* - - - - 1 votes

Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy @ Best Buy $24.99...$19.99 w/ GCU

#1 apellica   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   11 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

apellica

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:02 PM

Hi all,

I didn't see this anywhere posted but the Professory Layton and the Azran Legacy for the Nintendo 3DS is on sale at Best Buy for $24.99.  If you have a GCU, then it's only $19.99.  Looked like a good deal to me so I picked it up.

Hope this helps any of you that are interested in this game.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/professor-layton-and-the-azran-legacy-nintendo-3ds/3044088.p?id=1219086456214&skuId=3044088&st=professor%20layton%20and%20the%20azran%20legacy&lp=1&cp=1

-apellica

#2 io   ... Super Moderators   23466 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:38 PM

Thanks - ordered one. I thought I had played them all but it looks like I completely missed this one somehow. Though I may find out once I get it that I already have it somewhere ;).

#3 Doomburrito7   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   105 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Doomburrito7

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:39 PM

Ha! Just finished it today. Weakest Prof Layton game. Good deal though!

#4 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   15995 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:53 PM

Thanks - ordered one. I thought I had played them all but it looks like I completely missed this one somehow. Though I may find out once I get it that I already have it somewhere ;).

I think a lot of people skipped this one.  It came out not that long after Miracle Mask and somehow flew under the radar.  Probably a rush job.

Trades in to amazon/walmart for $16.xx so worth a shot.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#5 johnston306   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   560 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

johnston306

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:51 PM

I think a lot of people skipped this one.  It came out not that long after Miracle Mask and somehow flew under the radar.  Probably a rush job.

Trades in to amazon/walmart for $16.xx so worth a shot.

Rush job :shame:  it originally came out two years after Miracle Mask...Curious Village and Diabolical Box came out same year, Unwound Future came out the following year, and Last Specter the year after that...

It's a fun game just like all the other ones, I don't think this is much of a spoiler but Azran Legacy has tons of different locations to explore also.

#6 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   2224 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:52 PM

Seems like a good deal but I still havent played the first 3 games from the ds that I own

StudentofTruth.png

#7 ThusSpokeZarathustra   Listen to the tiny trollop! CAGiversary!   891 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

ThusSpokeZarathustra

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:54 PM

Seems like a good deal but I still havent played the first 3 games from the ds that I own

Tell me about it, haha. I own EVERY single Layton game except for Layton vs Phoenix Wright and I haven't played one for more than five minutes.

#8 Crono139   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   165 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Crono139

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:32 PM

Same price on Amazon.

#9 Gameboy415   16-bits of awesome CAGiversary!   3375 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:13 PM

Awesome, I've been waiting for this one to drop at Best Buy - just ordered a copy (& pre-ordered Theatrhythm: Curtain Call).

Thanks for the heads up, OP! :D

Visit amiibros.com for pre-order links, information, & news about amiibo figures, Nintendo Figma, World of Nintendo figures, and more!

Check out Anomaly 1729, my team's upcoming game, on Steam Greenlight!

#10 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   15995 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:17 PM

Rush job :shame: it originally came out two years after Miracle Mask...Curious Village and Diabolical Box came out same year, Unwound Future came out the following year, and Last Specter the year after that...

It's a fun game just like all the other ones, I don't think this is much of a spoiler but Azran Legacy has tons of different locations to explore also.

Hahah I thought about looking up release dates before posting figuring someone else would call me out on it if I didn't. Shit maybe I'm just getting old and the years are rushing by.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#11 HDShadow   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   531 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:18 PM

I just bought Layton/Phoenix Wright, should this be a good game to get a feel of what I'm doing, never had an interest in Layton.

774462.png

#12 usagi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1096 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:15 PM

Any idea if this is just a unlisted deal for the 4 day labor day sale or it is part of the weekly sale.  I checked the ad and labor day sale 3ds game list, didn't see the game in there.

#13 seraph011   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   259 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

seraph011

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:25 PM

Amazon also price matched if anyone wants it there..

#14 GlassDarkly   The Boney King of Nowhere CAGiversary!   231 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

GlassDarkly

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:01 PM

I just went and looked and didn't see it ... actually, I haven't seen it in stock at Amazon for about a month (not even by now and ship later -- just not carried anymore). That's why I picked it up at WalMart a few weeks ago when I saw it was $30.

#15 Crono139   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   165 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Crono139

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:09 PM

I just went and looked and didn't see it ... actually, I haven't seen it in stock at Amazon for about a month (not even by now and ship later -- just not carried anymore). That's why I picked it up at WalMart a few weeks ago when I saw it was $30.

There were only 6 copies left at the time of the post, IIRC. :cry:

#16 inky1600   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1326 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:13 PM

Not unless they sell it for $19.99. Best Buy it is then(just checked and its only third party sellers selling high on Amazon that I saw)

#17 RiceQuakes Classic   The One, the Only.....RiceQuakes CAGiversary!   3654 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

RiceQuakes Classic

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:49 PM

Played almost all of them (in the middle of the 5th). I'm sure this one rocks like the other PL games. :D

C5CU5yg.gif?1efPcwsX.gifj5IniQc.gif

Spoiler

#18 io   ... Super Moderators   23466 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:06 PM

Yeah, I have yet to play a single Phoenix Wright game, despite getting them all pretty much when they came out. But I believe that besides this one, I've played all the Layton games. I think I passed on this one at launch because I had been burned on the last couple getting cheap not too long after I bought them. Looks like it paid off.

And I had just traded some games in to Best Buy yesterday, so I used that credit to get it.

#19 pittsnoggle   Acting Lord CAGiversary!   2367 Posts   Joined 1.7 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:33 PM

been collecting ds/3ds lately so grabbing this one

690810.png

#20 tearsintherain  

tearsintherain

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:37 PM

stock is definitely weird on this one, at one best buy I visited they had 0 of this, at another they had 20+

bought two, one for me and traded one to gamestop for $22.40 after bonuses ($14 base) 

#21 TerraEpon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   206 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:15 AM

Tell me about it, haha. I own EVERY single Layton game except for Layton vs Phoenix Wright and I haven't played one for more than five minutes.

Heh, I played through the first three. First one I got done quick, second one took a bit longer, and third one even longer. By two hours in the fourth I just kinda burned out. Obviously they came out in much larger intervals but still, they do get kinda meh after a while. I'm not even putting #6 on my wishlist until I'm done with #4, and who knows when that will be.

#22 sadakou   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   189 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:40 AM

Probably best to wait a bit for this to drop to $10 at Best Buy just like Miracle Mask did. Shouldn't be much longer now if it drops as fast as MM did.

#23 crzyboy88   This is a witty title CAGiversary!   1317 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:56 AM

Probably best to wait a bit for this to drop to $10 at Best Buy just like Miracle Mask did. Shouldn't be much longer now if it drops as fast as MM did.

MM took two years to drop to $10...

#24 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   2195 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:58 AM

MM took two years to drop to $10...

But it did drop to $15 within a few months of release. They appear to have learned their lesson and produced fewer units of Azran.

#25 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   7734 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:35 AM

One day sale?  Showing up $39.99 for me.

#26 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   2195 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:55 AM

Yep, didn't last very long.

#27 ravens52bears54   Thin Blue Line CAGiversary!   957 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

ravens52bears54

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:47 PM

Yep, didn't last very long.

I wish I would've known that. I figured that since it showed up Sunday it would be all week. I saw this post Sunday night while on my tablet in bed and was too tired to check my collection to see if I owned it already. I went to buy it last night and was bummed to see it was back to full price. I think it's the only Layton game I don't own too.

Let's go O's!

#28 sovereignNX-73811   Classified as his own niche of a niche CAGiversary!   4055 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:59 PM

Ha! Just finished it today. Weakest Prof Layton game. Good deal though!

Rush job :shame:  it originally came out two years after Miracle Mask...Curious Village and Diabolical Box came out same year, Unwound Future came out the following year, and Last Specter the year after that...

In a sense it's rather weaker since some of the puzzles were nearly exact copies of ones from Miracle Mask. The beginning had a puzzle with sliding penguins on ice I think and one had pirate/sailor figure hopping. Plus the 3DS games have no evil math problems...OK I hated those too but it does lower the difficulty nevertheless. 

It's also why I look forward to the trials in Layton v. Wright. Fortunately, while some of the puzzle concepts are the same, they've redressed them and made them fit in the context of Labrynthia at least. Also I wish there was more voice work for both AL and LvW.

Well...I'm now officially waiting for The Layton Original Trilogy Plus Edition or something...

I will say this: If you've played ANY of the Layton games, yes it's still worth every one of the $40 you'll spend on it. I know, it's against our CAG-ness...but it is.

Infamously known to post this gif waaay too much:

Spoiler

Current Playlist: 

Spoiler

#29 morrodox   Hedonistic Iconoclast CAGiversary!   882 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

morrodox

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:49 PM

Sorry I missed this one, $25 would have been my price for Azran.  But maybe just as well.  I played the 4 on original DS, haven't touched Miracle Mask yet, and just started Layton vs Wright this weekend.  Maybe by the time I finish those, Azran will be under $20.

#30 KornKid91   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   211 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

KornKid91

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:37 PM

I just bought Layton/Phoenix Wright, should this be a good game to get a feel of what I'm doing, never had an interest in Layton.

The Layton sections in L vs. PW play exactly like they do in the Layton games down to the navigation, sound effects and even menu. Although you can probably play Azran Legacy and be fine it's the third part of the prequel trilogy so you'd miss out on something. I'd reccomend starting from the first game, but if you don't want to go back and play DS games go with Miracle Mask and get Azran Legacy if you want more.