- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (9/28 to 10/4)

target weekly ad super smash bros disney infinity forza horizon 2 shadow of mordor wii u hyrule warriors gift card

#61 Hades79   I miss BlockBuster deals! CAGiversary!   1249 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:02 PM

Thanks for the update.  The $15 points on SSB is pretty good!

#62 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:03 PM

Dang, too bad that's right after the $20 back in points coupon ends.

#63 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36927 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:04 PM

Looks like that Facebook coupon ($20 in points back on $20+ online orders) that expires 9/30 might come in handy if that $15 in points for SSB 3DS appears online, as well. :bouncy:

EDIT:

Dang, too bad that's right after the $20 back in points coupon ends.

Aw, it doesn't expire 9/30? :-k

#64 Hades79   I miss BlockBuster deals! CAGiversary!   1249 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:15 PM

Does that $20 coupon work in store?  I guess I could do an instore pickup as well...$5 for SSB seems pretty good.  I just wonder about the instore stock levels.  But they did have Destiny in right away.

Guest_rcerboss_*

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:26 PM

Does that $20 coupon work in store?  I guess I could do an instore pickup as well...$5 for SSB seems pretty good.  I just wonder about the instore stock levels.  But they did have Destiny in right away.

Obviously this is YMMV but it's my experience that they won't even get around to putting the games out for a week or so.  You'll have to ask somebody to look in the back.

That $15 back on SSB isn't a bad deal, anybody who preordered without stacking another coupon or anything only got $10 back.  I only got $20 off myself lol....

#66 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:43 PM

Looks like that Facebook coupon ($20 in points back on $20+ online orders) that expires 9/30 might come in handy if that $15 in points for SSB 3DS appears online, as well. :bouncy:

EDIT:

Aw, it doesn't expire 9/30? :-k

It does and I suppose if it's live on the website before the coupon expires it might all work.  I have no faith in such things when it comes to Kmart and if Smash came out a few days earlier it would be much better.

#67 Uso   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   423 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:49 PM

Coupon work but the points total didn't change at checkout. YMMV

#68 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:53 PM

Coupon work but the points total didn't change at checkout. YMMV

This is for next weeks ad.

#69 LostMyNarbles  

LostMyNarbles

Posted 22 September 2014 - 03:08 PM

Looks like I'll grab a system at Kmart since I want a 2DS/3DS for Smash Bros. Do the points work instantly after purchase or do they need awhile to clear? Would be nice if I could buy the system and Smash Bros right after but I'm sure my store won't have Smash Bros anyway.

#70 Avenger772  

Avenger772

Posted 22 September 2014 - 03:39 PM

I think I still have 8 bucks on a best buy gift card.  I can finally use it on something with this b2g1.

#71 Uso   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   423 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2014 - 03:54 PM

This is for next weeks ad.

I know. Facebook coupon no longer work. It will add to the order. The point won't show up in the confirmation

#72 konicki829   Balls Deep CAGiversary!   245 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

konicki829

Posted 22 September 2014 - 04:06 PM

That Wii U deal is very tempting, especially matching it at Target. Might wait until Black Friday deals though.

#73 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16927 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 22 September 2014 - 04:29 PM

Nothing for Forza Horizon 2...and they don't even have a listing for the game on K-Mart's website. WTF?

#74 inky1600   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1634 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2014 - 04:54 PM

Looks like I'll grab a system at Kmart since I want a 2DS/3DS for Smash Bros. Do the points work instantly after purchase or do they need awhile to clear? Would be nice if I could buy the system and Smash Bros right after but I'm sure my store won't have Smash Bros anyway.

Not sure but my guess is yes. For sure the points from the first purchase will show up right on your paper receipt unlike website orders which we all know are hit or miss as to when/if they show up as available.

#75 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11526 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:31 PM

90 days for rewards nao?

Kmart make this permanent.

Kmart plz.

#76 lakerfanalways   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1580 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

lakerfanalways

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:58 PM

Shadow of Mortor Middle Earth will be coming out on the 30th also..what do you all think of that game worth getting that as the discounted game?

#77 evilw0n   Deals & Games CAGiversary!   1805 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:27 AM

Totally off topic rant:

Kmart - enjoy while it lasts.  Eddie Lampert is running this and Sears into the ground.  I thought that I read he spends <$2 / sqft in maintenance per store.  Target, WalMart and others spend $6-8.  Wonder why your Sears and Kmart look like crap and nothing is out?  

BTW - he had to float SHLD a $400 million loan for the holiday season this year.  Read that again....in an age of insanely cheap money, he couldn't get a loan for the holiday season.

This bus is going down and going down hard.  At least Radio Shack tried....they have failed...but tried something.  Heck, Eddie Lampert is making Penneys look like geniuses.  

Back on topic - good points but I'm going with my BBY Rewards.  At least they will be around for a couple more years before they bleed out...and they are trying as well.

Thanks OP

#78 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6598 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:26 AM

Finally Horizon 2 deals are popping up. This game looks really good so let's hope BB or GS step up and give some better discounts.

BB is giving a $10 Xbox Code. Stacks with GCU if you have it.

Other than that and Target, haven't seen anything else.

#79 IronZombie   Time to Feed CAGiversary!   1480 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

IronZombie

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:53 AM

BB is giving a $10 Xbox Code. Stacks with GCU if you have it.

Other than that and Target, haven't seen anything else.

Thanks mate I was wondering about that Xbox code. I guess I could always put it towards more Rocksmith song purchases so not bad. 

#80 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1944 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:09 AM

I rather not say that it would work with 100% confidence. It has in the past which is why I said usually but it may change. Will it I don't know.

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to believe that it won't. It has every single one of the times that Best Buy has done this before, and there is no sign of this being any different.

And yes, I'm going to leave your posts quoted no matter how many times you hide them.

#81 rjejr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   549 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:11 PM

Well that's the first offer I've seen for Hyrule Warriros anywhere so may have to go try and see if they'll give it to me on Friday. Been trying since last week to pre-oreder it but Kmarts website wont let me.  

http://www.kmart.com...31&AID=11042397

#82 johntigger   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   101 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

johntigger

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:22 PM

I think they should reflect instantly at right after the purchase so I dont think you'll have any issues purchasing the sytem and Smash Bros right after.

#83 johntigger   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   101 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

johntigger

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:24 PM

I was gonna get shadow of mordor on black Friday but for $41 and a $10 giftcard it's pretty good deal. Do you think I should wait cause I also have GCU?

ahah I was thinking the same.. WIth the $10 gift card it really brings it down to $31.. I couldn't imigine a much better deal on black friday. But who knows they may suprise me.

#84 robErob  

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:41 PM

ahah I was thinking the same.. WIth the $10 gift card it really brings it down to $31.. I couldn't imigine a much better deal on black friday. But who knows they may suprise me.

Don't for about the extra $5 gift card if you pre order.

#85 movie2cats   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   350 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:00 PM

Tip for those getting FH2: If you were an FM5 VIP then you get $10 off Season Pass when purchasing through XBL. Same is true for FH2 VIP. Meaning:

FH2 (w/GCU) - $48
FH2 SP - $5 (using $10 XBL code and the $10 off from FM5 VIP)
FH2 VIP - $10 (after FM5 VIP)

Not shabby all things considered. Forza has a deteriorating shelf life to me so I'll probably pass on the SP but it will essentially give me free VIP so I can cruise around in my Urus and Donkervoort.

#86 Nyxaz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   335 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:12 PM

I'm thinking you could price match this at Target and get a $25 gift card on top of it. Plus 5% red card (and possibly mover's coupon). This could be one of the better Wii U deals so far.

Will Target do that?  Still give you the gift card and price match BB? 

That's good enough for me.  Two included games, plus a gift card to buy some more.

#87 Nyxaz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   335 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:18 PM

So the Best Buy thread mentions price matching at Target.  BB has the Wii U Bundle for $275.  So Target should price match that and still give you the $25 gift card, right?

Doesn't the refurbished model come with Nintendoland as well? If so, then you're paying an extra $100 for a $25 GC and a game you can probably find for $40-50.

Also read the fine print at Nintendo.  You can't register the refurbished system for Club Nintendo.  Those 160 coins are important to some people.  

#88 jflooooooooo  

jflooooooooo

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:53 AM

will bestbuy pm the mordor deal? that could be a good deal seeing as I have a 12 buck gift card and 10% movers coupon. 

#89 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8191 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:03 AM

nope it's not even in the ad

remember BB has done a 2nd weekly ad that pops up usually on a Weds of that week, it may start on Weds or become 2 day sale(Fri-Sat) that happened someNintendo games.

Wonder if they`ll have those $10 off any Wii-U game coupon type promotionl books

#90 UcanSUKtheFAC   Banned Banned   1304 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

UcanSUKtheFAC

Posted 24 September 2014 - 02:52 PM

my god, Best Buy is just full of stupid. They didnt even mention probably the biggest game on the most popular platform right now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: target, weekly ad, super smash bros, disney infinity, forza horizon 2, shadow of mordor, wii u, hyrule warriors, gift card