckynumber11

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:30 PM

The season pass is also on sale, $17.50. I would buy if it was on Amazon, since I have plenty of credit there.

#6 Bierno   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   267 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:02 PM

is there any way to get it cheaper? lol

I feel these games arent that popular since it aint on Steam haha

#7 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster CAGiversary!   16292 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Dark Souls
PC

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:27 PM

is there any way to get it cheaper? lol

I feel these games arent that popular since it aint on Steam haha

You should've won Titanfall PC (base-game) like I did on Twitter, in the contest right around the actual time of the game's official release when Peter Moore of EA was asking questions + first one to get it right got a code for it on Origin. 

;)

BTW - it was fun for 2 hours I played it for.

This game needs more modes + maps, IMHO.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#8 Alamo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1663 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:51 PM

It's $11.99 on the Mexican Origin Store.

#9 Pradbitt  

Pradbitt

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:13 PM

sorry guys quickly posted at work will try to check before posting next time!

#10 jrutz   An OG CAG since the Early Aughts CAGiversary!   1560 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:21 AM

Is anyone having problems checking out from the Origin store? Either Paypal or CC, it's throwing me error codes upon checking out.

#11 ochentay4   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   479 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:44 AM

Full game + season pass is $21.19 here in my country, should I get it? Anyone played the extra maps?

fs_overall.png

#12 Wool   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   240 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:50 AM

It should have been $20 when it launched. It's a pretty fun game, but it definitely feels like the first of a series. All the basic gameplay elements are in place, but there was obvious room for improvement.

And while I never had trouble finding matches, quite a few of them were unsatisfying and matched poorly. I felt like there weren't enough people to play with. Which I blame squarely on the price. Why do publishers never understand that there is too much worthwhile (and cheap) competition for PC gamers to want to spend $60 on a multiplayer game?

I remember the same thing happened with Shadowrun too. $60, required Vista. Good game that was sent out to die. Would have been great at $20. At least Titanfall looks like a game that was expensive to produce I guess, even if the content is a teensy bit shallow.

Bah, sorry ranting over. It's fun but a little simple. $20 is a good price, but probably the most I would spend.

#13 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   2107 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:01 AM

Full game + season pass is $21.19 here in my country, should I get it? Anyone played the extra maps?

I'm trying to decide if it's worth getting at that price as well. Base price is lower now, so if it's 75% off soon, might not be worth it.

#14 Jon7   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   745 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:52 AM

The DLC maps are definitely worth getting if you have the game. They are designed way better than the base maps with a lot cleaner wallrunning/parkouring routes.

BTW - it was fun for 2 hours I played it for.

This game needs more modes + maps, IMHO.

Definitely should have been more maps at launch with it being multiplayer only, but I am glad they didn't have more modes. 5/6 modes is enough, don't want the community to have been split any more than that, was bad enough they tried to remove the best gametype playlist, CTF, post launch because of low player count.

And while I never had trouble finding matches, quite a few of them were unsatisfying and matched poorly. I felt like there weren't enough people to play with. Which I blame squarely on the price. Why do publishers never understand that there is too much worthwhile (and cheap) competition for PC gamers to want to spend $60 on a multiplayer game?

A lot of publishers do, which is why there are so many free to play games out now and coming in the future. Sadly most of them are either pay to win or a very tedious grind unless you pay more than the price of a standard game.

Titanfall lost a lot of traction on PC because of poor initial matchmaking, no server browser, being only on Origin, and an advertising campaign that marketed it heavily as an "Xbox exclusive". It's sad because the game is so much better on PC than it is on console.