* * * * * 3 votes

Wal-Mart Tradein 50% Bonus toward Madden 15

#1 tdn327   Chinky CAG CAGiversary!   50 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:39 AM

50% Bonus on game to apply for Madden 15 / Destiny.

Offer start Aug. 31 to Sept. 6

http://weeklyads.wal...ervices/walmart

NOW REQUIRES MINIMUM 2 GAMES TO QUALIFY 50% Bonus

Pre-Order Destiny

Get the Destiny Reserve Card (PS3/PS4) and ask the CS to enter the first 11 digit from the barcode.

Max 2 per same title per transaction per format. Ex. 2 x Watch Dog PS4 2 x Watch Dog PS3 is valid

If your gift card does not have a bar code use the last 16 digit to use at register.

Disclaimer: Wal-Mart Tradein is sometimes time consuming and possible fail due to untrain CS

Edited by tdn327, 04 September 2014 - 03:19 AM.

#2 Liquid Metal   hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!! CAGiversary!   1325 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Liquid Metal

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:28 AM

So sunday will be crazy with bb and walmart 50% followed by gs monday boost.

Its gonna be crazy.

It does say with madden purchase, so it might not start until tuesday when madden comes out. You can always return the madden game later on.

#3 DealSeeker2U   Seize the deal! CAGiversary!   7606 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition

DealSeeker2U

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:26 AM

So sunday will be crazy with bb and walmart 50% followed by gs monday boost.

Its gonna be crazy.

It does say with madden purchase, so it might not start until tuesday when madden comes out. You can always return the madden game later on.

uh5A6.gif

Spoiler

#4 DealSeeker2U   Seize the deal! CAGiversary!   7606 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition

DealSeeker2U

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:28 AM

Walmart game trade-in value look up site:

http://walmart.cexch...ing/index.rails

Spoiler

#5 poorgamer01  

poorgamer01

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:54 AM

Wish the walmarts in my area do trade ins.

#6 TYmaster50   Superior CAG CAG Veteran   338 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

TYmaster50

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:55 AM

they had this a month ago, pre order madden 25 get 50% trade in. Wonder if you actually have to buy the game this time. 

TYruler50.png

#7 Liquid Metal   hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!! CAGiversary!   1325 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Liquid Metal

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:03 AM

You can always just return it. Also, whose the tasty dish in your avatar.

#8 Irukandji   Gold Guns Girls CAGiversary!   939 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:57 PM

Best of luck to anyone who tries to trade in there.

One Walmart took a half hour to trade in 2 games, the guy couldn't find a preorder card and followed me around making sure I wasn't spending my paper gift card on other merchandise.

I went to another Walmart hoping for a better experience.  The two employees in electronics both told me they don't buy games.  I told them there was signage everywhere (there were multiple signs in their department alone) and they were listed as a store that does trade ins.  They called a manager and the manager said they do trade ins.  After fiddling with the computer for 20 minutes they both told me they only accept NEW GAMES AND DO NOT TAKE PRE-OWNED GAMES FOR TRADE IN.  I was like "that's impossible, can you call a manager again."  The manager confirmed they they would only take new games.  So, I left after 30 minutes with nothing to show for it. 

card.png

#9 xXI SPECTER IXx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   712 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

xXI SPECTER IXx

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:42 PM

This looks enticing. however, my walmart is notorious for bad experiences.

#10 mask-air-raid   Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda Banned   5809 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

mask-air-raid

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:49 PM

One Walmart took a half hour to trade in 2 games, the guy couldn't find a preorder card and followed me around making sure I wasn't spending my paper gift card on other merchandise.

I went to another Walmart hoping for a better experience. The two employees in electronics both told me they don't buy games. I told them there was signage everywhere (there were multiple signs in their department alone) and they were listed as a store that does trade ins. They called a manager and the manager said they do trade ins. After fiddling with the computer for 20 minutes they both told me they only accept NEW GAMES AND DO NOT TAKE PRE-OWNED GAMES FOR TRADE IN. I was like "that's impossible, can you call a manager again." The manager confirmed they they would only take new games. So, I left after 30 minutes with nothing to show for it.

You should report that Walmart to corporate. I think they would like to hear that.

Anyway, called it. Last minute promo.
Swag Bucks referral: http://swagbucks.com/refer/newmask
GiftHulk invite code:RD172480
ShopKick: http://get.shopkick.com/barium13444
Gets you GC and PayPal cash. Over 0 CAGs referred!
Send me a PM if you use my links so I know who you are.

#11 xXI SPECTER IXx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   712 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

xXI SPECTER IXx

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:56 PM

I hope their is a fifa 14 one, but having some doubts as it is not as big as american football.

#12 mask-air-raid   Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda Banned   5809 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

mask-air-raid

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:59 PM

I hope their is a fifa 14 one, but having some doubts as it is not as big as american football.

It already got released like a year ago. I've owned it like ten times.

#13 Kerig   Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL! CAGiversary!   5833 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:13 PM

After fiddling with the computer for 20 minutes they both told me they only accept NEW GAMES AND DO NOT TAKE PRE-OWNED GAMES FOR TRADE IN.  I was like "that's impossible, can you call a manager again."  The manager confirmed they they would only take new games.  So, I left after 30 minutes with nothing to show for it. 

All this time talking about return fraud for bringing new games to return to WM Customer Service, and now they're literally asking for it...

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#14 xXI SPECTER IXx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   712 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

xXI SPECTER IXx

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:24 PM

Mark, what i meant was i hope you can trade Fifa 14 towards the new Fifa 15 as a promotion. I have fifa 14 already, close to an year as you say, but want fifa 15 which comes out next month.

#15 tdn327   Chinky CAG CAGiversary!   50 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:36 PM

My experience for walmart tradein is about 30min for 3 game (20min waiting for a cs and 10min to walk them thru the process)

#16 mask-air-raid   Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda Banned   5809 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

mask-air-raid

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:38 PM

Mark, what i meant was i hope you can trade Fifa 14 towards the new Fifa 15 as a promotion. I have fifa 14 already, close to an year as you say, but want fifa 15 which comes out next month.

Mark?

Walmart appears to do percentage bonuses. Best Buy has done $10 trade up offers and they're doing one now. FIFA was on their platform trade up promotion last time so it might happen with 15 this time.

#17 dorkyden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   577 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:42 PM

DO NOT try the walmart in store trade in if you have high blood pressure or heart problems. while I am sure there are good people working in walmart, 99.9999999999999999999% of them are the dumbest, laziest, and most uninformed workers on the planet

Join Perk and make easy Amazon credit 

Join Swagbucks and get up to $5 Amazon credit every 9 days! 

#18 xXI SPECTER IXx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   712 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

xXI SPECTER IXx

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:07 PM

Stupid auto correct, sorry about that. Sweet, that would be cool. I have never participated in $10 promo, how does that work? Currently, walmart trade in value for fifa 15 for xb1 is $23 and change.

However, after reading dorkyden's post, im thinking it would be out of the question. I have a heart mermer and could really not afford to suffer from the hassle at walmart.

#19 mask-air-raid   Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda Banned   5809 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

mask-air-raid

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:22 PM

The promotions that give you coupons are in store only. You need to have only one qualifying game in your traded games to get one. If you have two or more, then only one will print.

Walmart typically is better than Best Buy, but they probably won't have anything other than another 50% trade if they even have one. We'll see as we get closer to the release of FIFA 15.

#20 dorkyden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   577 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:26 PM

and FYI, you cant trade in more than 2 copies per platform per transaction and there's a $250 max limit per transaction. 

Join Perk and make easy Amazon credit 

Join Swagbucks and get up to $5 Amazon credit every 9 days! 

#21 The Orange Alert  

The Orange Alert

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:12 PM

Consider this my backup for if Gamestop nukes their values on Monday. 

#22 ajpearman  

ajpearman

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:27 AM

If anyone has questions about the trade-in process, I got you guys.

I'm a CompSci student who works in probably the only good electronics department in any Walmart ever. Trust me I know how frustrating it can be.

#23 DealSeeker4U   Get the Deal! CAGiversary!   602 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

DealSeeker4U

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:32 AM

This could be interesting. Maybe not as good as triple Target credit from a few months ago, but if the prices don't get nuked, there are some pretty good deals! 

Example: Mario Kart 8 trades in for $39.27 right now, after 50%, that is just about $60 trade credit!

#24 loveangel   Master CAGiversary!   823 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:39 AM

this one is crazy

Games My life..14.png

#25 imme2007   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   700 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:52 AM

how would you do this on the 24th if it doesnt come out til the 26th?

#26 sfabo   bro CAGiversary!   641 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:56 AM

In for potential awesome

#27 Gdogg   Scarlett Johansson's future ex-husband CAGiversary!   253 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:13 AM

I went to another Walmart hoping for a better experience.  The two employees in electronics both told me they don't buy games.  I told them there was signage everywhere (there were multiple signs in their department alone) and they were listed as a store that does trade ins.  They called a manager and the manager said they do trade ins.  After fiddling with the computer for 20 minutes they both told me they only accept NEW GAMES AND DO NOT TAKE PRE-OWNED GAMES FOR TRADE IN.  I was like "that's impossible, can you call a manager again."  The manager confirmed they they would only take new games.  So, I left after 30 minutes with nothing to show for it. 

If this happened to me, I would get a gaming dept person, walk around the game cases picking out 15-20 random new games(making sure they had to unlock as many sliding doors as possible) and then when its time to pay, say:    "NOOoooo   I don't want to buy these, I want to trade them in!"     :)

FYI If you are bringing in games from gamestop, its always a good idea (although not necessary) to remove all of the preowned stickers.   This might be why they freaked out in your situation

#28 davisdj   CAG for life CAGiversary!   355 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:17 AM

If this happened to me, I would get a gaming dept person, walk around the game cases picking out 15-20 random new games(making sure they had to unlock as many sliding doors as possible) and then when its time to pay, say:    "NOOoooo   I don't want to buy these, I want to trade them in!"     :)

:lol:

Only accepting new games for trade in. Lord have mercy.... :pray:

Check out my trade list please.

Join Bing Rewards, earn free rewards & I'll earn some as well. Thanks.

#29 Sunrisecityrider  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:33 PM

how would you do this on the 24th if it doesnt come out til the 26th?

This promo will have to start on the 26th for the bonus to work. This promo is to actually buy the game not preorder it so expect to be rejected if Madden 15 isn't being bought in the transaction.

In my walmart, I had to spend the money anyways since it became my local law not to give out straight gift cards. So I just spend it all on a few games that goes a little above the total, pay the difference with a card and then turn around and return it all to get a plastic gift card. It's silly but necessary to get the actual gift card I desire.

#30 A Halo Turtle   A Halo Turtle CAGiversary!   133 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

A Halo Turtle

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:12 PM

How do you get the coupon required to get the 50% bonus at Gamestop? Or is it just going to apply to all trades? I want to compare the Gamestop, Best Buy, and Walmart values to make sure I can get the most from my games im planning on trading in.