* * * * * 13 votes

GameStop TIV/Promos XXVI: Values available on Android/iOS app. Games with guaranteed $40/$30 and more!

gamestop gs trade tiv values trade-in trade-in values

#691 Jgel   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   369 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:38 PM

I could use a code if someone has a spare and I have a question.  If I get a code, do I just tell them the code while checking out since I don't have the physical coupon?  Is this frowned upon?  

#692 KnightOfTruth   Suikoden Collector CAGiversary!   1612 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

KnightOfTruth

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:39 PM

Really going to be interesting trying to get these values from the app I bet.

Well, I already went ahead and purchased the MLB from BestBuy so I'll let you all know later tonight how it goes.  I imagine with the "this offer will be honored for today's buisness day" wording right on the app they'll have to.  I know I would've as a former manager.

#693 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:40 PM

Nuke is coming. Just a matter of when. Could be any minute now...

For those thinking about locking in their trade values via iOS app, if the store decides to honor them, they will have to do a manual override per game which most reps are hesitant to do. Then you have to deal with getting them to accept the coupon with the override values. The rep might consider that "double dipping" and will tell you it's either or. I believe you guys will have a hard time with this approach but feel free to share your experience when you try.

I guess I'll see you most of you guys in the Best Buy trade thread once their systems are updated with the new trade values? :rofl:

The app does fortunately say base values at least which is... something.

#694 Megamania   Banned Banned   1922 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Megamania

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:40 PM

Well, I already went ahead and purchased the MLB from BestBuy so I'll let you all know later tonight how it goes.  I imagine with the "this offer will be honored for today's buisness day" wording right on the app they'll have to.  I know I would've as a former manager.

Yes, that won't be the problem though, the 50% stack will be.

#695 LichSlayer   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

LichSlayer

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:41 PM

I'm going to head out in a few minutes to see if I get lucky. I locked in all the games on my iPad and hope they will honor it. 

#696 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:44 PM

I guess the real question/drama then is if they do that do they have to manually adjust them to the 50% values or if they adjust them to the app values and scan the coupon will it work.  If it's the latter it seems more likely to work.

#697 Trenchalicious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1626 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Trenchalicious

Some gems:

Xbox 360 Base

Dead Rising 2 - $5

Call of Duty Black Ops - $10

Far Cry 2 - $4

Fight Night Round 4 - $5

Bioshock - $4

Seems like all the Call of Duty games got a nice boost. Dude bros rejoice.

I didn't notice any values dropping with the 25 games or so I traded in

PS4 -

Last of Us Remastered: 25 ($40 after bonus & PUR, sweet!)

Watch Dogs 25

Thief - 15

#698 JohnnySucco  

JohnnySucco

Just quickly ran over to a GS to do a trade in.  Old high values still holding strong so far.   Hopefully they hold a little longer.   Good luck

#699 RienBoyle72   Gamer on a budget CAGiversary!   431 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

RienBoyle72

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:46 PM

I just left gamestop (in the parking lot right now) it seems like they are going off the app values bc nothing was nuked for me
Xbone
cod ghost $22

Ps4
mlb 14 $30
nba 2k14 $20

burnout revenge $7.5
borderlands goty $10
saints row 2 $ 2.5
red dead redemption goty $10
Two worlds $2
DreamWorks super karts $6
soul caliber 5 $9
max Payne 3 $ 1.5
midnight club complete edition $5
cod modern warfare 3 $4

Wii
skyword sword $30 x2

Walked out with $302.79 after bonuses. He made a point to tell me they aren't supposed to take just the code, they are only supposed to give 50% with the physical coupon so ymmv on reading the code off your phone.

#700 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:46 PM

Ok thanks guys I see where I needed to go to the "next" page to see the nuked values.  Lost money big time waiting for this one, especially with MLB 14.

#701 KnightOfTruth   Suikoden Collector CAGiversary!   1612 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

KnightOfTruth

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:47 PM

Just quickly ran over to a GS to do a trade in.  Old high values still holding strong so far.   Hopefully they hold a little longer.   Good luck

Darn you people who have free time during the day! My envy is ready! ;)

#702 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11240 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:48 PM

Darn you people who have free time during the day! My envy is ready! ;)

yeah, i wont be able to do anything till after 3pm est. i guess i just hope and wait lol.

#703 Mafiacrooks   Trolololol CAGiversary!   705 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Mafiacrooks

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:49 PM

I guess their system didn't update then.

Good thing about this is that it won't update till tomorrow.

I was about to send them hate mail lol

#704 KnightOfTruth   Suikoden Collector CAGiversary!   1612 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

KnightOfTruth

yeah, i wont be able to do anything till after 3pm est. i guess i just hope and wait lol.

Still got me beat by about 3 hours or so :)

#705 xul  

Gamestop is on the central time zone, so newvalues probably didn't update til then, and may take some time to trickle down. I went right when they opened on the eastern time zone and got all pre-nuked values. If you're gonna trade, try to do it quick.

#706 Prison Mike   Don't Drop The Soap CAGiversary!   1741 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Prison Mike

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:50 PM

He made a point to tell me they aren't supposed to take just the code, they are only supposed to give 50% with the physical coupon so ymmv on reading the code off your phone.

Doesn't matter now. Once the values are nuked, everyone will be throwing their coupons in the trash

#707 kickrockz713   Say it again CAGiversary!   10675 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

kickrockz713

Really going to be interesting trying to get these values from the app I bet.

Going to one of my favorite stores, where I know the dude will give me the quotes. 

#708 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11240 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Yeah, if the values are still holding in store I think it won't get changed till tomorrow. I don't remember gamestop ever changing values mid day before.

#709 Geco17   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2877 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

I got all the values. I got $311.20 for my first trade. Will be going to another and a third later on. Should be getting $168 and $84.80 for the third. I did have another two sets coming in tomorrow from Amazon, but if values don't hold I'll just return them. Those sets are worth $107.20 each.

#710 DudeImGodly   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2869 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

DudeImGodly

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:54 PM

Yeah, if the values are still holding in store I think it won't get changed till tomorrow. I don't remember gamestop ever changing values mid day before.

past performance is not a guarantee of future results

#711 MSU_DVM   Let's Go Heat! CAGiversary!   1091 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:55 PM

I just traded in a few minutes ago and all the values were fine. I got $48 for Tales of Xillia 2, which is awesome and it saves me the trouble of having to sell my copy from the Best Buy, because I ended up buying the CE.

I got almost $400 in store credit, so I am very happy right now. I hope all you CAGS at work can get in on this :)

Also thanks again to Jaashua and r00kie for helping me find the 50% coupons.

#712 sladeums   fnord CAGiversary!   1634 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:56 PM

Just walked out the door.
All my values were what I expected.
Didn't have to bust out the trade Estimate.

But I've still got 6 games coming in the mail to trade this afternoon.
So see how that goes.

#713 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

So basically, what I've gathered from all this panic is that the stores are still giving out the high trade values.  The online trade in page is the only place that is showing that a TIV nuke is incoming. 

I don't remember exactly but wasn't it a year ago or so when we had a TIV nuke at GS mid-day? It was a rare occurrence from what I recall.  Nukes generally happen overnight.  Hopefully if the values don't update in their POS until after their daily system update, that would mean there's a chance the values hold for just today at least.

#714 KnightOfTruth   Suikoden Collector CAGiversary!   1612 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

KnightOfTruth

Saw someone posting (like 30 pages back now haha) about Etrian Odyssey games - if they're CIB and you haven't traded them in yet or they get nuked, I may be interested - PM me ;)

#715 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:57 PM

I'm going to go trade in ATK to spite them.

#716 ZeroNightmare   Master Bait CAGiversary!   1561 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

ZeroNightmare

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:59 PM

Traded another mlb 14 ps3,

$35 base :drool:

#717 Mafiacrooks   Trolololol CAGiversary!   705 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Mafiacrooks

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:00 PM

So basically, what I've gathered from all this panic is that the stores are still giving out the high trade values. The online trade in page is the only place that is showing that a TIV nuke is incoming.

I don't remember exactly but wasn't it a year ago or so when we had a TIV nuke at GS mid-day? It was a rare occurrence from what I recall. Nukes generally happen overnight. Hopefully if the values don't update in their POS until after their daily system update, that would mean there's a chance the values hold for just today at least.

Might have missed that, but it is to my understanding that the POS updates at night. I'm gonna give my fellow employees a call since I don't work today, to check is corporate sends any emails regarding the nuked TIV

#718 KnightOfTruth   Suikoden Collector CAGiversary!   1612 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

KnightOfTruth

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:00 PM

I'm going to go trade in ATK to spite them.

:D/

#719 Megamania   Banned Banned   1922 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Megamania

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:01 PM

Traded another mlb 14 ps3,

$35 base :drool:

So you guys are just basically buying the combo pack and the trading it back in?

Full price at GS?

#720 Mafiacrooks   Trolololol CAGiversary!   705 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Mafiacrooks

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:03 PM

So you guys are just basically buying the combo pack and the trading it back in?

Full price at GS?

What I did is go to BBY and price matched Fry's, 54 for the bundle out the door.

Unfortunately I work for GS so I can't trade more than 2 copies max, and can only trade in at 1 store.