Wal-Mart Tradein 50% Bonus toward Madden 15

tdn327

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
50% Bonus on game to apply for Madden 15 / Destiny.

Offer start Aug. 31 to Sept. 6

http://weeklyads.walmart.com/hosted_services/walmart

NOW REQUIRES MINIMUM 2 GAMES TO QUALIFY 50% Bonus

Pre-Order Destiny

Get the Destiny Reserve Card (PS3/PS4) and ask the CS to enter the first 11 digit from the barcode.

Max 2 per same title per transaction per format. Ex. 2 x Watch Dog PS4 2 x Watch Dog PS3 is valid

If your gift card does not have a bar code use the last 16 digit to use at register.

Disclaimer: Wal-Mart Tradein is sometimes time consuming and possible fail due to untrain CS

Last edited by a moderator:
So sunday will be crazy with bb and walmart 50% followed by gs monday boost.

Its gonna be crazy.

It does say with madden purchase, so it might not start until tuesday when madden comes out. You can always return the madden game later on.

So sunday will be crazy with bb and walmart 50% followed by gs monday boost.

Its gonna be crazy.

It does say with madden purchase, so it might not start until tuesday when madden comes out. You can always return the madden game later on.
uh5A6.gif

Best of luck to anyone who tries to trade in there.

One Walmart took a half hour to trade in 2 games, the guy couldn't find a preorder card and followed me around making sure I wasn't spending my paper gift card on other merchandise.

I went to another Walmart hoping for a better experience.  The two employees in electronics both told me they don't buy games.  I told them there was signage everywhere (there were multiple signs in their department alone) and they were listed as a store that does trade ins.  They called a manager and the manager said they do trade ins.  After fiddling with the computer for 20 minutes they both told me they only accept NEW GAMES AND DO NOT TAKE PRE-OWNED GAMES FOR TRADE IN.  I was like "that's impossible, can you call a manager again."  The manager confirmed they they would only take new games.  So, I left after 30 minutes with nothing to show for it. 

One Walmart took a half hour to trade in 2 games, the guy couldn't find a preorder card and followed me around making sure I wasn't spending my paper gift card on other merchandise.

I went to another Walmart hoping for a better experience. The two employees in electronics both told me they don't buy games. I told them there was signage everywhere (there were multiple signs in their department alone) and they were listed as a store that does trade ins. They called a manager and the manager said they do trade ins. After fiddling with the computer for 20 minutes they both told me they only accept NEW GAMES AND DO NOT TAKE PRE-OWNED GAMES FOR TRADE IN. I was like "that's impossible, can you call a manager again." The manager confirmed they they would only take new games. So, I left after 30 minutes with nothing to show for it.
You should report that Walmart to corporate. I think they would like to hear that.

Anyway, called it. Last minute promo.

After fiddling with the computer for 20 minutes they both told me they only accept NEW GAMES AND DO NOT TAKE PRE-OWNED GAMES FOR TRADE IN. I was like "that's impossible, can you call a manager again." The manager confirmed they they would only take new games. So, I left after 30 minutes with nothing to show for it.
All this time talking about return fraud for bringing new games to return to WM Customer Service, and now they're literally asking for it...

Mark, what i meant was i hope you can trade Fifa 14 towards the new Fifa 15 as a promotion. I have fifa 14 already, close to an year as you say, but want fifa 15 which comes out next month.

My experience for walmart tradein is about 30min for 3 game (20min waiting for a cs and 10min to walk them thru the process)

Mark, what i meant was i hope you can trade Fifa 14 towards the new Fifa 15 as a promotion. I have fifa 14 already, close to an year as you say, but want fifa 15 which comes out next month.
Mark?

Walmart appears to do percentage bonuses. Best Buy has done $10 trade up offers and they're doing one now. FIFA was on their platform trade up promotion last time so it might happen with 15 this time.

DO NOT try the walmart in store trade in if you have high blood pressure or heart problems. while I am sure there are good people working in walmart, 99.9999999999999999999% of them are the dumbest, laziest, and most uninformed workers on the planet

Stupid auto correct, sorry about that. Sweet, that would be cool. I have never participated in $10 promo, how does that work? Currently, walmart trade in value for fifa 15 for xb1 is $23 and change.

However, after reading dorkyden's post, im thinking it would be out of the question. I have a heart mermer and could really not afford to suffer from the hassle at walmart.

The promotions that give you coupons are in store only. You need to have only one qualifying game in your traded games to get one. If you have two or more, then only one will print.

Walmart typically is better than Best Buy, but they probably won't have anything other than another 50% trade if they even have one. We'll see as we get closer to the release of FIFA 15.

and FYI, you cant trade in more than 2 copies per platform per transaction and there's a $250 max limit per transaction. 

If anyone has questions about the trade-in process, I got you guys.

I'm a CompSci student who works in probably the only good electronics department in any Walmart ever. Trust me I know how frustrating it can be.

This could be interesting. Maybe not as good as triple Target credit from a few months ago, but if the prices don't get nuked, there are some pretty good deals! 

Example: Mario Kart 8 trades in for $39.27 right now, after 50%, that is just about $60 trade credit!

I went to another Walmart hoping for a better experience. The two employees in electronics both told me they don't buy games. I told them there was signage everywhere (there were multiple signs in their department alone) and they were listed as a store that does trade ins. They called a manager and the manager said they do trade ins. After fiddling with the computer for 20 minutes they both told me they only accept NEW GAMES AND DO NOT TAKE PRE-OWNED GAMES FOR TRADE IN. I was like "that's impossible, can you call a manager again." The manager confirmed they they would only take new games. So, I left after 30 minutes with nothing to show for it.
If this happened to me, I would get a gaming dept person, walk around the game cases picking out 15-20 random new games(making sure they had to unlock as many sliding doors as possible) and then when its time to pay, say: "NOOoooo I don't want to buy these, I want to trade them in!" :)

FYI If you are bringing in games from gamestop, its always a good idea (although not necessary) to remove all of the preowned stickers. This might be why they freaked out in your situation

If this happened to me, I would get a gaming dept person, walk around the game cases picking out 15-20 random new games(making sure they had to unlock as many sliding doors as possible) and then when its time to pay, say: "NOOoooo I don't want to buy these, I want to trade them in!" :)
:lol:

Only accepting new games for trade in. Lord have mercy.... :pray:

how would you do this on the 24th if it doesnt come out til the 26th?
This promo will have to start on the 26th for the bonus to work. This promo is to actually buy the game not preorder it so expect to be rejected if Madden 15 isn't being bought in the transaction.

In my walmart, I had to spend the money anyways since it became my local law not to give out straight gift cards. So I just spend it all on a few games that goes a little above the total, pay the difference with a card and then turn around and return it all to get a plastic gift card. It's silly but necessary to get the actual gift card I desire.

How do you get the coupon required to get the 50% bonus at Gamestop? Or is it just going to apply to all trades? I want to compare the Gamestop, Best Buy, and Walmart values to make sure I can get the most from my games im planning on trading in.

Got rejected cause they had no preorder cards and can't buy the game until Tuesday but had no reasonable excuse why they couldn't attempt it. Talked in circles and I proved them wrong each time(peacefully and calm) but they pressed they couldn't. Gonna try another one later.

Since Walmart uses Cexchange to take in your traded games, you may have a problem trying to return Madden 15 when purchased in the same transaction as the trade-in of your games if the process is anything like the experience some had when trading games into the Microsoft Store during their promo when pre-ordering a game. If they saw that you pre-ordered the game with the trade-in credit they would flat out refuse to return the pre-order (in most cases). I'm not saying that will happen here, but don't be surprised if it does.

How do you get the coupon required to get the 50% bonus at Gamestop? Or is it just going to apply to all trades? I want to compare the Gamestop, Best Buy, and Walmart values to make sure I can get the most from my games im planning on trading in.
It will most likely be a prompt in the register during the trade-in process. It would be wise to make sure that they check the box to make sure you get the bonus TIV.

Call of duty ghosts

24.48 regular price 36.72 with 50% bonus
Hopefully the TIV will hold until Tuesday! :)

Got rejected cause they had no preorder cards and can't buy the game until Tuesday but had no reasonable excuse why they couldn't attempt it. Talked in circles and I proved them wrong each time(peacefully and calm) but they pressed they couldn't. Gonna try another one later.
The ad says this: "Trade in your used games and get an extra 50% bonus credit with the purchase of Madden '15". They can probably technically do it without you buying the game, but I don't think any of them will put their neck on the line and do it without you purchasing the game.

I don't understand why I won't be able to return anything I purchase from Walmart if I have the receipt. 

The Madden game isn't purchased as a trade from CE, its purchased with Walmart Store credit and sold to you by Walmart. 

I don't understand why I won't be able to return anything I purchase from Walmart if I have the receipt.

The Madden game isn't purchased as a trade from CE, its purchased from Walmart Store credit and sold to you by Walmart.
I'm just providing my personal experience trying to return something purchased with credit from a Cexchange trade-in. This is different enough from the MS Store promo a few months ago so it probably won't be an issue, but I wanted to set expectations in case they handle it the same way.

I'm just providing my personal experience trying to return something purchased with credit from a Cexchange trade-in. This is different enough from the MS Store promo a few months ago so it probably won't be an issue, but I wanted to set expectations in case they handle it the same way.
The trade in part is done on the cell phone computer. The purchase is done at the register. Totally separate systems

I'm just hoping I don't have to spend a half day at walmart to trade in 5 games.

I just tried this morning and its a no go. 50% extra does not show up or the page to chose promotion does not show up. Will try again tuesday

luckily for me the people at my walmart know me and that i trade alot so I do all my trading there,so except for the first couple of times I have no problems trading in there,i got trained them all how to do it :p ,usually in and out in 5 mins

hope i can return madden though,i am planning on doing some serious trading trying to knock down the price of my xbox one limited COD edition,right now I have it at $400

The associate's at my store are comically bad at doing the trade ins. I'd advise everyone to get there early so the Dept. Manager does your trade in.

bread's done
Back