Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack for Xbox One $17.99 Free Shipping at Microsoft Store

I wanted to buy this, but hearing you need different characters for certain levels scared me away.
You can play the entire game with the characters provided. You can still get all the 'chieves too (providing you have an extra controller for 3 co-op achievements).

You can play the entire game with the characters provided. You can still get all the 'chieves too (providing you have an extra controller for 3 co-op achievements).
Yeah it's doable but I run through a ton of characters playing through on Nightmare difficulty. Maybe if they were all maxed out Id last longer but it's not like they're all level 1

Last edited by a moderator:
I have both and unless you're going for gamerscore there's really no need to "upgrade"
Thanks. I am an achievement whore, but I'll probably never get around to playing it twice unless it's really fast achievements. I was thinking about buying the xbox one version and selling my sealed 360 starter pack. I guess it's not worth the trouble.

Thanks. I am an achievement whore, but I'll probably never get around to playing it twice unless it's really fast achievements. I was thinking about buying the xbox one version and selling my sealed 360 starter pack. I guess it's not worth the trouble.
You're welcome. If you need a boosting buddy add me on XBL

Publisher is too GREEDy released too many useless characters. I will get Disney Infinity Marvels over New Skylanders.
That's funny. Disney Infinity is far more money grabby than Skylanders. Not saying Skylanders isn't, but Disney Infinity is on another level.

I decided to give Skylanders a shot recently, and I enjoy it. You don't NEED extra characters, I actually liked it enough to buy a few though.

:eek: when did it become OK to like these types of games? I feel like in the past, everyone was using the "getting it for my kid/little brother/nephew/neighbor" excuse. :x is there any challenge?

:eek: when did it become OK to like these types of games? I feel like in the past, everyone was using the "getting it for my kid/little brother/nephew/neighbor" excuse. :x is there any challenge?
I really did get it for my son for xmas but now he and his friends are too cool for skylanders so i decided to play all 3 of them before selling everything. I have fun with it. Is it a complex story or incredible graphics...hell no. But I'm old enough that I played on the original Atari so everything looks good to me. Someone else in another thread compared it to a PS2 platformer and I'd have to agree. Similar to a Ratchet & Clank maybe? Only difficulty is if you are trying to get all trophies. Nightmare difficulty can be hard. Went through a whole stack of skylanders that were upgraded before I beat it.

Publisher is too GREEDy released too many useless characters. I will get Disney Infinity Marvels over New Skylanders.
I assume this is a joke post. 90% of Disney Infinity characters you buy you cannot even use in the real game. On top of that the game is like a polished up PSX bargain bin title.

Ill admit I bought Giants so that I had a game I could play with my nephew. It is a fun game, no matter your age. There really isnt much challenge to it but that doesnt take away from the fun. Just think of it as a Nintendo game; its made for kids but anyone can enjoy them.

I loved Spyro's Adventure.
Giants felt like a quick cash grab and it got me to say FU to Skylanders and try Infinity. Infinity WAS a quick cash grab and unlike Skylanders were you could increase the difficulty to not be babby mode, Infinity is all babby all the time.
Picked up Swap Force on the cheap, and loved it.
My teenage son and I play through them, and highly enjoy them once the difficulty is cranked up.
That said, I have full sets of figures from all three (not counting stupid rare variants) sets and will be skipping trap team until it's sub $20 and has positive reviews. (which based on swap force, shouldnt be hard).

I loved Spyro's Adventure.
Giants felt like a quick cash grab and it got me to say FU to Skylanders and try Infinity. Infinity WAS a quick cash grab and unlike Skylanders were you could increase the difficulty to not be babby mode, Infinity is all babby all the time.
Picked up Swap Force on the cheap, and loved it.
My teenage son and I play through them, and highly enjoy them once the difficulty is cranked up.
That said, I have full sets of figures from all three (not counting stupid rare variants) sets and will be skipping trap team until it's sub $20 and has positive reviews. (which based on swap force, shouldnt be hard).
The one positive thing about Giants is Activision didn't go crazy on the new characters - 1 Giant & 1 Regular for each element (16 new). While Swap Force was a much better game, technically, I wasn't thrilled with 32 new characters. I believe Trap Team has at least 32 new characters - not sure how the traps work (if that's 32+ or 32 w/ traps). I have Trap Team pre-ordered w/ an earlier in the year BBY glitch, so it was $30. I'm going to try to hold off on buying the characters until they go on sale.

Disney Infinity - I don't prefer the gimmick where characters are world-specific, with - it seems at least half - only work in Toy Box mode (which, to me, is not fun). And then there's the barely useful power-discs, most only applicable to Toy Box mode (why couldn't they have been unlockable like everything else)?

Stay away from both games if you're a completionist and have a videogame budget ;)

Does the portal for xbox one work on other systems? Looking for a cheap way to buy in to skylanders.

Also this is a great credit mover to amazon, thanks to the above poster! I have a ton of ms store credit from the trade in deal a few months ago that I'll be moving over.

Does the portal for xbox one work on other systems? Looking for a cheap way to buy in to skylanders.

Also this is a great credit mover to amazon, thanks to the above poster! I have a ton of ms store credit from the trade in deal a few months ago that I'll be moving over.
My understanding is that xbox is the only portal that DOES NOT work with other systems unfortunately. But I've never personally attempted.

My understanding is that xbox is the only portal that DOES NOT work with other systems unfortunately. But I've never personally attempted.
I heard that about the 360 portal but couldn't find out for xbox one. If the one portal works on 360 that's fine too, I'll just get the previous games on 360.

bread's done
Back